Root Rott has started

Looks great. Growing quick. Bottom leaves die off. Middle leaves do. Top leaves…etc. a couple always dieng is common. As long as new growth good and you do not see a fast die off or discolor of a large amount of leaves it is natural. Best advice i have is growing weed is WAY easier than some think. Perfect conditions are hard to achieve. Conditions better than God provides naturally is super easy to achieve. Over worry and quick reactions hurt more than help most situations. Takes longer to fix than break so any changes take a few days or more to show. Hence no crazy reactions and extra patience.

1 Like

she woke up really saggy today, i dialed in the vpd 74 deg/ 65 RH and that seemed to help a lil bit, photo is right now, today is actually day 27. I hope she starts getting thirsty soon its day 2 of no water in COCO. I have a soil moisture meter so I know exactly how the whole pot is doing. will give her kelp with the next drink ( after she’s dry) and skipping the molasses. Hope she bounces! Thanks for the insight .

Hey its been about 5 days since I’ve watered this plant, the coco is still moist/ somewhat dry… not sure where to go from here? keep temps 79-80deg / 65 RH. plant next to it is doing fine so the light seems ok, 300 watt Mars SP 3000. Im surprised she’s not drying out yet. I assume to not give it anything until it visibly looks better?

1 Like

You should feed daily to run off in coco. What is the run off PH and PPMs? :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

OG is right. I grow in coco and have been for a few years. You want to water it every day. Coco is unlike soil in that regard. Its more like hydroponic, well essentially it is. Coco is completely inert and after watering it drains off and fills with air which the roots love and need. .I have actually had to water twice a day on a couple grows. I know it goes against what everyone says about too much water, but trust me they will love it grow massively.
And coco needs a pH of 5.8

2 Likes

shouldn’t this plant bounce back before I water it? I have a moisture meter, and its still shows the coco moist … its not bone dry so im not worried about the good bacteria dyeing off.

1 Like

Coco should remain somewhat moist. That meter is ok for soil but not needed with coco. As @Spiney_norman mentioned coco drains really well and in its natural form is void of any nutrients, this is why it’s fed daily and to run off to keep a healthy root zone :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

:point_up_2: I think this is meant to be beneficial microbes and aids in collecting nutrients for storage and feeding the roots. It will bounce back with a feeding and I would suggest a liberal run off. Overwatering is related to soil and the frequency not the amount used. Soil and coco differ with frequency as in soil likes a wet to dry cycle and coco likes to be continuously damp :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

i just dont understand how the plant goes from overwatered to underwatered in one shot? shouldnt it visibly recover before I give it water? the soil has not gotten dry yet, i gave it worm castings 2 week ago, the soil hold water very well… I don’t understand how she doesn’t dry out since she grown so much already and should have large roots.

1 Like

this whole thing started 1 week after the last feeding.

Are you growing in coco or soil?

i meant coco , that was a typo

From Cocoforcannabis website…A good place for coco questions

Trust me…

2 Likes

I posted what happens on another thread when water is withheld from coco.

1 Like

i can give it a quarter gallon mixed with molasses and kelp extract right now. But do the photos look like mal nourishment or Overwatering?

Starving. Coco may be wet, but nutrition is probably gone.
Feed and water every day
And dont worry if the leaves droop for a couple days as the extra water will weight them down. In a couple days it will strengthen up and get back to growing.

1 Like

fine, ill do it now. quarter gallon of kelp and molasses mix. feed Dr earth again in a few days if they look like they go the distance.

1 Like

what should i add to the water in order to feed them everyday?

What nutrients are you using? Kelp and molasses aren’t going to supply the needed NPK, calcium and many other needed nutrients :love_you_gesture:

im feeding with Dr earth/ next Top dress should be at 1/29 - 3 weeks after 1st Top dress.