Question on Making tincture

Would you happen to have a ‘decarb’ method that does not involve a pressure cooker?

Did you post the "magic butter’ recipe? If so can you tag me? Thanks.

1 Like

Recipe for making infused butter?

1 Like

Not a lot of experience. Raw bud and trichomes I but in jars and bake in the oven. I would have to look up time and temp info. I know some use the sous vide method too. Can’t say I have run across using a pressure cooker. Most decarb methods that I have seen use low temps and longer time frames. Using a pressure cooker would be the opposite of this.

2 Likes

If wanting a magic butter recipe use 1 oz per 1 cup of melted butter and put into a pan or crockpot and add 1 tablespoon of sunflower lecithin.
Heat on low for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Pour into cheesecloth when done and strain out any plant material and Refrigerate the butter.
I used to decarb using and Pyrex pan, I would put the weed spread out evenly on the bottom and cover the top completely with aluminum foil. Preheat your oven to 220-250 and put the pan in for 30 minutes. Pull out and let cool completely down before taking aluminum foil off. Want all the fumes to settle back down.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

How long will the RSO mixture last before needing to fill gummy molds? How to store until that time? (I don’t have any citric acid or agave at the moment) Thank you so much.

1 Like

I only reduce my tincture down to RSO when I’m ready to make the gummies. I mix all the gelatin stuff together in a bowl and let set and bloom a little. While it’s setting is when I’ll reduce my tincture and just add the gelatin to the pan I have my RSO in. Much easier than gathering up the RSO. It’s crazy sticky. If you need to though you could scrape it all onto one side of the pan and suck it up into a syringe and store in the refrigerator.

1 Like

Thank you… which one is the ‘tincture’ recipe? I’m trying to keep all this straight, copying and printing. I’ve found the RSO one though! And the butter, and the gummies… just have to get all that stuff purchased. I was just thinking of decarbing and having that much done - I’m a LONG ways from the store so will have delivered. I hate being new… I’m a cattle & horse expert. lol

1 Like

Could I see a list of synonyms? For instance - ‘tincture’ and ‘RSO’ appear to be the same thing?

1 Like

No problem at all. Of course,

A tincture is what is leftover after washing and straining your weed in a high proof alcohol like Everclear. I use the Magic Butter Machine but you can use the QWET method @blackthumbbetty posted if you don’t have one. I never have used it but that seems to be the way to do it with no machine.

1 oz of flower and bottle of Everclear

Add enough frozen Everclear to just cover the material in the jar(s) & tighten lid.
.Shake the heck out of it for about 3 minutes. Seriously. I mean you should almost injure yourself in this process.
.Place it in the coldest part of the freezer for an hour, shaking vigorously every 15 minutes or so.
.Remove from freezer, give it a last good shake, then strain using a cheesecloth/filter drapped over a mesh sieve/glass bowl. I gather up the edges and squeeze with my hands until nothing comes out. Rinse remaining material with more Ever Clear, if you have any left/feel like it.
-you can keep the herb for a second wash, if you want
.Evaporate alcohol: pour solution onto a silicone mat or pyrex pie plate and place in a PROPERLY VENTILATED place. You can use a warming pad to gently heat it, but too much heat can affect flavor.
.When all the alcohol is gone, you’ll be left with thick goo. This is the good stuff! Scoop it up and store it in a lidded, non-stick container until ready to use. Keep in fridge for long term storage.
You should end up with about 6 grams of very potent extract.

RSO is the potent black goo full off THC left over after evaporating the alcohol out of a tincture.

2 Likes

Thank you so much - you’re the best!

1 Like

You’re welcome! Good luck!

1 Like

Use lidded mason jars in a 250F oven for 45 mins. Lids should be loose, but tight enough not to wiggle. Shake jars once or twice during the process.

You can decarb oil after it’s been extracted, too.

5 Likes

Tincture is really any alcohol extract. RSO starts as a tincture, then the alcohol gets evaporated off, turning the tincture into a viscous oil.

5 Likes

At what point do you add terpenes? For vaping oil? Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m not sure on that. Never looked into vaping it. Only way I know of making vape juice is from pressing flower into wax then mixing terpenes in with the wax and infusing it to vape.

Once all the solvent is fully purged, gently warm oil to about 115F, remove from heat, and stir in terps as the oil cools. Starting at 126F (or around there), certain terpenes begin to burn off.

I do 1 gram oil, 5 drops mct, and 3 drops terp blend (just terps)

2 Likes

@blackthumbbetty, The RSO is vapable after the MCT and terps are mixed in?

1 Like

Rso? No. Qwet dabs, yes.

1 Like