Seeds in Rockwool

And yet this morning I woke up and looked up all the stock of copper wire in a 25 mile radius. Unless I wanted 100 feet (I don’t), no one has any red OR black 12 OR 14 gauge solid core to speak of. So I went ahead and used my white, knowing I’ll regret it later (although I cut the existing black in half and used it to connect the board and the actual power supply so I’ll be able to infer what the line is supposed to be by removing the intermediary white wire and wago connectors. :grimacing:

I’ve maybe got enough red and white left to relocate my KingBrite driver too, but I didn’t embark on that journey yet as that involves removing the light from the tent. That can wait til lights out.

1 Like

The 4x4:

Lemon Tree is filling out!

In the 4x3, the White OGs are both lookin crispy. The White Lavender may be similarly situated and GDPxGumberry still can’t figure out life. We’ll see.

LT Jr. is still looking suspiciously male to me, but it hasn’t shown me ANY signs of sex yet so I’m just being biased.

Oh, and of my LT clones, two of them are trying to become root bound so I may need to hit up the hydro store and get some small fabric pots (I’m thinking 3 gal?) and start vegging them out. My brother had a baby last night (welcome to the world!) so I’m not sure he’ll be up to taking care of the clone I cut for him any time soon. Eep. More lemon Tree for me I think.

3 Likes

@Graysin Wow amazing set up you got a lot going on I’m trying to read as much as I can learn something but I can’t keep up with you. Them girls are lookn great! Didn’t you say your new? I want a set up like the last pic :point_up_2:

1 Like

Brand new to growing, no idea what I’m doing :rofl: I started into this in July and sorta went full throttle into learning everything I can.

The last pic is my 4x3 AC Infinity tent. It’s supposed to have a dividing wall where the 2 shelves are so it can be a perpetual 2-chamber veg area. The larger chunk is 3x3 which is plenty to veg a few plants. I learned from my 4x4 to put everything humanly possible OUTSIDE the tent, so my exhaust fan is outside this tent (but inside my 4x4 because the power cord isn’t long enough to get it out).

I plan to use the 4x3 for vegging and my 4x4 for flowering, so not having the divider is no big deal. If I need to flower to rounds at the same time I may change tunes, but this forces me to keep myself in check. AC Infinity was super chill though and has a divider on order, it’ll be with me some time late this month.

My one gripe about the 4x3 is only 2 buckets are interconnected with PVC, and they aren’t recirculating just yet (I need another power strip to get the water pump plugged in). But it’s going to mean I need to get another chiller and thermostat put into place, and I’ve got to pick a bucket to be the “pump” site - I won’t have room for a second dedicated reservoir like I did for the 4x4.

1 Like

Haha yeah I’m afraid I think too fast to keep up with myself sometimes.

The moral of my trials and tribulations is - get a water chiller (build your own, Id be happy to share all the parts I got and what I actually recommend to do it right instead of the way I did it), do everything under the sun to prevent light leaks, don’t use hydrogen peroxide on root rot (I’m sure there are exceptions to this but it didn’t ever actually help me), don’t change reservoir water unless it starts smelling weird, just too off and check the nute levels/PH levels. Tent temp doesn’t matter and neither does RH (okay that’s a generalization but my ladies have been pretty okay anywhere from 68° to 90° and RH between 30% and 70%)

Use Captain Jack’s dead bug for all things pest related and otherwise put down the spray bottle. Lol.

It’s definitely an impressive set up hopefully I’ll be able to get a better one like yours after a few harvest all yours is looking good​:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Nah, check out @nodurxshn @Jaydawg6528 @HappyHydroGrower @Hellraiser or countless others for some truly impressive set ups. I’ve got what I started with and some bad improvising to make it work. I’m hoping to get a few grows done this way and be able to use all the dispensary savings to set up an RDWC with 2 totes in the tent (4 plants) and one tote outside the tent as the dedicated reservoir. I’d like to make it identical in the 4x3 and the 4x4, but the 4x3 is going to have to have a 5gal bucket for the “reservoir” where the chilling, nute adding, and level checking happens. I would do it now but I spent so much time and energy making the 5gal system function decently :rofl:

I aspire to be Hellraiser, @Nicky and @peachfuzz one day. (One for the general mastery, one for the auto mastery and one for the hydroponic mastery) Haha.

