Sara27’s first grow... please follow and help!

by the middle of the next day after watering with them, EVERY stalk on every plant outside had jumped 3-6inches!! they’d grown another 3" or so I noticed yesterday when pruning some bottom yellowish leaves, and i haven’t been out since this morning but didn’t NOTICE any real noticeable growth since yesterday yet. We’re 5 days now, into it since so in a couple more days provided we don’t get saturated with rain, they’ll get it again :slight_smile:

There WAS noticeable growth on my inside gals afterwards also. The Olsen twins are just out of control and Zoey Zkittlez got her first LST this morning but either i’m one of the lucky ones having issues uploading pics to the site or my internet is total shiite today :smiley:

5 Likes

So far i just used the recipes on the site i got the tea bubbler from (it was a racket, you can build this for half the price but with the included tea kits/ingredients it equaled out to about what i paid for it when you price them separate). It has what they call “life cube” which is compost/worm castings/forest peat, and then fish hydrolysate powder, insect frass (poop), humic acid/kelp (their ratio was 5:2 respectively) and it was added AFTER the 48hrs brewing (bubbling). Bubbling that for minimum of 24hrs and up to 48hrs invigorates the microorganisms and life in the soils mixture and they feed off the other stuff added and then the plant feeds off those things in the soil. Just the natural way God intended for soil to be amended/healthy without salts/chemicals the way man decided was better. I was having trouble with mixture rates with flora series of GH even 1/4’ing their suggested dosages so i just went the organic way where it’s evidently harder to mess it up than i thought :smiley:

2 Likes

It came already bubbled? All you had to do was apply?

1 Like

no, i bought the bubbler kit, bucket, commercial air pump and tubing, “bubble snake” that bubbles in the bucket, the “so and so” (i forget, lol) micron mesh “tea bag” you hang on the ring of the bubble snake IN the bucket of water and it bubbles it to “brew it” for 48hrs. came with the tea ingredients from TeaLabs Inc usa but i mainly wanted the bubbler kit. now, i know from their ingredients and recipes what i need to use to brew in that reusable mesh tea bag, and have already priced/sourced it cheaper elsewhere for when theirs runs out. you can also get the tea bags on amazon i’ve seen

you can buy JUST their bubble snakes though, and i MAY get a large one for 30gal can. i diluted all of that 5gal i brewed into that 32gal can i have outside and i now better know the ratios to BREW in that can and just water from it instead of mixing/brewing/diluting :wink:

2 Likes

Do you mind if I tag someone that I know is looking for information like this?….

Nvm they’re right up there :rofl::arrow_up:

Also thx for this…good info right here!

3 Likes

@TheVirginian, damn, I guess these new meds are jacking with me, forgive me if I sound stupid so you bought a bubble bucket with some products in it some tea and other stuff I am so lost. You said it cost an arm and a leg my bubble bucket didn’t cost that much it was like 75 bucks. But I didn’t get no teaser no worm castings are whatever else you mentioned. Hey Virginian, a couple of the growers here were telling me about making these teas compost teas. @grizZz. I can’t remember if you mentioned your name or not man these meds are whacked. I’d rather have my hash my brownies on my budz you can keep this morphine shit. I can’t think I can’t function. So I’m hoping you’ve got some insight on the compost teas, Throw a list at me and show me what I need to buy what I need to get what I need to make to go with it

1 Like

@OldSkool Hey buddy! Making teas is very easy…the “way” is as straight forward as if you were making tea for yourself…only for your plants….

You can get some oversized teabags…you can fill them with an array of amendments (dry preferably so when you mix and boil them they activate and really get potent for your plants)….then you can steep/boil it all…cool it…check the ph (this is important with teas)….and apply….

Basically knowing the ratios of NpK is where you’re gonna want to be in this strategy….if you’ve already got dry amendments that’s cool too dress em and you’re set…

Teas can be very simple or extremely elaborate this is the overwhelming part when it comes to information and getting a foothold….start small

Look into maybe only one ingredient for your tea for each stage in the plants life…veg, flower…

For flower a really good basic tea ratio could look like this:

3 banana peels:2-3gallons of water….let sit for 2-3weeks….apply liquid to plants as feed weekly

Another good one involves brewers yeast

Teas are gentle yet strong….don’t be overwhelmed brother I know that morphine is horrible we will get ya straightened out

Side note: teas DO NOT have to be elaborate this is one of the oldest and most practical/effective means of farming…also you can hit the magnifying glass icon at the top :arrow_up: and simply search “tea recipes”

2 Likes

I didn’t say it cost an arm and a leg, lol. I said you can probably make it for half the cost they sell the kit for. The kit, was $115.00, the shipping, was $25, lol. It didn’t weigh ANYthing so i’m assuming their ingredients included down inside the bucket for the tea are maybe considered “hazmat” otherwise i have NO idea why i was charged that much to ship a lightweight bucket with pump/tubing/ingredients/bubble snake in it that MAYBE weight 8lbs total. I’m not sure what grizz is talking about with “boiling” it. I haven’t run into that on ANY of the plethora of vids i watched on it before pulling the trigger. I’m sure there’s lots of methods /recipes. I followed the TeaLabs Inc (made in USA) ingredients list/measurements. My ladies responded VERY well to it. They get 2nd dose tomorrow after a week since 1st :wink:

