Sara27’s first grow... please follow and help!

@TRF Thanks!! I’m enjoying this far too much lol and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it more once I can finally smoke some home grown and not have to spend hundreds at the dispensary every week!!

4 Likes

@yoshi yea once I move I’m hoping to have more space to accommodate at least one tent but most likely two lol

3 Likes

@Sara27 i hear you on “always more to buy” lol. Had decided i was veering away from liquid(and chemical) nutes and going the compost tea brewing way and that system arrived today. About to set it up. I set a spending limit goal (keyword, GOAL, lol) of $500 when i started this venture. Up until this latest light purchase and the compost tea brewer i’d stayed under that even with buying seeds, lol. Goals are nice to have though…LOL :smiley:

4 Likes

@Sara27 you can always flower in the small space and veg in the large space.

1 Like

That’s impressive!!! I spend at least a grand on each tent setup I run…times 3 tents so far. I need to set major budget goals lol.

3 Likes

well, i’m POOR, so…there’s THAT :smiley: if i wanna eat, and have gas to GET to work, etc, i HAVE to budget :wink:

6 Likes

I hear ya, weed was getting too expensive to buy…so I figured use that money and invest in a good, long term setup. I was easily spending $900 a month on buying. This is so much better on cost and way more fun tbh.

7 Likes

@TheVirginian I’m poor too technically so I get it. I had to set a goal also or I easily could have spent thousands!

2 Likes

If you have a HLG light , are a CMH you rich !

1 Like

Having a budget isn’t always a bad thing , gives one an opportunity to be creative.

12 Likes

love it!!!

4 Likes

Now that’s discreet, nice :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

@Sara27 Wow! The babies look good, nice plants by the way. Your doing a awesome job, Remember just think of it as a hobby that way you make it fun. Yeah I know exactly what you’re running into I had with my first go with growing in a tent. what a difference that was from trees to 4/5 ft plants, had to scrog net them, and bend the hell out of them. You might want to think of another space like a closet like I had for veg or even may be a tent. Oh no, high temps that is no Bueno! I struggled like hail to keep my tent from getting bud rot with extreme temperatures. Oh and I made a mental note no more indoor growing in July out here. And yes I was successful because those five plants gave me over 2 pounds so that was cool. So whatever I did work for me I hope you have a game plan to combat in the heat because when they go into flowering it’s going to get crazy hot. Hope this helps you with your grow and good luck with your grow and happy growing

3 Likes

@TheVirginian, the compost teas huh, I hear it works if it’s done right. Don’t know anything about it, never tried it, guess the hippies didn’t want me to know that I guess. Let me know how it works for you. I hear it does wonders for the inside grow. Good luck man with your grow, and happy growing.

3 Likes

@Sara27, Yes once you get your first grow under your belt then by all means you won’t ever have to go to the store unless you’re like me and you just want to try some new sauce, or wax, or to see what new strains they have.

2 Likes

@OldSkool you should try this stuff for teas. It’s called Recharge and can fix nutrient lock out. It’s kelp, molasses, and other things and my girls absolutely love it and respond really well the following day after I feed it to them.

You just use a half a teaspoon per gallon of water and your girls are off to the races! I was really surprised at how well they responded after the first time I gave it to them. I always hear growers talking about making teas and so on and so forth so I got some thing that was easy for me and less of a pain to mix together without knowing correct ratios and what not of things to add into the teas.

5 Likes

@TRF i use recharge like no other, that’s how I get my trees to grow over 6 ft tall, I pretty much have it down to a science since I flip my nutrients every week within 30/45 days I can have a 5 foot tall plant in soil, that’s been a consistent thing for about few years now. I don’t know what blaze 21 is. So I had no idea I was so close to making a teas with everything that I use, maybe I’ll look into the tea thing again. Hey TRF, if you can give me some insight do the ingredients for the tea then I’ll give it a shot since I already have most of the stuff

3 Likes

@OldSkool hey man I know ya didn’t tag me but if you’re interested in teas…these guys have it locked in pretty well

@Deez
@anon86641082
@Cannabian

5 Likes

@grizZz my bad, I didn’t know, But yeah I’m definitely gonna look into the teas since I’m so close. Ty for the info. So what is your formula for the tea do you have one? Any help on this matter would be great thank you

2 Likes

Look into a plant called Comfrey…I haven’t utilized this yet but will in the future…to be more specific I’m going to use the russian black root :wink: but there’s many different ways to make teas….the guys I tagged will be able to overload you with info :rofl:

4 Likes