Round 3 GO GO GO!

Oh no! Thats the worst. A sneeze has taken me out more times than I care to imagine. But my all time favorite, I carry 5gal buckets of roof coating up an ext ladder, over my shoulder, about 20 times, then throw my back out, picking up my clients pen, as she was writing the check. Lytton comes to mind…

4 Likes

images

So sorry to hear that happened buddy! :purple_heart: I hope it behaves soon!

1 Like

Thanks @anon33684698 this sucks so bad. Now I gotta drive a total of 3 hrs to pick up a birthday cake for my son tomorrow. One of my jack frost isn’t doing too good so I dropped one of my extra devil XXL auto seeds to accompany my other three photo seeds in the backyard. Next summer I now know to start my seeds a few more weeks sooner prior to planned outside transplanting.

2 Likes

With all the crazy late season frost alerts we had been getting in Buffalo you would have been screwed up here if you’d done that unless you’re talking about starting them off indoors

I’m guessing you are not living in a snow belt though

1 Like

No no I’m talking starting them indoors a few weeks earlier. This weekend is the first weekend with decent weather. I’m just on the north side of the pond from u in ontario

Ohh well that make sense. So you’re relatively close to me :grinning:

1 Like

Just a hop skip and a hump with a bit of a swim away hahaha

1 Like

I think its really cool to see how close we all are to each other! I have found more than a few desert growers, since I jumped into this forum. Its nice to be able to bounce ideas off of each other, in how to deal with our regional climate and soils. I love this forum!

1 Like

4 Likes

Can u get ur hands on canna coco bricks from off amazon or from a local store by u. Canna coco bricks need a bit more watering as coco cannot dry like soil but the results are remarkable the smell is so much better without dirt smell. Plants grow nicer faster and healthier in my eyes. Just the waterong thing sux but the end results are worth it for sure. Ur in :canada: right. @kaptain3d might know of some good soils u can use for cannabis around there. I believe u were using mg soil right

3 Likes

Yes I am using MG. Once my new ventilation is done and my rearrangement of the room is done, then I’ll be able to focus on getting an auto pot system and make the flip from the dark side over to the light.

This sounds really interesting @Mark0427

I’d love to give it a go one grow, but feel like I’ve just gotten soil right lol. Is it worth the switch over?

If u have the means to make sure it stays wet right it is well worth it. Plants grow alot faster less issues. Here anyways lol nits super easy to flush if issues pop up and follow the flush with a good dose of nutes. Its great honestly. Smells better than soil to me cleaner smell. I go thru like 10 to 15 gallons in flower for 8 plants right now every day. Jacks is always in the mix sometimes just jacks.

1 Like

I’ll be ordering an auto pot system this summer. Will be making my switch then.

Oh wow that sounds like a lot of work?

Ok so here’s a question for @Nicky @Mark0427 @MeEasy and anyone whom uses coco. If someone doesn’t have the fundage to purchase an auto pot system but wants to switch to coco and already buckets for a hydro ponics system, could one simply put the coco in those buckets and go on as normal buckets without the pumps and stuff? Or does it need to drain/runoff? Possibly just use the water level tube on side to judge water level? Would I have to be constantly draining the whole bucket and refilling or just top ups? Any help is good

1 Like

I would thing that it is a water as needed basis not something to sit in water. U can surely hook up a timer and hose drio ring setup to jeep them wet always if needed but its not that bad really as long as u can water 1 good time a day til mid flower then kinda a bit nore twice a day to keep up its not too bad.

1 Like

Ok so I can still use the same buckets for the coco as I would with soil? With all the drainage holes? Just keep it wet? So for instance on a daily basis forr a 5 gal pails how much water would you expect to feed yours. Right now with soil I’m using currently 1 gal every 2-3 days but will increase to 2gal every 3-4days as they get bigger. Would that amount still be good in the coco?

1 Like

@Mark0427 is this what your talking about?

And this stuff is usable in the same pails i use for my soil?