3 Likes

Boiling your ingredients is a safety precaution….unless you know AND trust the ingredients you’re using and where they came from…organically speaking…it just seems safer….there’s plenty of ways to make teas that are sufficient…and everyone does it differently…not running into something in a video is like me saying “well I haven’t ever seen that so it’s probably pointless”….I’ve seen a lot of videos too…I’ve seen so many videos about harvest from big wigs on YouTube that don’t even wash their bud….let’s not go there :sunglasses::v:t2:

1 Like

Not sure the feeling to need to explain. I simply said i’ve never seen/heard of it. Doesn’t mean it’s right , doesn’t mean it’s wrong. DEFINITELY never said it was pointless, what i said was

don’t read too much into what isn’t even there @grizZz

3 Likes

Compost Tea Recipes by TeaLAB That is their recipes and you can see from what they call for in them, what you would want to be sourcing. Their “life cube” is what i described above and you can MAKE that. I’ve already sourced insect frass, fish hydrolysate and hmmmm, something else that was on the list for a much better price and quantity. FROM that site though, you can look at their kits, the parts individually and get a pretty good idea that buying a pump, tubing and the bubble snake for the size container you;'d like to brew in would get you up and going QUICK and a lot cheaper :wink:

4 Likes

No offense was taken or meant…simply explaining cause oldskool is looking for info on teas and this is how I’ve been doing things…just a simple explanation on the limitless ways to do stuff…no worries homie :sunglasses::v:t2:

3 Likes

I got a twin Super Silver Haze ILGM seed growing now.
I did not try to separate them and risk killing both.
Mine are photos so I have time and am training my twins to go to the edge of my pot and make 1/2 a lap around the pot before I plan on letting them go up. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@grizZz, OK so this isn’t something I can just pour on the plants this is something I’ve got to make and let it sit for a while and then check the pH OK now I’m understanding what’s going on yeah plus I just woke up from another morphine nap so it’s just garbage. So the only dry elements that I add is the recharge for the 6” pots everything else is liquid. Kelp, grow, fish&seaweed, micro, and bloom. I use age old nutes

4 Likes

@grizZz , sry if I sound redundant are you talking about Black tea, herbal tea, is there a page on here that assist with getting the teas ingredients. I remember @TheVirginian saying he bought the system or something so hopefully somebody can shed some light if it cost a few hundred bucks man I’m so down. Hey growers any help in this would be greatly appreciated. @anon86641082 @Deez @dbrn32 I hope you guys growing is going good. Over here so far so good. Just watchin flowers!

2 Likes

Compost tea. You can buy mixtures that are able to be dissolved in water if that’s what you’re looking for. An example would be roots organic terp tea, but there are many others. If you want to be more involved you can certainly put your own together. But you would want to research recipes and methods that fit your needs first. Some people use very simple methods and ingredients and others have some pretty fancy machines to brew and use a lot of ingredients.

5 Likes

@TheVirginian, hey ty for sending me the recipe for the tea. I’m having issues getting around since last time I was on here. My son, and care provider have taken over my growing, water and feed, since I’ve been not able to get around.

Hope everyone grows a bunch! Happy growing

7 Likes

Thanx for the tag. I feel that yeas are the way to go. Once you are done brewing, 24-48hrs, dont worrie about adjusting the ph. There are soo soo many way and things you could add to a tea. The link below nails it pretty well.
If you have any questions I would be more than happy to help.
We like to brew a tea one per week. 50 gallkms for 10 plants. I like to feed them in the evnings followed by a little watering in the morning.
Happy growing…

4 Likes

I decided to switch the lights two days ago to 12/12 to start flowering. I’ve been feeding at about half strength every other watering. On the just water days I’ve been giving them some recharge along with the cal mag and silica. I’ve given them a few big defoliations and by the next day you can’t even tell. @TRF I picked up some of those damprid bags to hang so that’s been helping with humidity along with the fans and the dehumidifier. I’ve been slacking on the posts lately as my life’s been a little hectic but I’m going to try to do better.

10 Likes

They look AWESOME Sara :slight_smile: :heart: I put two of my inside girls to flower last week also (but still weening down lighting , current at 13/11 and transitioning to 12/12 by tomorrow night fully) and they’re really showing beautiful signs of the beginnings. Some of my OUTside ladies, have begun the transitioning on their own!!! :open_mouth: was surprised to find the backyard gals, i guess it would be 2/3 of them, are doing it. going to post some pics in my journal later :wink: You’re doing wonderful so far though Sara, hold that head high girl, you deserve to :slight_smile:

3 Likes