Remove fan or not

The heat comes right out the top like yours and i have it sitting directly under the exhaust and that’s on high… I’ll send pics later

No worries. This is what I’m trying to do – let the outgoing exhaust try to pull it out. But then, we’re defeating the purpose of the dehumidifier because it’s the hot air that comes out that is the dry air we need. ARGH.

I’m wondering if I put it in the adjacent room – from which I pull air would be best. It would dehumidify all the air in the source room, which would then be pulled into the grow room. HMMM.

1 Like

Do you think if i switched to a 96x48x72 from a 4x4 it would help with heat and humidity since I’ll have more space and the dehumidifier won’t be sitting in the middle of the plants

I grow in a humid basement as well. In my experience the only thing that works is a big dehumidifier. Mine is a 70 pint a day model, yes it puts out alot of heat!. My basement is approx 75 degrees with it running and 70 without. It is a waste imho to have it in the tent and found bigger and fixing lung room conditions works the best. This worked for me its not a guarantee it work for you but i do believe its the best way.

1 Like

What size is your grow tent

Here’s something I found: Easy Summer Cool portable AC …cool.
The AC dehumidifies and perhaps you can position it to be venting the heat through your exhaust fan?

Once the new tent comes I’ll try that

1 Like

Mine was a 4x4 with a 600w hps in it. But improving the lung room should fix all regardless of size of tent imo

Ran a two 50pint in my basement for over 2 weeks straight and it did nothing …honestly don’t want to buy another dehumidifier so I’ll try this tent out and if it doesn’t help giving the plants more space I’ll return it

Good luck i hope it works.

Me too or no growing in the summer for me

Turns out my hydrometer was bad

I hit 84-88 at times. Not always but it does rise. Big lights. I just letem go and no issues. Humidity is controlled by my location but if climbs a lot the fan is turned up amd dries it right out. Tent pulls in with negative flow but does not affect them. Just me. Sitting on 84 rigjt now.

Yes, mine are running at 79-86’F with no trouble. Humidity is the issue during flowering. Most strains do OK @40% but bud rot likes 55-60+%. Did I say how much I hate bud rot?

1 Like