5 Likes

Lol thanks man, your getting there. Don’t rush it or it will just cost you more money then it should lol

3 Likes

Haha truer words were never spoken. I STILL haven’t pulled the trigger on an actual veg light for my 4x3, too afraid to pick the wrong one

Tents you really can’t go wrong to be honest, they are all meh, get a roll of aluminum tape and fix the light leaks.
I like 2 in 1 tents so I get that 1 foot space in the side

However I hear the AC infinity tents are bomb

Wrong pic one sec

3 Likes

Yeah my AC is pretty good. Still obvious light leaks at the zipper but meh.

I just can’t decide between a ChilLED tech, KingBrite or recycling my HLG BSpec for the 3x3 portion of the AC tent.

1 Like

I would go for the chillLED or HLG. Kingbrite is not the same quality as the other two.

3 Likes

LST on Lemon Tree Jr rapidly became very high stress :sweat_smile: I forgot I’ve been supplementing with silica after the floppy mess that OGesus became. I also realized I’d regret not training LT jr. If she turns out to be female. So I bent one, baby snapped a second, and essentially snapped a third right in half. Very done for the evening.

I’m thinking sex is starting to show snd my brain just sees male but someone tell me
I’m wrong

Gelato is doing good I think. I can’t honestly tell anymore.

And Lemon Tree can’t be persuaded to do anything but vibe hard. When should I be accepting lower growth as crappy bud and lollipop it? I have no clue.

W

2 Likes

Fair, but the ChilLED is pricy for a veg light. I could move my KingBrite into my veg tent and upgrade the space into a chilled for a 4x2 area (since I’ve got a 260xl and a 240w kingbrite sharing my 4x4) … decisions :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Ide go with the kingbrite because you’ll never notice a difference and there is no proof it’s of lower quality lol

I mean are you happy with your kingbrites?

2 Likes

I have no real comparison yet, so far Gelato is stacking up substantially better than I expected it to - and it’s sitting directly under the Kingbrite. But simultaneously, my Lemon Tree has been under the HLG her whole life and couldn’t be happier. Lemon Tree Jr catches light from both and is a behemoth. Long story short, I love them both. Only lights I have that I don’t love are the Vivosuns, and honestly those are turning out to be perfect for vegging clones and growing out seeds, so even there I’m not mad. I tried to do enough homework to not end up with blurple sadness and think I narrowly dodged that bullet with the VS lights.

I would happily buy both bigger brands all over again.

3 Likes

Exactly…

2 Likes

when it comes to tents i love vivosun tents and i despise mars hydro tents just total trash experience 2 different times very cheaply made and no clue why they dont put vent holes on the bottoms of their tents i hated having to run all my cords from top to bottom. AC infinity tents are decent and offer something not found with other tents and that is the fancy front mounting plate, still one of the biggest issues is the inner ribbons on the zippers they get chewed up and has cause zippers to split so not a huge fan of that. my opinions are based off of zipper quality, light leaks and survivability.

1 Like

Lemon Tree Jr. - showing me… pistils… ?

Or showing me … balls…?

Or showing me growth and I’m just over anxious! :rofl:

1 Like

I can’t honestly tell yet about the water chiller. Temps in the reservoir are 71.10° but I had added a frozen jug of water to the res when in swapped out the chillers in the event that it didn’t work. I’m stuck at work all day so I won’t be able to make adjustments til this evening, and frankly I’m not even sure what I’d do except try to pry apart the heat sink/pelt block that is holding my second 12715 module hostage. I’m running a 12715 and a 12706 side by side right now and think the 12706 is producing more heat than cooling power.

No idea. I’ve had an incredibly aggravating day in my personal life so I’m trying to focus on something positive. Hard when I’m thinking my second photoperiod is male, the chiller still isn’t keeping my res temps down, etc etc etc.