Sour D is in trouble

Sour diesel, 35 days from flip to 12/12, 250w hps, 14 l pot, biobizz Light mix, biobizz grow and bloom (2.5 ml/4litre each)
Last few weeks it is drinking less, started yellowing from bottom, general pale yellowing. Tips brown/black. I have added slightly Epsom salts in the last watering. What do you think is the problem? Thanks.
![20171119_183022|374x500]
(upload://xXDcRHAYrx6lbvuItzaiga0CjFn.jpg)

2 Likes

It’s best if you fill out a help support ticket so we don’t leave any variables out @Snake just tag us with the @ symbol so we get notified.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix?

Indoor or Outdoor,

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

1 Like

Strain; sour Diesel from ilgm

Soil in pots 14 liters

System type soil

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? ~7 in pot

What is strength of nutrient mix? 2.5 ml biobizz grow and bloom with 4 liters water with natural spring water

Indoor

Light system, 250w hps dual spectrum

Temps; Day, max 30 c min 21 c
Humidity; Day, 32 night 44

Ventilation system; Yes, exhaust s&p silent 125 and 3 pc case fan for letting air in

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no

Co2; No

1 Like

@bob31 @Donaldj @Hogmaster @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971
I have ideas, and suspicions of what going on here, but I have tagged some more experienced growers than myself and will be along shortly. I don’t want to give out misinformation. @Snake

1 Like

I have treated them only with biobizz grow and bloom and a little Epsom salt, so is flashing necessary on organic grow? Does it kill or lessen organic microbes in the grow? If I need to pH down the water say from 7.5 to 6.8, does apple vinegar can help it? Thank you.

Moreover, it’s yellowing mainly in the bottom and yellowing focuses on leaves that take light. Leaves on the shade or parts of the leaves that on shade are greener.

@Snake

At least four issues I see immediately.

How are you measuring the pH of your water? If this is an organic potting soil then the pH needs to be 6.5

If it is an organic soiless mix it would require a water pH of 5.8

Your pot is too small for that plant. That plant needs a 5 gallon plus pot. 14 liters is like a 3 gallon pot, you need like and 18 liter (5 Gallon pot)

Nutrients: Bio-Biz Grow and Bloom. At this point in their growth they probably need more nutrients than that. Most have a big three that is the minimum that they need

The Bio Bizz Growing medium

http://www.biobizz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Data-Sheets-2016-001-Light-Mix-US-EN.jpg

The only hint I can get of what the ingredients of this soil is this that I found in a review

“Biobizz 50L Light-Mix Potting Soil Bag is made from Baltic Peat which is the top derivative of peat that generates a light furry texture with significant air exchange. There is also no need to buy perlite as it is already contained in the mixture.”

Please look at the bag and see if it lists the ingredients. If so please post them here!

@Covertgrower

5 Likes

Bio-Bizz Nutrients

In flowering you should be getting

Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom and Top-Max based on this feeding chart. What week are you on? @Snake

2 Likes

I thought top max is more like a booster stuff, not basic. Isn’t it?
I don’t pH my water, just trying to give water as close to 7.0-7.3 pH as possible. I was measureing it with ph strips. In their site they mention their line don’t need to be phed. Until now no issues I had with this method.
And I measured the pH with a tool, you stick it in the soil and it gives you pH. it was 7 today.

I’m on day 35 day from flip to 12/12, week 5 I guess.
Maybe the water I give my plants is missing things like calcium and magnesium. Because I just read in a site that the brands I use have ppms in the range 30 - 120. Thanks! @bob31

1 Like

Nute lockout? That’s my read right now @bob31.

Besides the root bound condition.

2 Likes

Do you have a grow chart? That should show you the increase and changes in nutrients as your plant matures.

I suspect you have N deficiency showing as a result of the pot size and ph of the solution going in. A digital ph meter is really a much better tool than soil ph testers. They are notoriously inaccurate.

2 Likes

Yes I have but I don’t follow it exactly. I started at a very low level then upped it till 2.5 ml/4 liter water. till now, then I fixed it at that level because I had issues.

Yes, I am just learning about the boi-bizz line recently.

How old is your plant?

