Sour D is in trouble

that calculations just flushed my worries out of my pothead. Thank you.

I guess my ph pen is dried out. when I open in shows 1. and no change. what is the problem? is it broken this fast? problems just keep coming :frowning:. @bob @Myfriendis410 @Hogmaster

1 Like

It’s possible, but first try soaking it in distilled water for several hours and see if it reads. The glass bulb needs to remain damp.

1 Like

I have soaked it in ro water with 4.0 ph solution as I dont have any distilled water. It reads now but fluctuates greatly @Myfriendis410

Give it 12 hours. If it’s cracked you’ll have to replace it.

1 Like

After waiting in 7 ph solution, my ph pen works again.

I’ve made a new slurry test with 6.0 pH’ed water. After 15 min slurry test result is 6.8. What do you think? @bob31 @Myfriendis410 the sample soil was not completely dry before the test if it makes any different.

1 Like

Sounds like the soil is okay.

Really? I dont get the logic behind slurry test I had thought it like that: water was 6 ph and the result is 6.8. So soil should be higher than 6.8 -more like 7.3- and naturally result is 6.8 meaning soil is not okay.

How come result is okay with 6.8 and my growing media should be 5.8-6.3? @bob31 @Myfriendis410

Soiless mixes are 5.8 or so and soil is generally 6.5 @Snake 6.8 is within tolerances though!

@Myfriendis410

Thanks but I dont still get it. What is the ideal ph should I get from a slurry test for my media? I know 5.8-6.3 is okay for soil less for watering and inside the pot but when the slurry is 6.8 I dont get how it is okay. @Myfriendis410 @Hogmaster @bob31

5.8 is the ideal for soiless growing mediums

6.5 is the idea for soil

I’m not sure what you don’t understand? Can you ask me a different way?

The slurry test confirms the correct pH of the water you should use.

Are you testing the bio-bizz soil @Snake

1 Like

if my slurry test result is 6.8 does it mean my media has a 6.8 ph? So if it is, this means I’m out of the ideal range 5.8-6.3? In the last session I had given them 6 ph water and now slurry test is 6.8 so does it mean in the next watering I should give them water with lower ph than my last watering so it would lower slurry test from 6.8?

Yes I am testing biobizz in this topic @bob31

ok, now I get you. That is what the bag is saying is the correct ph range? is that correct?

Can you look at above posts, you will remember. My bag gives me 6.2

I read too many topics in a day sometimes :smiley:

That is the Bio-Bizz Light mix which is made of ??

1 Like

I know sorry for hassle. Yes biobizz light mix. @bob31

Ihe ingredients according to the bag are peat moss, spagnum peat and perlite.

I wrote this awhile back. I have no clue how that soil is possibly that high in pH if it is peat based.

And you just calibrated your meter in 7 fluid? @Snake

1 Like

Yes I actually read them multiple times just today, more than that in total :smiley: u are a great help to me.

Yes I just calibrated it, with a 6.86 solution and I calibrated it at 6.9 exactly. slurry test result with 1:1 ratio with a 6 ph water after 15 min is 6.8 @bob31

Sorry. I thought we were talking soil.

no, I thought when you read you remember all the topic my bad @Myfriendis410

1 Like