Spider Farmer SF7000 LED

I recently purchased a Spider Farmer SF7000. Can anyone tell me if I should keep it? Can I use it for Veg and Flower or do I need to get a different one. Honestly I don’t understand the lighting lingo. It’s for. 6X6 tent and this was on of those that said it would cover that area.

1 Like

You can veg under it for sure, but I don’t know that you could flower a whole 6x6 area. Maybe @dbrn32 has some input.

1 Like

It was very expensive IMO so if I can’t veg and flower with it, I will send it back. But I have no idea what light to use. I do also have other lights I can add to it but they are much smaller and I don’t know anything about them except that they are LEDs

2 Likes

You can veg and flower under the same light. Its full spectrum. You veg footprint is usually a little bit bigger than flower footprint. Depends on how many plants you plan to grow. @G8keeper

I plan on six plants in 5gal buckets. The large tent hasn’t arrived yet so I have no idea what is going to fit in it.

1 Like

@G8keeper my opinion in a 6x6 i would start with 3 and see how that goes. I have a 12x8 room amd my max in that is 6 but i like to give my girls plenty of room to stretch out. 3 plants will fill up a 6x6 quite nicely and your SF7000 will be plenty for that. Look into LST (low stress training) to help maximize your yield to allow your plants to get the most from your light.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the advice. I’m kinda winging it. I went with hydroponics so I was under the impression that you grow the plants small and squat.

1 Like

They claim 5x5 for flower, 6x6 for veg. I suspect they have it about right based on all of the specs.

3 Likes

Since I already have 6 plants in the process is it possible to beg three longer while three flower?

Vegetate

Phew!!! I was so afraid I wasted 600$

1 Like

So whats the worst thing that will happen? Its not like the 6 inch perimeter of the tent will have dead buds. Those on the very edge may not get the most intense light but they will produce, perhaps a couple grams less than if you had more light. If it was me I would be happy with that setup.

7 Likes

I think you’ll be fine. And in the future if you need more light for coverage, you can add a second smaller light. Or even supplemental lighting. While I have a much smaller tent, I added AC Infinity supplemental lights to the sides of my tent. You can see them here:

And in action here:

Which helps with the overall light coverage.

4 Likes

Thank you. Is there anything else you can foresee me needing? I have a shitload of used equipment that I bought off of someone. It has been a full time job trying to figure everything out. I’m a little discouraged by reading online because each site does things differently. I prefer these forums so I can chat with people who actually have some experience.

5 Likes

Good Morning @Newt are those uv lights? Have a great day! :v: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s excellent I have a few smaller LEDs I could use but I’m kinda liking your vertical lighting idea. And AC Infinity sells good products I just ordered a fan of there’s that senses the RH and adjusts the speed automatically which I thought would be helpful? I have a severe problem with the tent heat on the seedlings and they are beginning to droop a little. I don’t know how to get the temp down so I added a water chiller? I’m hoping this will help. I will also have someone switch the lights from T5 fluorescents to an LED? Which one burns hotter?

1 Like

No, these are the full spectrum. I also have their UV supplementals, but I have them mounted to the side of my overhead lights, and you can’t see them in this pic.

1 Like

Yes, I love my ACI stuff. I use their exhaust in both my veg/clone/auto tent, and in my flower tent. As for temp, LEDs should be cooler. Another option is to move the LED driver out of the tent. Not sure how difficult that would be on the SF7000, but is a great way to bring your temps down.

1 Like

I learned everything I know right here. No need to go elsewhere. There is a great core of solid experienced growers who don’t berate newer members or first timers. You may get various answers at times but that’s because there are different systems of growing and you will eventually find the one that fits your needs. We all are on board with wanting you to succeed. We get a kick out of watching grows.
Maybe start by telling us your plan. What system of growing do you want to attempt. Soil? Coco Coir? Hydroponic?

5 Likes

That is awesome! Thank you so much! Initially I tried to germ 18 seeds that were sitting in the fridge for a year, it was a complete failure, I have one lone seedling from that attempt. The seed bank replaced all the seeds for free and I successfully germinated six more seedlings. I’m using RDWC hydroponics and I made that decision because I’m an older female and probably can’t carry that much soil up and down the stairs. Everything has been fine but the tent temp is almost always over 80 and water temp is pretty close to that. They are in a small 2x2 tent and they are about 3 inches tall. I added a water chiller but I can’t do anything more for the heat as my house is very warm in general. My roots are definitely a little brown so I have them a hydrogen peroxide rinse yesterday and they appeared to handle it well but today the roots appear browner and the leaves are starting to curl. That’s about as far as I have gotten.

Laurie Gately

1 Like