Prep list for a first timer basically

@RandomlyRan. So from day of planting to harvest what’s a good guesstimate on how long those take??? I’ve never grown autos. Does a bigger vessel mean a more monster plant??? Or are they like 3 gallon bucket girls? Any info would be choice… I have a germinating tent now and a veg/ flower tent going so hopefully when they get here and I plant I’ll be out of the big room

1 Like

From germination to harvest for the ones I’ve done is 90-120 days. Of my 11 now, 3 have begun flower and they are 38 days old today. They will probably be the 90 day variety but the other 8 will be closer to 120. Usually 70 days of flower and they can start as early as 2-3 weeks.
Edit. I use 5g fabric pots with about 4g of medium in it. Since it’s auto they won’t spend much time in the pot to use bigger than 5g

2 Likes

Mad thanks!!!

1 Like

Is this the moment I have been waiting for???

Is this the beginning of buds???

7 Likes

It is. That’s what I call buttons. Just past pre-flower and starting the early flower stage. After I talked to you a few days ago I noticed roots coming out of my fabric pots. 7g may not be a bad idea after all.

I’m such a nerd, I literally sat in the tent and told them how good they are doing!!! Lol not to mention it’s a solid 69-72 in the tent and it isn’t near that warm outside…

So I suppose I start counting my 8 weeks of flowering now??? Since there are actual “buttons” being shown

Also question… my bergmans and the purple haze are super dense … I keep going back and forth on defoliation but I don’t want to put any undo stress on them not that they are in flower… so if I let them just go does that mean I just get a bunch of low rung larfy buds??? Should I consider popping those off so more energy goes towards the top more visible bud sites??? So much to learn

4 Likes

Exciting to start seeing the buds starting. I personally pull off all the fan leaves in the middle of the plant and leave the ones on the outside but have friends that pull off just about everything that has a stem . If you decide to leave them on just make sure you have good circulation and your humidity is in check because bud rot is heart breaking

1 Like

Those are autos right? I wouldn’t defol too much because autos don’t get the recovery time photos get. At least that’s the general consensus. Opinions may vary lol

No they’re all photo

2 Likes

Went down to peek at everyone today, soil felt dry ish so I watered … thinking I might back off for 3-5 days … my rh is 47 right now and the tent temp is holding at 69-72

Neat to see the early budding but what a way to make my excitement just unruly!!! Tryin to avoid the girls but I love to run down and peek at everyone in the mornings… I also started my vegetable garden in my small tent … probably 10-15 of my seeds have germinated in there, super excited to have fresh veg going on soon.

Flopped the girls around today, I put the blue dream under the big new light, kind wonder if that will help… she just doesn’t feel like she is going to be a big yield plant… she’s kind of sparse feeling and her branches / nodes? Are spaced out much more than my others.

Auto questions— I have crystal candy coming in… anyone know anything about it??? It looked good so I figured I’d give it a go.
Also I have GSC extreme auto coming soon… ??? How many autos should I limit myself to in my 48x48x72 tent ??? I have the ts1000 and tsw2000 in it for light and I can put the hlg 100 back in as well… just curious to is 4 or more would be a ridiculous push??? Also I am assuming because they are auto they will all happen rather quick and won’t require the same light watch as the photos??? Or am I wrong… lots of info and some doesn’t match up so , I guess I’m just over read and a bit confused. Can you get autos to yield big???

Anyhow posting pics later n the week

Be kind, be safe, stay green !!!

2 Likes

I’ve not tried Crystal Candy, sounds yummy though. Autos aren’t normally picky on the light schedule, which is a reason they are handy for fill in plants. They don’t need to have the light schedule switch to 12/12 in order to start flowering. They are also normally quicker than photos. They
generally are smaller so they produce less than photos but I’ve seen experienced growers get decent amounts. There are always exceptions to the above. I had a cheese “autoflower” that turned out to be photo sensitive. I’ve also seen others have autos that revegged after the lights were switched to veg schedule. I’ve also seen autos last longer than expected. Take a short flower time photo, give a short veg period and have a quick harvest like an auto. So there’s always exceptions. They tend to be finicky with transplants so it’s best to start them in they’re forever home. They usually like lighter on the nutes but that can also depends on lighting, environment, etc. They eat more/grow more under good lights in the right environment

Here’s a good article on them

1 Like

@GreenJewels. Thanks that article is great!!!
I was reading a ton a while ago and then I was thinking, why not try autos, look for something interesting and I saw this

Which was all I needed to read lol, so I ordered a few seeds… then… I dropped on the 20 for 420 Girl Scout Cookie extreme
I have about 8 weeks left for my round one ladies, the way I have it roughly figured is if the autos show up this week, I germinate and put in a container in like 2 weeks I can start them in my small tent for a few weeks then move them into the big tent and they will finish up a bit after I harvest this first grow… well that’s the hope anyhow… downside is that right now I have like zero bud at all and nobody I usually go to has any due to this virus… not to mention none of my old California friends is comfortable sending me stuff so… I suppose I wait. Whatever…
Also thinking about testing the idea of planting in the garden outside…

1 Like

That does sound delicious be sure to tag me if you do grow it and journal it.
Sounds like you’ve got a good plan. Starting the perpetual grow.
That really sucks your out. Its way to stressful right now to not have some good smoke to relax you.
Make sure you research good mold resistant strains. If I remember right, your in the same state as I am. It’s humid all summer.

1 Like

I would do four in that size tent . I have grown some autos that have gotten big enough to fill a 3x3 tent with one plant and I think every one I have grown would have filled a 2x2 space. Autos are faster start to finish but not by much. I did best with 18/6 light cycle and LST . Most harvests were between 5 to 10 oz. Per plant .

3 Likes

Those are pretty lofty numbers… I’d be so happy with any plant throwing more than 2 oz my way… I actually have no idea what to expect from my current grow… between the 3 if there is 6-8 oz I’m all good lol

3 Likes

I grow in hydro now, when I was growing in soil I hovered around the 5 oz. In hydro I tend to land between 8 and 10 but I struggled to keep my plants happy in soil.

2 Likes

@Big123 has a nice auto grow going you might wanna check out. He doesn’t have a Crystal Candy but he does have a candy cane along with many other beauties

2 Likes

@GreenJewels @Gardenguy @blackthumbbetty @Myfriendis410 @RandomlyRan

Look at that blue dream reach lol

Excite!!!

6 Likes

Awesome. Plants are looking good :+1: :v:

2 Likes

Thanks man, I seriously have days when I swear I’m screwing this up so bad lol

2 Likes