Question on Making tincture

What is MCT sorry about the dumb question.

1 Like

Medium chain triglycerides derived from coconut. You want 100% mcts.

2 Likes

Ok thank you

1 Like

Whatā€™s MCT? Can food flavoring (lemon) be substituted for terpenes?
Thanks.

Whatā€™s Qwet dabs?

Food flavoring isnā€™t necessarily made with pure terps. Iā€™d say no for vaping.

Qwet dabs are a dabbable concentrate extracted with ethanol.

2 Likes

So use flavored terpenes for vape oil?

This vape oil stuff is 'way too complicated. :disappointed:

The terpenes are the flavor.

3 Likes

So then - is RSO used only to make edibles?

2 Likes

It can be made into edibles or put into pill capsules or even taken straight.

3 Likes

Thanksā€¦ so when this tincture is complete (VAPE OIL) does it need to be ā€˜storedā€™ in empty cartridges, or will a small container do until ready for use? Refrigerated or not?

1 Like

Another ? pleaseā€¦ is RSO oil what is used in vape cartridges? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just started making vape cartridges and I use Wax Liquidizer and wax i pressed. I used 1 gram of wax and then 2 ml of Liquidizer with it in the container they provided and mixed on low heat on the stove in a pot of water until all mixed together then fill your cartridge. Iā€™ve never smoked RSO, only add it to gummies.

3 Likes

Then what is the vape cartridge oil called? QWET? Iā€™ve printed several ā€˜recipesā€™ for these but unsure about what is called what.

1 Like

I just use wax I pressed myself. I get a gram of wax and mix it with Wax Liquidizer and warm on a pot of water on the stove until mixed and thinned enough for a cartridge thensuck it up in a syringe a d fill the cartridge.

1 Like

Itā€™s called vape oil LOL.
QWET - Quick Wash Ethanol - this is what you get when you use the Everclear to strip off the trichomes from the buds. You can concentrate it down as much as you like to make
a) tincture
b) very think tincture
c) wax (or dab)

VAPE OI:
Maybe this article will help better explain (blackthumbbetty says temps for flavor and for manipulating the effects) and MCTā€™s added to the QWEST concentrate.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you! I made some but was told the taste was terribleā€¦ but the effect was great. I canā€™t figure out what I did wrong? I evaporated it down in a double boiler (took several hours on LO) Do you have any idea of my mistake?

1 Like

Sorry, I donā€™t do the vapes I only edibles.

1 Like