Prep list for a first timer basically

@dbrn32 thoughts on California lighting works 275 all covering light? Veg and bloom? Worth the 4 bills?

It’s not a bad light, but you can probably get something better for the price. What size space are you trying to light?

@dbrn32. I have an hlg 100 4000k and a mars hydro ts1000 in a 4x4 tent currently but I wanted something with higher r spec even if just to fill the space with more light or to remove 1 light to make it more a veg starter in my other tent

I just pulled on a mars 2000tsw I think that will be just fine, and I know nothing about the blurple lights but the 1000 I’m using has that blue dream stretchin and growing fat right now …

Still haven’t found the stash
@blackthumbbetty

2 Likes

What a bummer! My house would be torn apart!

1 Like

Looking at my calendar may 12 is approx harvest day… I’m at about day 50 and in my rough estimation that should be right it I dunno… since the 12/12 switch there has been more stretching on the blue dream than any of the other girls… my bergmans, which was started a few weeks later is still stumpy but she is filling in hella thick, and the purple haze is just dense as all hell. I think I may need to think about doing some defoliation for better air flow but I’ll have to pop over to YouTube or a good place to see how and when to handle that… and then there is the huge fan leaf set at the base of the blue dream I keep thinking might be better removed but I dunno since still super new to this. Anyhow… hope your day is good, kind and green. Maybe all my stuff will be ready for a summer quarantine release party lol high hopes

@Happilyretired @Myfriendis410 @MrPeat @GreenJewels

2 Likes

My plants are autos they will be at 91 days on May 4 that’s from seed . There are some really good videos on YouTube are your plants photo or are they auto?

2 Likes

I grew photos outside last year wound up with plants 9 feet tall. What I learned with all the veg time I had was to gut the inside of the plant to where you only had the colas at the end of the branches so all energy went straight into the buds. This way you don’t get all the popcorn buds on the inside of the branches taking energy from the dense buds at the end. If I were you I will start by clearing some large leaves away from bud sides and probably remove The small stuff on the inside of the plant close to the main stock.But be careful not to do too much and shock your plant when it’s in bloom. I’m sure before long some more experience people will chime in and help

1 Like

Wait until a couple of weeks after transition before starting to remove leaves (if possible). If you are worried about WPM then adding a couple of fans wouldn’t hurt until then. @MattyBear does his in week 3 flower IIRC.

2 Likes

@Happilyretired all my girls are photos in soil. Had I realized ( because I am not very patient lol ) that the weeks of waiting was going to be so suspenseful I probably would have thrown a few autos as well, but being this is my first real grow we will just have to go with the flow.

I did watch some videos and read a bit … I’ll probably defoliate in the next week or so ( I did cut a few very close to dead things off the very bottoms I didn’t think they were serving much purpose as there is little to very very little light trickling through there)

I really want to throw down on my next grow , I’d like to try 4-5 plants in my 4x4 since it’s about 80” tall. Just ordered another mars hydro light and I’m thinking that if my next grow is really tops and I’m still in it ( lol ) I’ll upgrade to a kit that will flood that 4x4 and move my other lights into my small tent, we will see…

… hopelessly searching for that jar still… I need to be more aware of what I am doing when I’m stoned … hooray for 3 days without ugh!!

3 Likes

Just so photos from this afternoon… this purple haze though!!! Seriously!!! There are so many little bud sites all over this plant, if I can wait this out I feel like she’s the plant that will pay off huge!! The bergmans seems to be trying to catch up I’m hoping swapping my hlg 100 out for the mars hydro 2000 will plus my grow game more.
The next watering ( should be Tuesday or Wednesday) will be nutrient free as will the following then I’ll use my diluted mix 2x then water again then same … trying to allow the soil to be my nutrients but adding little 1/4 scoops of FF nutrients just to encourage here and there… I think week 6 or so I’ll see about giving a near full dose of nutrients then back to water to basically have a clean back end of grow. Hope everyone is soo, as always if you notice anything I’m not seeing please just holler… Still a newbie! Stay kind, green and healthy

1 Like

So the blue dream… bless her for climbing so tall and trying so hard, there are so many pics online I’m not sure which deficiency this is, I can attest that the leaf in the pic is more yellow than the phone is making it out to be … also her tops are all sad and droopy, watered earlier ( just water ) so now I suppose I just wait… ??? I ordered some calmag a while back amazon finally shipped it so maybe that will help???

Meanwhile this Bergmans has decided to cut loose and grow. !!! Hell to the yes finally!!!

Have a great week, if you have any suggestions please let me know

1 Like

Holy!!! Well my new light got here, popped it in the tent… so freaking bright!!! Hopefully that will help, also got my cal mag which I will add in a few days I suppose since I just watered … I wasn’t expecting anything til at least Thursday or Friday

… found a bowls worth of a stash from a while back… definitely a sativa heavy smoke… super nice, may have been some blue dream from my trip to Ca a while back… I dunno …

1 Like

Well, no pics cause there isn’t much new to show, sitting in transition is a MOFO for me… I’m such a let’s see some progress guy and I haven’t even seen any lil buttons.
Watered today 2 gallons between the 3 girls so they got 1 gallon with nutrients and 1 gallon of pure water. Hoping some of this starts to help. Been using the Fox Farms nutrients as directed ( probably a bit less as I have read the soil is pretty hot to begin with so I cut everything a bit short by at least 1/4 ) I noticed that the bergmans is starting a slight stretch from last I looked a day ago and I turned my dehumidifier up so that there was less humidity in the tent ( it’s gone from 75/80 to 45/50 ) I started to worry about mold and wet issues so I hope that was ok.
Thinking about ordering some autos while they are on sale so will someone familiar with them give me some solid advice on what grows thick and has a good heady high, I don’t want to Crash I need to be able to function and paint, do my work at home stuff but I love that creative zoom I had when I was able to get skywalker OG or Jupiter when I was in California still.
Hope all is good n green!!!

@GreenJewels @dbrn32 @blackthumbbetty @Myfriendis410 @repins12 @MrPeat @Skydiver

4 Likes

I don’t really have any experience with the autos, sorry.

1 Like

I have 11 autos going and the girl scout cookie is far and away the top producer so far. It’s also a good head high for me being one of it’s parents is a landrace sativa.

3 Likes

That would be a good one. Sour Diesel auto would be a good one too. Look for sativa-heavy hybrids like those.

2 Likes

Thank you Los dudes!!! Super appreciate this

Sprung for the 420 deal and got the 20 pack of Girl Scout cookies extreme auto… definitely looking forward to growing those!!! GSC is a go to if I can get a hold of it ever…

2 Likes

It’s my personal favorite.