Skippy's first grow, Banana Kush, WonderDawg, White Tahoe Cookies, Black Jack in coco with Jacks321

Thank you.
Since I only had one strain the first time, I went to the other extreme. Four different this time. So far it is working fine since I have three tents to use. At this point I am happy with this method.
What t I have decided part way through my second grow is to not have varying ages and possibly only photos or only autos. At one time with this go I was mixing three different formulas. Right now and until the end I am mixing one formula (flower) for the five photos and diluting it 2:1 nute/CalMag water for the autos, so it is a bit less time consuming. Wasn’t just time; I sometimes got confused and messed up the mixes.

1 Like

Packed house!

2 Likes

That is what makes me want to just grow photos of one kind for next round, especially since I am still learning the nutrient adjustments needed. Just mix one big batch of feed.

1 Like

They all need a haircut too, or at least a bunch of leaves removed!

2 Likes

Mine too, Seems like I pull a bunch off then 10 minutes later it’s twice as bad!

2 Likes

Monday, January 3. Day 38 of flower. Pistils just starting to turn orange on the Black Jack clones.

I am mixing 4 gallons per day for the 4 plants. Jacks is still being mixed at 3.6/2.0/1.2 per gallon after starting with 1 ml of Armor-si per gallon. PHed to 5.8. I have been feeding a quart at a time over a 6 hour period per plant. Power shut off this morning for about 5 hours during the dark cycle, I just left the tent closed and then turned the exhaust fan up when the power came back on. These are some pics of a couple of colas easy to reach.

Still expecting a big defoliation in a couple days. These flowers look much better than the mother did, I am hoping the quality is better as well. Debating with myself on when to drop the next round of seeds.

3 Likes

Those are some beautiful colas. Very nice.

1 Like

Thursday, January 6. Day 41 of flower. I increased my part b of the Jacks back to the standard 2.4 grams per gallon and mixed 4 gallons today. 1 gallon will go to hydrating 1/2 brick of coco, the other 3 are going to the plants. The EC was 2.65 which seems a little high, around 1350 ppm if my brain is working ok.

Everything looks ok to me, still giving 625 watts of led light. Pistils on the Black Jack clones are turning orange and buds seem to be fattening. I feel like I need to get the next round started.

5 Likes

Sunday, January 9. Day 44 of flower. Mixed 4 gallons of Jacks at 3.6/2.4/1.2 and PHed water to 5.8. Clones are finishing faster than the Banana Kush, just like last round. Each plant is getting about a gallon of feed, split into 2 or 3 feedings over the evening with the BK getting about a quart less than the others.

Still needing to defoliate so of course I chose to hang the 135 rspec light in the 2x4 tent and set it to 50 watts. I used a plastic storage bin to raise things up and laid a seed starting heating mat down on that. I have never used one before but it seems pretty straightforward. I filled 4 clear solo cups with coco, and placed them inside red sleeves to keep light off the roots. I planted 4 ILGM G-13 seeds directly into the coco about a 1/4 inch deep after soaking them for the couple of hours I was setting things up.

If the coco seems to be drying too quickly I will put some clear cups upside down on top of these but will probably give about an ounce of water a day to each regardless. I am hoping these G-13 genetics are as good as the Banana Kush was, that is a pretty potent strain and I am very happy with the results. Here is a peek through the window of the 4x4 tent.

3 Likes

I hope my plants look like yours some day. Gorgeous!
I had a real fiasco starting seeds for this grow. Soaking, towels, plastic bags, etc. FAIL.
Thought long and hard. Why not put the seed in the grow medium, place on a heat mat, and add water? Worked 4 out of 4 tries.
Three differences with what you propose is I kept the medium moist by adding a few drops of water (cannot overwater coco) every few hours and covered them with a humidity dome. Lastly, I used cloth bags instead of solo cups.
No light till they sprout. Not saying I am right, just that it worked for me.

1 Like

Thursday, January 13. Day 48 of flower.

I am still mixing 4 gallons per day of Jacks at 3.6/2.4/1.2 with silica added at the start, phed to 5.8. Giving each plant about a quart at a time 3 times per evening. Almost all pistils are orange on the Black Jack clones and the buds look much better than the Mom’s did.

These will probably finish before the Banana Kush by a couple weeks. In the 2x4 tent, 3 of the G-13 have sprouted and I imagine the 4th will pop by tomorrow or the next day.

Tick, tock!

5 Likes

I have just kept my new grow on my same journal @ashhhh if you wanna tag along. The comment above this one has 3 of the 4 ILGM G13 seeds I planted just sprouting today.

2 Likes

Better start lining up some trimming help!

2 Likes

You got a nice garden there Skippy. Looks like you’ll have a killer harvest :smiley:

Im set to watching :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All looking great! Very much hope I can get my garden looking like yours.
Do you count day 1 of flip as day one of flower?

1 Like

Beautiful bud shot too.

1 Like

I guess that I do, although it can get confusing. If I flipped the timer right now then I would consider this the first day of flower. I know some growers count “flower” as after buttons have clearly formed as the start and that might be 10 days or 20 days after flip. It seems easiest for me to compartmentalize things into a binary choice. The seeds that sprouted yesterday I would refer to as being in veg, although others might break things into 4 or 5 stages. In the end, we all still have to decide for ourselves when/if to transplant and when to flip and especially when to harvest. I have tried to remember when updating my journal to start with the day/date followed by days of veg/flower on each entry, but that is really for my own purposes like comparing pics from last grow to this one at certain points in time. Like this pic is of the Black Jack mother at day 49 of flower.

And this is the clones from that same plant at day 48.

This grow I left the lights almost 150 watts lower, and reduced the part B of Jacks for almost 6 weeks of flower. The plants clearly love the treatment this time around although I raised the part B back to normal as I was seeing signs of calcium deficiency (I think) about a week ago. This really is a learning experience for me.

3 Likes

You are thinking reduced lighting is partly responsible for improved growth?
Definitely learning as we go.

1 Like

I do, I think the light was too high for that 1 plant but my 4 Banana Kush loved all that light. It is very possible I am wrong. This time the tent is mostly the Black Jack and only one Banana Kush so I am trying to cater to the majority. This time the BK isn’t as massive as last time, so I am going to have one strain in the tent on this next grow. You are about to have your hands full looking at your pictures!

2 Likes

Seems like good logic to me. They certainly do look healthy.
Yes, I am hoping for a nice harvest. If the breeders’ descriptions are correct, I should have three or four separate harvests. First should be the autos, which are listed as 8-9 weeks. They are currently in their 9th week - day 64 of life, 20 of flower. Unsure, but I am guessing 4 or more weeks to go for them.

2 Likes