How long ago did she start flowering? Or what week of flowering are you in?

@snake they recommend the water pH of 6.2 but my guess is that is you did aslurry test you’d find it is more like 5.8 pH

There is no actual soil in that.

That soil meter is junk. There is no way the soil is 7.0 pH

I have never seen one yet that was accurate. You saw the meters and pH and all I posted above, The cheap pH meter will get you buy or get the pH up and down kit with the ph bottle and drops it is 10x more accurate.

You need to shoot for water pH of 5.8

Yes, that is the major issue @Myfriendis410

3 Likes

From biobizz site faq:
"How do you balance the pH/EC of Biobizz soil/fertilizer?
When using Biobizz soils, you don’t need to measure the EC and pH value like you would when using a mineral medium. Biobizz products only contain natural organic elements, giving them a very low Electrical Conductivity (EC) value. And while the organic elements can’t be measured, they do have a self-regulating system, which helps maintain the pH values at the correct level.

“How can I influence the pH value?”
If the pH of the water you’re using is much higher than the standard pH value of 7.0-7.3, you could try using apple vinegar or citric acid to reduce its acidity – aim for a value between 6.8 and 7.2. Once it’s nearer the correct level, add the Biobizz nutrient.
link:
http://www.biobizz.com/support/#faq-4938
so you guys say my soil is more like 5.8 ph and I need to up it with a ph up? any other advices? @bob31
btw, I measured waters ph which supposed to be ~7 ph, and the tool showed that it is 7. I’m lost. and I love my plant. Help!

I cant reply any more, it says I need to wait 19 hours :frowning: it sprouted in 2 september, flipped to 12/12 in 14 october. @bob31

thanks for the reply. Then I am ignoring all the biobizz instructions and flush it. Btw I asked above but not replied. Does organic grows differ in flushing? interms of microbes or whatever their names is, in the soil? Does flushing kills them? and if yes, do I adjust ph only to 6.3 and water the plant just enough no run off?
And last one, can I use apple vinegar as suggested in biobizz site for ph down, is it stable? @Hogmaster @bob31

apple vinegar is ok to ph down? @bob31

@Snake, what you really should do, and most successful growers do is this: mix nutes per chart and allow to settle for 15 minutes. Stir and test ph of the nutrient mix and adjust it to 5.8 to 6.2 ph using one of the meters @bob31 posted along with ph up or down.

Your medium is considered soil less and because it’s peat based, your ph in would be higher than coco IIRC.

I have the Apera ph meter and highly recommend it. You should also acquire a tds meter. Slightly less important than the ph meter but when you need it it’s invaluable.

Being soil less your pot size is probably on the small side of okay. I would probably finish the grow in that pot.

1 Like

@Snake You need to do like bob was saying ph is a huge part of these baby’s 6.3-6.6 is the range I like to be I no it says you don’t have to ph but it really is best I use promix and I ph at 5.5-5.8 if you can pull it out like that I would definitely transplant to a bigger pot it should help out tremendously the roots need more room good luck just tag any of us if you need anything else :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

PH and Lighting, the most important part of any grow!

3 Likes

Actually my advice is to do a slurry test and prove what the pH of your soil is. TDS and EC are irrelevant at this point. (Good to know but not an emergency like resolving your pH) @Snake

Your plant is showing severe pH issues that need to be corrected ASAP.

Flushing with incorrect pH water is not what you need to do.That is only going to make things worse.

If you don’t have a pH meter how do you know at what pH the water is and what your soil is?

4 Likes

Being soil less, the critical thing at this point is properly controlling input ph and getting back to baseline with the medium. @Hogmaster has experience with the peat based soil less medium and would follow his advice.

If it were my plant I would flush the medium with ph’d water and get on track. Particularly with a probable nute lockout.

2 Likes

hey @bob31 i’ve seen you mention a slurry a few times, could you give details/direction on this? thanks!

~peace

@jusgettinby

The safest way to proceed is to do a slurry test. Get an ounce of your growing medium into a cup with an ounce of 6.5 ph water and let it setup for 15-30 minutes and see what the pH is.

Important is equal parts water and soil and pH the water to 6.5 or 5.8 either one.

Run the test and let me know!

2 Likes