Skippy's first grow, Banana Kush, WonderDawg, White Tahoe Cookies, Black Jack in coco with Jacks321

Looking good in there!

1 Like

Thank you! I am much more laid back about this grow than the first one, I feel like I am actually learning a little going along.

1 Like

I am not quite as comfortable yet as you (as you should be, all looks flawless). Probably next time for me. Definitely learning a lot.

1 Like

Lol, canā€™t blame a guy for tryin

2 Likes

That caravan of plants you have running looks pretty good to me. I have been trying not to go crazy buying seeds of 12 different strains and I wasnā€™t brave enough to try autos yet. I am also recalling stories of chickens and eggs hatching and counting before something. I should probably stick to counting weeks.

2 Likes

Having variety was my goal in my grow and consumption experience, and that is what I will have if all my eggs hatch. Plus, I wanted the experience of watching pairs of multiple strains growing simultaneously. Of course, that introduces itā€™s own problems and makes it more challenging for me. But, so far I like the way things are going. Lots of variances in my grow, even between sisters. The one BC99F wants to be huge (or is it the other is a runt?) If I grow them again, I would go with two in the 2x4 with the extension installed. And the two Auroras are very different from each other.
I need to setup my firewall to disallow any late night purchases. I have enough seeds for both of us.

1 Like

Friday, January21. Day 56 of flower. Still feeding Jacks full strength. Took 1 flower a little lower with yellowing leaves to inspect.
Fri Jan 21 23-38-45
Fri Jan 21 23-40-31
Fri Jan 21 23-41-17
Still seems like a lot of clear.

3 Likes

I see all clear and cloudy. Lots of them. Very enticing.
These you flipped the end of Nov?

1 Like

Yes, should be right at 8 weeks now.

1 Like

How long did they go the first time? I would guess a couple more weeks.
On my initial I was too early even though she went 15 weeks post flip, which I thought was exceptionally long. Regardless, it was not enough. Now I have seeds of a cultivar listed by the breeder as taking that long. Patienceā€¦

1 Like

I think the Black Jack went 10 weeks, and the Banana Kush 11 or 12.

Saturday, January 22. Day 57 of flower in the 4x4. Day 9 of being above ground for the 3 G13ā€™s. Those 3 have sat Shiva long enough so I removed the non starter and fed those 3 about 5 oz each until getting runoff from them for the first time. Left the light alone at 60 watts.

In the big tent the Black Jack clones all have yellow tips on the leaves and some showing yellow from nutrient burn I guess, where entire leaves are turning yellow and some others appearing torn and starting to fade.

While there are some rough looking places in the tent the only thing I can think might be good would be to turn the lights down a bit more, 625 watts right now and I am considering dropping the wattage to 500.

4 Likes

Busy times ahead!

1 Like

Sunday, January 23. Day 57 of flower in the 4x4. Day 10 above ground for the 3 G13. I mixed 4 gallons of Jacks full strength phed to 5.8. Fed 4 oz to each seedling getting runoff, roots are easily visible in the clear cups.

I have given a full gallon to each plant in flower, getting some runoff. I turned off my bloomplus 2500 light in the center of the tent leaving the 2 hlg 260xl rspecs on full for 510 watts now. There are some leaves on the Black Jack clones turned brittle, and some sugar leaves turned yellow and dead or dyeing. At 8 weeks in flower I am tempted to just say itā€™s the plant just finishing. Some places are foxtailing a bit. Here are 2 pictures of the same part of the tent in different lighting.

There is a spot almost in the center of the top pic you can see the last 3/4 inch of the leaf has discolored and is dyeing. All of the leaves on those seem to be fading in color to me. I am tempted to mix up another 4 gallons of Jacks tonight and flushing all 4 girls with it. I think I am 2 weeks away from the chop.

3 Likes

I personally see no discoloration other than a couple of minor spots. My method is continue feeding until a week before harvest. Many flush longer, donā€™t they?

1 Like

Itā€™s funny that I couldnā€™t get the light right to see. It is like a break right across the leaf, and it is like purple and yellow. I am going to continue feeding, but I have been spreading it out a quart at a time for frequent fertigation. I might just give each plant a half gallon or gallon at once each evening instead for the rest of the grow. I am starting to think I should have just reduced my Jacks mix to an actual 3/2/1 gram per gallon for these plants. It feels to me like they are getting too much of something as they seem to be almost getting crispier. I fed the part B calcium nitrate at 2.0 grams per gallon for 6 weeks of flower and they seemed to lacking calcium-so I raised it back to 2.4 GPG. Maybe I should have split the difference, more experience needed to just know this stuff. I havenā€™t gone back and reread this journal, but have written down as much as I can think of hoping to teach myself some stuff. At least I think I have trimming reinforcements showing up in a couple/few weeks!

1 Like

I have not gone Jackā€™s yet, but said I was once. Anyway, this is one newbie to another, soā€¦
Are you paying attention to the ratio of Ca to Mg? Should be 2 or 3 to 1, I believe. Donā€™t know if that matters a lot. I suggest that because you increased calcium nitrate with part B. Does it also have the Mg in the appropriate ratio? The nutes I am currently using have both in the proper ratio, just not enough for RO or sometimes very soft water. Something to check if you havenā€™t already.
Great to have trim help. Looks like you will need it!

1 Like

Well when I increased it to 2.4 that was a return to the recommended amounts. That is 3.6/2.4/1.2-which is a 3/2/1 ratio. For every 1 part of Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate), 2 parts of part B (calcium nitrate), 3 parts of part A. The ā€œAā€ seems to have everything else needed in it. So as far as I know the part B supplies almost all of the nitrogen and calcium needed. The mother of these clones showed the same signs much earlier in flower and actually seemed to stunt itā€™s flower production to tiny little buds. I will look at it like a college education, it will take some time to learn enough.

1 Like

Sounds like all the ratios go along with what I thought as long as you stick with the 2:1 part b to epsom salts. What are you using for water? No need to supplement with CalMag with Jackā€™s in coco?
I dealt with what I determined to be an iron deficiency earlier in this grow. Online a third party stated the nutes I run do not contain iron, so I used Botanicare CalMag+ daily and the symptoms went away. Botanicare believes Fe, Ca, and Mg are required together in a specific ratio.
I inquired with the manufacturer of my nutes and they said iron is in their products, but I do not see it. I asked which one and I have not received a response.
Figuring this stuff out isnā€™t easy for me!

1 Like

I am using well water from a 7 year old well 225 feet deep. The PH is 6.9 out of the faucet and about 100 ppm on the TDS. I noticed other growers on this site adjusting ratios to 4/2/1 during flower. The calcium comes from the part b and the mag from the epsom salts. I probably just adjusted things too much at once, or it could be the used coco in this grow. Some strains are supposed to be more delicate than others and this was a strain from a bag seed. I assumed the first round had a bit too much nitrogen and it could have been too much something else.

1 Like