Remove fan or not

If you need to reduce humidity and or heat, it’s more about air exchange via the exhaust fan and lower vents more internal airflow will only do so much.

2 Likes

Currently Exhaust fan running on high…i tried to seal the tent off from the high outside humidity but i get so much negative pressure it looks like the tent will break even with the Exhaust running on low

1 Like

Going to try and put the dehumidifier back inside tonight

I’d actually try opening the lower vents some with the exhaust fan on high and monitor the humidity inside the tent.

Currently doing that with a intake fan blowing in air right from a dehumidifier

1 Like

AC in the basement possible?

No…i think i need a bit smaller dehumidifier

$40 amz

I have the vivosun dehumidifier im going to try it again

1 Like

If this is helpful, I just watered and moved out some crowded plants they all look great. The Temp is 80 and RH 58% so I’m starting up the AC in that area and blowing a second fan in the tent as well as upping the exhaust fan. Perhaps overkill but I HATE bud rot!

1 Like

A dehumidifier puts out heat. Be careful of the heat putting one inside the tent. Basements are notoriously higher moisture areas. I’d try to get the RH down over all in that basement area. It takes a week or so to create an equilibrium in that case. Remember all the wood and such has moisture to contribute.

I have a small dehumidifier in my grow tent and it works great.

What’s your outside humidity And how big is your tent

It depends on what your temp/RH are, how your plants are doing, etc. Do I see two other fans? How big is your tent? I have to run a bigger fan, but I grow in a large room.

You need a dehumidifier.

I’m with you on airflow. I’d rather too much. I just make sure not all fans are pointed right onto the plants.
@6stringT They do put out a lot of heat. I’m trying to deal with that now.

1 Like

70-75 degrees 60-65%rh Added the big fan in and yes all fans are blowing across the top of the plants not directly on them and im using a 4x4 tent

1 Like

I’m considering switching to a 96x48x80 to fit my dehumidifier in with more space…im hoping it won’t heat up the tent as much

1 Like

Foind a dehumidifier that works perfectly… blowing all hot air up into the exhaust and rh is down to 50%

1 Like

Pic of dehumidifier and how you’re exhausting the heat. My unit pumps the heat out the top of a large grill. I have to come up with a plan to expel the heat. It’s killing me – in an already warm grow room.