Root Rott has started

I feel like maybe I have frustrated you. Not my intent. Sorry if I did.
The point of coco is its a hydroponic system without a reservoir.
As such it needs a Food and water mix everyday. Just like hydroponics are constantly feeding so does coco need constant food/water mix.
I cant post the link, but go to cocoforcannabis website and read some of the basics.
You have a great start, just need a tweak of the technique.

1 Like

yea obviously if I’m worried about root rot. Im frustrated, its just not your fault im thankful for the help. So I dont have to worry about overwatering in coco with a fabric pot?

2 Likes

Not at all. Get the bottom off the ground by using something that will give an air gap between the bottom fabric and floor or tray or whatever it sits in.
Fabric pots are great. If you want to transplant you just set it into a larger one and the roots grow right through. Here is one i did…

See how densely the roots fill in.

1 Like

Thats wild! can you recommend something else to specific mix? Im supposed to top dress 2 times, and add that kelp molasses mix in between… Anything to fill in the gaps? Do you know Dr earth?

Seen it. Which one are you using?

The Veg and bloom. Again im only supposed to top dress 2 times in the grow so what nutrients seems to be missing to you?

Looking I dont see a Veg&Bloom
I do see Bud and Bloom.
What is the N-P-K numbers…
In veg the first number needs to be the higher one.
Looks like you are lacking Nitrogen.

Sorry, bud and bloom 3-9-4and also Fertilizer mix. n 4 p6 k3

Bud and bloom is 3-9-4 so its higher in phosphorus and potassium than it is nitrogen. Probably why you see yellow.
If you stick with dr. earth then maybe the all purpose which is 4-4-4 and it will give you a balance with more nitrogen until it starts flowering then go back to the bud and bloom
If you ever want to try something easy and cheap Jacks 321 is very simple and with coco its amazing what it does. Not organic though.

2 Likes

Throw away your moisture meter, it’s not reliable. Pick up the pot. How’s it feel? Heavy? Light?

What brand of coco are you using?

1 Like

Royal gold Tupur . I watered it a quarter gallon today, gave it Liquid Seaweed and molasses.

ah right. I sort of recall tupur.

INGREDIENTS: 35-45% coco fiber, aged forest products, perlite, basalt.

I don’t interpret “aged forest products” as something I would normally expect or want in my coco for drainage.

2 Likes

This mix sounds a lot like the FF coco loco mix :love_you_gesture:

All i can say is that for the price I thought I was buying top of the line. Would you recommend the best coco for me? can I mix my leftover Coco with a different brand?

Guys Dr earth is supposed to last in the soil for 3-4weeks. this all started 1week after her 1st top feed. i havent been overwatering. Im still uncertain about whats going on? id like to correct my mistakes.

Here is what she looks like today, i can feed early today, ( dr earth bud and bloom) but how much into flower is ok for a 3rd and final feeding? since im changing the intended feeding schedule?
Does she look preflower/ late veg??

For pure coco? CannaCoco or FloraFlex. Those are the only brands I use anymore after some moments with other brands that left me disappointed to say the least.

I wouldn’t. The problem with the coco you have is it’s not true coco, so it behaves more like soil than unadulterated coco.

Caveat to that is if you plan to use dry amendments - worm castings, bat guano, and the like, then honestly it really doesn’t matter because those things also create “not really coco.” It makes it essentially a soil medium without the soil, so you have to treat it like soil and water it when dry rather than watering daily etc. That introduces complications because coconut fiber still has cation exchanges, and it will still want to be loaded with calcium daily - it just won’t be able to be due to the other product in the coco causing reduced drainage.

It’s just as described above. Coco wants to be watered daily. Coco blends don’t. It creates issues with nutrient uptake, which you can mitigate but won’t ever fully resolve. I think Dr. Earth is generally safe and fine for pure coco, it’s just when coco becomes something other than “just coco” or coco/perlite, that stuff becomes unnecessarily complicated.

For what it’s worth, she really doesn’t look to be in bad shape. She’s still chugging along quite nicely

2 Likes

What can i do today Grey, i have a few theories what i messed up but i can tell you this, she has a sister that is growing nicely in her pot. I think I didnt mix in the amendments into the soil properly the 1st time. What can I do now? give her a half feeding? and re-feed on the 29th on schedule?

1 Like

Do you have CalMag handy in a liquid form?

It might be worth dissolving a little bit of your veg and bloom nutes in some water - maybe 1/8 or 1/4 tsp of each and add that to the feed water, then water her til there’s just a little bit of runoff. You just want enough to get her through til the regularly scheduled feeding.

Honestly, I’m more worried about the calcium uptake of your problem lady. CalMag is my thought there.

2 Likes

No I only have Dr earth, worm castings, seaweed liquid, molasses.

So a regular Veg feeding is 5 spoons of veg and 5 of the Bloom. still want me to do 1/4 of each into the next 1/4 gallon i water her? Btw I fed her Seaweed and molasses yesterday.

1 Like