Root Rott has started

I have a very healthy plant that has shown the beginning signs of root rott, I think i know why. I should of removed the cloth on the Pete plugs before planting. One single leaf on the bottom has randomly had the common signs and died, few more are also starting to go the same way , they look overwatered yet 90 perfect of the plant is perfect. (its impossible to shoot with camera without help), on 1st glance though the plant looks great. Im going to dry it out and skip molasses/ seaweed today. wondering if I should give it a peroxide treatment before the next organic fert top feed?

few days ago, you can see the dead one on the bottom I previously mentioned starting to die.

1 Like

Need a lot more information. Is this hydro? DWC? RDWC? Ebb and flow? Or are you in soil/soilless? What nutrient line (everything you are using) etc.

Can’t help you without good data…

I am growing in Coco and its Dr earth Fertilizer

Temps? Light? How much light? How large a space? RH?

How about just filling this out?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

2 Likes

Think im just going to hit the roots with a 2:1 mix of 3% peroxide while its still early and see what happens.

That doesnt mean it has root rot older leaves die off anyways if you have root rot you would smell and rotting smell coming from ur pot i really think ur over thinking things here

2 Likes

it does smell, but i figured it was from the fertilizer i been using. Now im not really sure what is smelling, but the smell is there. i figured I should do something now while im in Veg still and its early.

I don’t see anything wrong with this plant :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

I’m not seeing any issues :blush::v:

1 Like

I’m with @OGIncognito I don’t see anything at all that warrants using peroxide on the root zone. I would absolutely not jump the gun and kill any beneficial microbes or the biome you have established in the root zone.

4 Likes

Smell ur fertilizer and then smell ur pot and if it smells the same then dont worry about doing anything to ur plant u just need to keep growing like you have been doing

1 Like

How about filling out the Support Ticket…

2 Likes

Agree with the comments above. Root rot causes catastrophic plant symptoms like the pic below.
A support ticket will help us help you. I grow in coco too. Leaves die off randomly all the time.
Dont be shy, we all want to help you succeed.

3 Likes

1 Like

Thanks they certainly don’t look like that. these photos are today and its day 29 of GSC auto.

Temps are 75
RH 55-60 with humidfier
using A Small fan on low pointed on the closet ceiling and walls/ small heater on a temp/RH controller.
22 hours on / 2 off

All I see are happy, well-taken care of plants.

1 Like

Agree that they look very happy. The tiny yellow tips of the leaves means you are feeding right on the edge of too much food. Its a good thing. Just watch those tips and if it starts to get more than you see now you should back off the nutes just a little. I sometimes will do a 1/2 strength feeding if I see to much tip burn and let the plant use up the excess.
Also , while I’m not a fan of massive defoliation, removing s few of those leaves that are touching the coco at the very bottom will keep them from getting wet and possibly rotting themselves. Also makes watering much easier to do without getting the liquid all over the leaves. Don’t go crazy, but just open up the very bottom so you can water without getting the plant wet. .

2 Likes

just the leaves? or snip back to the nodes?

Leaf and the leaf stem. Back to the main stalk.
Once clipped the remaining leaf stem will die and fall off. So you dont have to get super close.

1 Like