Puzzled by an early flowering Photo

I usually don’t start a thread as I can usually answer my own questions just searching. I’m not going to go into any grow parameters as this question doesn’t require that. Here’s what has happened in my grow room. I have six photo White Widow’s growing with one I cal Queen that has always been ahead of the others in growth by quite a bit. They are under 18/6 lighting and all are doing well, with queen branching out well without any training. She was FIMed two weeks ago and after growing three mains from the FIM she has started flowering while under 18/6 lighting. I’m not bothered by this event in, fact I just got 20 WW autos I ordered. My question is do you think I got an auto with my last order or is this plant flowering from some other reason? I have read there are some reasons for an early flowering plant but this seems right on time with an auto, they are all 5 weeks post sprouting,

PS I will add here that I am so pleased with ILGM seeds I doubt I will order seeds from anybody else.

4 Likes

Show us a photograph

4 Likes

The ruderalis gene can show up in photo period plants as it exists in the cannabis family overall. Its rare but does happen.
The other reasons a plant will flower under 18/6 are from environmental factors, but if you wont tell us those then you can research it on your own.
Perhaps google “Reasons cannabis flowers early”

5 Likes

The reason I asked for a photo is to determine if the plant is really flowering early or just showing sex with pre-flowering pistils.

@Spiney_norman I certainly agree that it is difficult to provide much useful assistance with almost no information.

5 Likes

Good question

4 Likes

Pot size? I have found stretch monsters (hazes usually) that I root bound in 1 gallon pots will flower way earlier than otherwise. It will also bring out herms like light leaks if the strain is prone to it…

2 Likes

They are all in 5 gallon bags. I need to learn how to put pictures here. Let me get a close up of what I have and try yo post it. Do you upload the picture is that how you post one?

3 Likes

On a PC:

On a phone:

5 Likes

Hope this works, this is what I’m looking at and I’m not sure what’s going on hoping it’s not nanners.

3 Likes

That’s a male plant, sorry

3 Likes

I was afraid of that, will remove. Thank you. If I put him in another room with a WW female, would I get WW seeds out of it?

1 Like

Yes technically, mixed with whatever he is… if the seed’s reach full maturity…
I personally wouldn’t… cleaning up after that’s gonna be a lot… for sure make it into other tents…

1 Like

Nope, not nanners…That is a full blown male, like the others have said. I would remove it immediately to prevent getting pollen everywhere and affecting this and future grows.

3 Likes

Best thing to do is get out of grow room and bury. Is there any chance of pollen already out in the grow room?

4 Likes

I don’t see any obvious pollen. It usually looks like it has just splashed out on adjacent leaves when it happens. The plant may be close so get it out as soon as possible. Be careful not to be too rough because you can cause the pollen to be ejected.

4 Likes

I will get it out as gently as I can. Is there any chance ILGM will replace their Feminized seeds that turn out male?

1 Like

Quite possibly. @ILGM.Stacy may be able answer that better than any of us. It may take a day or so for her to answer due to time zones.

1 Like

OK my Queen turned out to be a King and was sacrificed for the good of the community. I just hope no polen got out as that would destroy this grow.

1 Like

At lights off you can give the other plants a misting with water if you like. It will deactivate / kill the pollen if any got out onto the ladies.
Just leave the fans on to help dry them back off.

:v:

1 Like

Will do anything I can to keep my ladies virgins. Thanks everybody for the support and help.

4 Likes