Spider Farmer SF7000 LED

I decided to try to grow because I smoke over an ounce a week and I really can’t afford it any longer. So I’m pretty desperate for a successful grow!

Laurie Gately

3 Likes

Perhaps Coco Coir would be the way to go. Its essentially like hydroponic growing but the coco will tolerate warmer temps better than a reservoir will. Coco comes in compressed blocks that expand when water is added. Growth is far superior to soil but not quite as strong as hydro, I grow two plants at a time in a 3x4 tent and produce over 3lbs a year, which is enough for an ounce a week.

I use this one. About 16 dollars and its about 14x14x5 inches in the package. Has a handle on top to make an easy carry. Nutrient solution and pH levels are exactly the same as hydro solutions. One downside is you need to water it daily. I have had to water twice a day a few times when the plants were growing quickly. 90% of the time its just daily.

If not then you will need to get a chiller that works well enough to keep the temps down.

1 Like

@G8keeper i grow in living soil. Once you start comsuming what youve grown, your usage will go way down. I used to smoke nearly an ounce per week, but now since ive started growing, thats went down to nearly a quarter or half/oz. I just weighed my last plant that i harvested and got 4 oz off her dried. Im happy with that because i had ph issues due to a additive i was using and it took a a while to get that under control. My previous grows from 3 plants would yield close to a lb or a little less. I have a flower room 12x8 and a veg 4x8 and a drying room 4x8. I only grow for myself and a few other family members, so once i harvest, i have plants ready to go into flower and the process starts over.

1 Like

I’m hoping to have a nice flow so there is always a harvest. I didn’t plan on 6 plants, I honestly thought most of them would die. I can’t even keep a houseplant alive so this is a tremendous leap I’m taking. I don’t mind spending money on the set up as I would be smoking that money up in bud anyway. Lol

Boy it sounds like you have a hell of a set up and lots of room!

1 Like

@G8keeper im still in the process of finding a strain i cant live without and figuring out what nutrients work best for my grow. Its always a learning experience and a fun one at that.

If my six make it I will practice on three.

1 Like

You want be able to grow 6 plants in a 2x2 tent and are you growing photo period plants or autos.

No, I started the seedlings in a 2x2. I have a 6x6 tent coming and thought I’d thought that would be good for six hydroponic plants. They’re all photos.

2 Likes

I have the SF7000 in a 5x5 with the UVA bars added and just finished 10 autos in 5 gal buckets. It’s a great light imho.

5 Likes

Thank you!d

@Fieldofdreams - SWEET. Nice grow.

1 Like

I have the se 7000 its bad to the bone,

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I found the lighting to be the most complicated.

How much did that room harvest. How much per plant also. Just for reference. Thank you.

I let you know when it comes down in a week or two. This pic was from a couple weeks ago they bigger now lol.

Can’t wait! I’m excited for you!

2 Likes

Any updates ?