Sara27’s first grow... please follow and help!

@Sara27, yeah if I were you I’d wait to three weeks or so. I, also a good rule of thumb is wait til the third row of seven leafs before flipping to flower if you want to flip early, like I did with Runtz! For those little 3 1/2 foot plants, two of them they produce a little more than a quarter pound and remember their intention was only for wax. The last want to go in the tent, first 1 to come out. Hope that helps you with your grow, happy growing!

2 Likes

@Happilyretired has a press. he could tell you.

2 Likes

@OldSkool Thank you very much for the info! I’m definitely going to look into the double pump feeder as I’ve been invited away a few more times this summer and would like to go if possible. I was thinking of switching to flower sooner than later but I’ve been thinking and will try to go at least another 3 weeks before switch. I know it’s a learning experience this first go but I would still like to benefit from it :crossed_fingers::joy: I’m also hoping to make myself wax when this grow is complete(well if we make it to the end!)

5 Likes

@pptrsha1 Thank you!

2 Likes

I kinda jumped in here as well, hope you don’t mind. I used Fox Farms everything the first grow and then went to Canna nutrients. Holy cow they are expensive. I have it dialed in now and use Coast of Maine soil and Jack’s nutrients. With most nutrients, you will need silica and Calmag. Other than that, looks like you’re all set.

3 Likes

@Sara27 did you decide on what you’re going to do with your problem babe?

1 Like

@rookiegrower Thanks for checking in! For every water and feed I add silica and cal mag to my ro water.

1 Like

@TRF Yea I stuck her outside on my deck and my sister is going to be taking her back to Vermont next week when she visits as she has tons of space outside and plenty of sun.

2 Likes

Girls are looking good! The problem plant had to get evicted as there just wasn’t enough room for her. She’s now outside and will be going to a good home next week. The other plants are looking good. The oldest plant with the smaller leaves has slowed down a lot in growth so I’m a little concerned but we’ll see. Just been watering with ro water, cal mag and silica for a few more weeks before flip as I transplanted last week and there should be enough nutes in the happy frog soil. The twins are the smallest but I guess that should be expected as they’re sharing the same pot. That was just an experiment to see how it went. I was going to cull the smaller of the two but decided to just roll with it. I introduced a lavender plant as well as basil and lemon balm as I’ve read they can help control any pest problems. I’ve read a lot about companion plants so I figured I’d give it a try. My humidity has become an issue as the plants grow. I ordered a dehumidifier which should be here Thursday. Currently the humidity is at 80% even with the air conditioner running so I wanted to bring that down before flowering so I don’t have to worry about bud rot. Any tips, ideas or advice would be much appreciated! Thanks a lot everyone!

10 Likes

You can get a Damprid bag to hang in there that will help pull the water out of the air giving you a drier air quality. Btw

2 Likes

Never knew that! Thanks! I’m gonna look into it. Appreciate ya

1 Like

I feel your pain with conditioning. I have a portable ac piped into my closet but run it on dehumidify and it cools and keeps my humidity down. Don’t know if that’ll work for you, if I remember you’re pulling in Air cooled in your house? The dehumidifier you’ve got coming will help :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I knew that would come into play being it’s to many plants in such a small square footage , unless you know the growth of the amount of plants going into that space.

1 Like

In flower plants are like women for real , they become very hormonal, and selfish even some of than fans leaves on the same plants just come out in bloom , just disrespectful taking all the good light from the lower buds you wanting to stack up into the top ones , but that blooming foliage be on another level with the disrespect I’m serious , but you’ll see how one plant will purposely out grow tge others for more light , it’s like a contest if you pay close attention to details, happy growing ; it’s gone get extremely crowded with huge buds she will find all tuck around the stalks , it’s makes trimming grueling on the hands :raised_hand:!

6 Likes

@OGIncognito I’m a big dummy with any sort of hvac anything but im sure if I watch some YouTube videos I can figure something out but with the ac and the dehumidifier on low the humidity is right around 50% so that’s much better. This is just so stressful!

2 Likes

@yoshi yea this is very stressful! I don’t think I was this worried with babies in the house, at least that came naturally! It’s my first run so I really had no idea what to expect but I’m learning slowly. Hopefully by next grow I’ll have it all a little more figured out!!

6 Likes

@Sara27 I believe in you , you smart & creative , you can figure this out on how to shuffle them so you can flower however many in that space and keep the others vegging until they get they turn to flower . Another closet for veg and one for flower is perfect :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!

3 Likes

You’re doing great babe! Keep up the great growing!

1 Like

We’ve all been there with the stress of starting out. Trying to get your head around so damn much, and there’s always more to learn (and usually another thing to buy lol) but you’re doing so well. Don’t forget to enjoy your hobby :blue_heart:

7 Likes

@anon33684698 Thank you! Oh I’ve definitely realized there’s always more to buy lol it’s addicting but I’m definitely enjoying myself!

4 Likes