Seeds in Rockwool

Good god, Lemon Tree won’t stop growing. I’m going to be ditching the standard HLG wire hangers in favor of some zip ties soon.

2 Likes

Home again and feeding Lemon Tree. I tried to dial back the nutes this time to 1300 in, my PH was a little wonky cuz I gave her a half gal at 6.2 and a subsequent gallon at 6.8. I figure that balances out to around 6.5.

I can’t see my shampoo anymore.

My 4x4 is getting HOT. it’s 88° in there and that’s with the bottom of the tent left open all day for better airflow. Going to need to swap that table for a bigger fan (or two)

Also the chiller seems to help, then stop helping. I’m guessing I’ll need to set it up on intervals - I’ll try 30 min on, 30 off for the heat to dissipate between cycles. Maybe that will help combat the water temp rising at least.

3 Likes

I’m wondering how much shampoo goes in when the soil when you use the shower. :joy:

2 Likes

None I hope! But at least if it does, I know she’s nice and clean :rofl:

2 Likes

Love you buddy but there is no proof to that statement =p

Until someone runs an appogge meter side by side a hlg and a kingbrite I’ll keep buying kingbrites lol

Top bin diodes😉

4 Likes

We can agree to disagree I’m cool with that. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

A relationship is not defines by how things go when you agree but when you disagree.

That is what my relationship psychologist tells me and the wifey, and he’s got a PhD sooo :joy:

3 Likes

If you want to trust the PHD guy you can. I don’t trust anyone. But that’s me. :joy:

1 Like

@Nicky we just unearthed why KingBrite will never be as good :rofl:

In all fairness I did do a crappy side-by-side with an iPhone light meter. I say crappy because I didn’t bother using anything more sophisticated than a sheet of paper as a light diffuser. I also didn’t convert the lux to anything truly helpful. That said, the readings between the HLG and Kingbrite seemed to have the disparity I would have expected for a 240w vs a 260w both cranked way up (something like a 10% difference in output). I can’t do as reasonable of a side by side anymore since my HLG is rigged up to be a 320w now.

2 Likes

Lol on the trust thing.

It will would have to be a exact same Wattage light with all straight 3500k, no reds, uv etc.
Because kingbrite and hlg us different amount of reds and other chips. So it would have to be a an identical light with identical # of chips, identical type of chips and rhe identical drive.

So that test ain’t happening anytime soon since everyone buys lights with reds and maybe uv’s

1 Like

That’s interesting. I strongly considered just plain old full spectrum lights from KingBrite for my veg tent without the reds or the blues. But then I wasn’t sure what impact the reds/blues have on veg growth and if I’d really be shooting myself in the foot for a nice healthy plant. I can tell I still have a lot more reading to do about lighting.

I dunno where I read it but I saw something to the effect of straight UVB light is a good way to just torch a plant - so I’ve been staying away from concentrated UVA or UVBs - I’m already so good at killing plants I don’t need any help from my lights. I figure once I know more, I can buy supplemental UV light bars, especially for rigging up along side walls where my plants are currently getting 0-25% total light exposure.

So in veg 4k-6400k works great, no need for uv/ir/red/far red.

In flower however reds and uv have an important role to play in bud production.

1 Like

Thoughts on UVA vs UVB? I think most lights are UVA (?)

So it’s very early on in the uv light research into terpene and thc effect but the bit of info from light manufacturers I have heard is
Uva 405nm in flower.
Running UVB has been shown to have some negative effects in flower to my understanding.
spectrum

1 Like

Water is nearly up to 75° and no one is home to throw my frozen jug of water into the reservoir. :skull: I caved and bought a commercial chiller refurbed for a steep discount ($250) - won’t be here for a while but I can sleep easier knowing it’s on the way. Still gonna finish setting up the 4x3 for RDWC and use this chiller to chill that water so no parts go to waste. It’ll be perfect for a veg tent, it just can’t combat the 560 watts in the flower tent.

Anyway. Running home to throw ice in the reservoir before a meeting in 30min. Yikes.

1 Like

4x4 update:
Water temps currently at 70° - so the chiller is mitigating at least. Oh well, win some lose some.

Lemon Tree has beautiful buttons. I’ve been plucking fan leaves with no remorse and I think I’m gonna have a few decent colas as a result. Can I use the fans at this stage to get any THC or am I too early for edible purposes yet?

Lemon Tree Jr. may be showing me that she’s a girl. I’m still on the fence because the maybe pistils are so barely there - how does anyone grow regular seeds? I’m so anxious ALL THE TIME.

And Gelato, just … being Gelato.

Don’t worry, I have a macro lens on the way. But I’m pretty far from cloudy or amber if my bad phone zoom is any indicator. Plenty of white left on the pistils.

Roots are gross, largely stained but also probably still pretty jacked from res temps.

2 Likes

And 4x3 update:

I sprayed some Captain Jack’s yesterday and Neem oil today. Something was munching Blueberry Auto but not sure what. No obvious signs of thrips or mites but there’s something.

Alpujarreña Hydro edition is growing very slow, but that’s okay.

Alpujarreña soil edition is doing way better. I need to maybe turn down my light?

White OG Hydro edition is doing much better than her soil counterpart… who is… well.

Dead, no doubt.

And CBD 20:1, my replacement for the White OG cuz I saw this coming from a mile away.

She’s workin on it.

The girls in water have started showing me roots for real. Time to top off res water and start worrying. Haha.

No roots on Urkle yet.

The clones:

I still have NO IDEA what I’m doing but I might be making it look like I have a clue.

2 Likes

Update for the morning:

Lemon Tree Jr is definitely showing me lady parts. I’m stoked but still on high alert. I also am strongly considering swapping her with Gelato because she’s gotten so big she’s up against the corner of the tent. Not getting much light there. At least Gelato’s spot has 4/5 sides well-lit.

I did a brief and gentle defol on LT and LT Jr to get rid of massive fans (didn’t I do that yesterday too? Wth stop growing).

Not much to report on the 4x3. I dropped one of my Afghan Mix seeds from the Real Seed Co. to replace the toasted White OG. I’m pretty pumped about it. 100% indica no matter what it is - and honestly if it’s male I will be bagging it and letting it blow its load inside a trash bag to save. It’s a breed I know I want to keep.

Shot of the 4x4 from the cam:

2 Likes

The shampoo looked like Paul Mitchell #3 in an earlier picture? ( My niece is a swimming fanatic; spends more time in chlorinated water than she does out in the open air. Use the stuff religiously to keep the chlorine content down in her hair?).

1 Like

It’s Paul Mitchell Awapuhi :rofl: my wife swears by it, and unsurprisingly she’s also an avid swimmer! I never even thought about the chlorine but she’s blind and her hair ain’t green so that must help!

2 Likes