Skippy's first grow, Banana Kush, WonderDawg, White Tahoe Cookies, Black Jack in coco with Jacks321

@Not2SureYet I only have this one journal going and the G13 seeds just started sprouting yesterday. They are put into coco at post 249, I think. Feel free to follow along, offer advice, and let me know if I am screwing something up!
UglyRashEskimodog-max-1mb kingo
Everybody twist!

3 Likes

Cool, what nutes are you using. So I don’t have to scroll up right now. I am playing catch up here lol Mine will not get dropped till about the beginning of March. And now I remember your journal. That is a super nice garden you have going on :+1:

2 Likes

I am using Jacks 3-2-1 in coco with armor-si and using MKP in the first 3 weeks after light flips to 12/12. The 3 out of 4 that sprouted are under 24 hours of light right now, hoping the 4th will sprout by tomorrow. I will use a 6/2 light schedule for veg- because it worked well so far.

3 Likes

I would introduce some microbes, look into fishsh!t to get massive roots

3 Likes

I seriously thought about it, and probably will at some point. It hasn’t seemed necessary so far, and I am thinking of keeping it simple while I learn about when and how to adjust nutrients. I seem to remember you discussing silica with @Nicky sometime ago and was wondering if you tried the dry silica (agsil 16h if I remember correctly) and if you did how that worked out for you and how much you were adding and when to add during the mix. If I am remembering wrong who discussed it, maybe it will come to me. I will probably try something along the lines of sensizyme for reusing coco as far as microbes go first.

3 Likes

Agsil works good. My issue is the amount of PH down needed with it. I mix 11 gallons at a time. I think the last time I used it. I had to add some thing like 11ml to get it to 6.0 That is just with Jack’s My aroumor si comes out at about 6.0 every now and then I have to add a touch of up to get it to 6.0 as a start.

2 Likes

I have been using the armour si at about 1ml a gallon mostly because that makes my PH fall in at 5.8 if I make my faucet water warm, I should probably just keep using that since stuff has gone well that way.

1 Like

Friday, January 14. Day 49 of flower. Trimmed 1 small bud near the top of a Black Jack clone.
Fri Jan 14 22-24-40
Fri Jan 14 22-26-07
Fri Jan 14 22-27-52
All shots from the same flower, seems to be getting cloudy.

5 Likes

Getting close and looking good!

3 Likes

I suck so bad at judging trichs

1 Like

Sounds like a great plan

1 Like

You and I just need more practice

2 Likes

Getting close Skippy. Exciting!

2 Likes

Tuesday, January 18. Day 53 of flower for the 4x4. Day 5 since these seedlings sprouted.

The 3 G-13’s are just starting to show the second set of true leaves and I will probably put the timer on the lights for a 6/2 schedule tonight or tomorrow. I doubt the 4th seed is going to sprout at this point but I will still give it the chance for a few days. I mixed 4 gallons of Jacks 3.6/2.4/1.2 and am feeding the big girls a quart at a time and they are really taking up most of it. This is the big tent.

The 3 Black Jack clones are looking much more colorful, orange pistils receding as the flowers are darkening and some new pistils being pushed out in some places. This is one of the average buds.

Most leaf tips are yellow and some other yellow places have shown up that have the same burnt appearance. This is the Banana Kush.

The BK looks much farther from being done and the large fan leaves are curling up from heat I suppose. I think the majority of the Black Jack is a week or 2 away and the BK is at least 2 or 3 weeks away. I am considering turning off the Bloomplus light in the center of the tent which would decrease the wattage from 625 to about 500 all from the 2 HLG 260xl rspecs. The thing that I am thinking of now is how to dry those Black Jack plants without purchasing a 3rd tent and vent fan.

4 Likes

Send em over here skippy, I’ll dry em for ya :wink:

2 Likes

Always thinking of others, aren’t you?

2 Likes

Sometimes it takes a village!

2 Likes

First world problems…
You have it rough there Skippy. I feel your pain.

1 Like

Don’t do it Skippy. I would worry about shrinkage.

2 Likes

Thursday, January 20. Day 55 of flower for the 4x4. Day 7 above ground for the 3 G13’s in the 2x4. I turned the light from 48 watts to 60 watts for the seedlings when I switched them to a 6/2 light schedule and left the height where it was.

I mixed 4 gallons of Jacks at 3.6/2.4/1.2 and am feeding it to each big girl a quart at a time, the seedlings got 2 oz each.

I will try to take some trichome shots tomorrow as that is 1 week since the previous ones. The Black Jack clones are so much beefier looking than their mother was and I hope the quality has improved as much. Very much darker coloring on them as time moves on. Last shot.

3 Likes