Seedling early stage -light feed / spiderfarmer sf-4000

Tell me what you think:

Spiderfarmer SF 4000 20% 30inches temp 71-75 RH-50/87% 4x4 tent.
10 gallons Stirponics RDWC
(PA Hydroponics.com) PH-5.5

ph perfect series Sensi Grow A/B half dose ( 19.5ml per 10 gal)
one 19.5 ml from a and b

hydroguard 20ml

Advanced nutrients- when added automatically sets ph to 5.5

small fan not directly on babies.
390 cfm queit fan with charcoal canister inside tent.
window cracked fresh air once a day with this fan for 5 min fresh
outside c02.

Strains ~ 4Harlequin 1Guava

MY THOUGHTS (over water) (over nutrients)

1 Like

The remaining photos from original post .

THOUGHTS ? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! Outstanding brother. Don’t know much about the lights and nutes, but I do know hydro.

FYI, 2 plants will be plenty in a 4x4. 4 can get extremely crowded fast if you don’t stay on top of the training.

How are you gonna do water changes?

As seedlings, they don’t need nutes till they start loosing their cotyledon leaves. And, be mindful of water level after they establish roots, if you don’t already know. 1.5-2” below the netpot. You may want to get you something to cover up the netpot as wet hydroton exposed to light may grow algae.

If you need any help feel free to tag folks by putting the @ symbol in front of their name like @Long-bong

@Myfriendis410 @peachfuzz are hydro growers as well. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

EXAMPLES

3 Likes

I was expecting the crowded answer. Those are the two I need for my own stock/smoke I have some from a company but wasn’t cured right so i`m doing it right like I used to when I had the fire crops.

less time preferred as much at the same time still want it to grow into it right .

I Have a double pump in res. one for drip feed one for recirculate.

I will use the siphon pump electric which is much easier and the bottom may or may not hold a gallon or so left over if only used in res.

I do have covers ( shown ) green ones for the drip system and poly as well .

so i`m guessing I may need more water until i use the drip system.

@HappyHydroGrower @Myfriendis410 @peachfuzz

2 Likes

I would suggest your RR’s are a bit too deep in the hydroton and may give you some damping off issues FYI. Your topfeed should be discontinued as soon as roots reach the nutrient solution. Make sure you have plenty of air in your rez which helps to send solution up to the bottom of the net pot.

I use neoprene collars which eliminate the need for hydroton and provides a light-tight seal over net pots:

2 Likes

OK . wasn’t 100% on how the roots would grow around the hydro balls .I did wait and had 1 1/2 inches of pebbles waited for the pheno stretch before leaf stack then yesterday added the remaining pebbles and roots did come out the bottom . I DID FORGET TO MENTION

my system was made from the videos of the hydroponic store.

the hose on back two buckets shorter than supposed to be with slight curl causing split and blowout with huge leak

I reclaimed their own system they make with bulkheads instead of rubber grommets.
that new system with bigger hose fitting system
should be here by Monday latest . my job is to keep them healthy as possible until i put in new system and run the liquid .

can seeds be used for the cloning machine if so how do i just pull roots out and magically place one root at a time through different spots with clay pebbles?

why i chose plugs by root riot and allow for them to grow through the pebbles on their own.
i do have no water but i have very good ammount of max air on 4 outlet pump with 4 inch disks . and still do my air exchange once a day from outside air until they are big/flowering then run costanly for negative preasure / c02 uptake

2 Likes

Now I’m curious to the bumpy looking bottom areas of the lighter green parts

Now I’m very curious to this and if my light is too much or my ph/nutrients are much

@Myfriendis410

1 Like

Seedlings look okay to me: no nutrients until those first leaves (cotyledons) yellow. I would start with a low nutrient load like 250 ppm and ramp it up over a couple of weeks to around 900 ppm in veg. You will likely be able to boost that up to around 1,100 ppm or so in flower.

Leaving the rooters high in the net pot just helps to prevent over-saturating the stem and roots. This can lead to stem rot and a weakened plant.

2 Likes

Okay awesome at around 8900 Lux backed em to 6700 lux . Thanks !!!

It must have been too many nutrients thanks all love everyone hope all had a beautiful Christmas . @HappyHydroGrower @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Good job! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Update after stunted .

R/o. Hydroguard 20 ml — 15 gallon new system no leaks Ph vile says under 6

Blue lab connect monitor in mail

No food just water ppm 25

They love their master

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower @Myfriendis410

Loved the advice after listening to words from Ilgm and friends I got the results I was wanting and even more thanks for all the help guys !!

From yesterday til today no roots seen through the webs now one magically long as the bong

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower @Myfriendis410

Update 1/5/2021

75degree
47 r/h
36 inch distant light
20%

Stirponics by Pahydroponics

15 gallons no leaks. Temp feels less than 71 ish

White roots

Hydroguard 20ml

Ph is in picture shown ( thinking 5.8 )

3 happy and one kinda lighter in color and slower growth still .

In-line fan turned to lowest barly negative preasure

All similar in symptoms

Any thoughts ?

Lux from light 7k- 9k

1 Like

1 Like

@Long-bong

Look what the hubs and I got today soo excited

2 Likes

Make sure you keep the probes clean. I’ve heard good things about those. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Did you like the spider farmer 4000? Oh and by the way I’m so jealous time LOL JK. So how did the grow tent work? I really want to buy it but I don’t know anyone or anything about Grow tents. I made my grow tent in my living room closet lol… well I don’t want to be a bother