Playin in the dirt again 😁

This new editing limit sucks, while trying to edit photos, limited timed out. This picture SHOULD be the 4th picture in line, first 2 are duplicates-

2 Likes

Forgot to post current condition, next update next Sunday, unless something drastic happens.

1 Like

I’ve been doing some reading and research regarding soil and nutes for Autoflowers. Last year, half way through my grow, I ended up stopping all nutes (Fox Farm Trio) because my plants didn’t respond well to the feedings. After several flushes and chasing my tail adding this or that, I finally came to conclusion the nutes were causing my issues.

This is an excerpt from the article regarding nutes-

GO EASY ON THE FERTILISER

Autoflowering strains are usually short and compact, a genetic trait stemming from the ruderalis subspecies. This characteristic, along with their rapid growth times, means that autoflowering strains don’t actually need that many additional nutrients.

Most autos will only stay in the vegetative phase for a short period of time, meaning they won’t require a huge amount of veg nutrients like nitrogen. Adding too much can actually burn autoflowering strains, so feed them conservatively.

During the seedling phase, your autoflowering plants won’t need any nutrients. Growers can start supplementing with nutrients about 2 weeks into the grow, but should do so lightly to avoid damaging the crop.

Even during the flowering phase, autoflowering varieties don’t need a huge amount of extra food. Bloom nutrients and boosters can still be applied, but with a less-is-more approach. Pay close attention to your crop and apply when you deem necessary.

This is a recipe close close to what I used, no vermiculite or peak moss.

4 Likes

Man, it’s been a long week. Horse related shows this weekend, haven’t seen my girls since Thursday morning but what an awesome weekend it was!

My daughter’s mounted drill team won Regional Championships :trophy::trophy:!!!

Back to the ladies, Runt isn’t meant fornthis world, she is withering away. Farewell my lady, smoke a big fat one for me.

Being that I want this to be mainly a “hands off” grow other than training, I am tore up about the leaves that have been nibbled on. Do I intervened, or do I let the plants natural defences do their thing?

Plants in same order as previously posted, but first a little gloating😁

Brass tag on a leather horse halter with lead.

The ladies-

White Widow Auto Runt 3-11😢

LSD Fem 3-11

White Widow Auto 3-11

White Widow Auto 3-11

White Widow Auto 3-22

White Widow Auto 3-22

I would say another week and I will be able to FIM and start LST training on the Autos and FIM on LSD with continued FIM’ing and LST training.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info on AUTO s and Nutes. I will put my Photos in greenhouse, in ground, and my AUTO s in 5 gal pails, on the Sunporch.

1 Like

No pictures today, Sunday’s only but I did want to notate a few observations-

1- seeds planted on 3/22 are as big if not bigger than those planted 3/11. Seedlings went out to their forever home 4/3. I’m not sure if the extended time in cups stunted those sown on 3/11. I wanted to beat the dead of summer heat and humid with the auto grows, why I started so early. Next year, I think I will plan to sow first week of April to have them out and transplanted a week later.

2- The current hands off approach is working out very well. I haven’t had to water since 4/3, current soil moisture level is a 22%, last rain was this past Sunday.

3- My living soil mix is keeping the ladies nice and green, without the headaches of PHing water and adding nutes.

4- The ladies are about ready for a “little off the top” action. Was trying to coincide trimming and FIMing to lunar cycles but I fear they will be off by about a week, I don’t want to be FIMing past the 5th node, will have to watch em closely.

5- My hands off approach has also seemed to have helped (for the time being) with leaves getting chewed on. I believe my grow method may (might) help the plants strengthen their own defenses, versus having to rely on me for protection.

6- I was planning to sow 5 more seeds 30 days from first sowing but with smallish plants, I have decided to wait until May to start next set. That will have me making my final harvest around end of July, mid August. I will have achieved my goal of harvesting before our scourching heat and redonculesly high humidity.
That will leave my LSD Fem girl until about Sept/Oct. I will have 11:58:15 hours of daylight on Sept. 27 so I am figuring a mid October harvest, which is a good thing because cooler night temps might mean pretty colors.

7- My choice of seeds for BOTM winner was Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autoflowering. I plan to start one or 2…ok, maybe 3, first of October to have harvested middle to end of December. Since light hours won’t be an issue since they are autos, I will probably have to cover at night towards the end. I am trying to mimic the Mediteranian climate best suited for this strain.

1 Like

She just wouldn’t wait…she insisted on getting FIMed. 5th node was already quite visible and I couldn’t wait any longer. In my row of pictures, this would be the 4th picture WWA 3/11

3 Likes

5 seeds, 5 replacement WWA seeds have disappeared from my place. I have only one spot where I store my seeds, and they arent there. Was up til 3 AM searching for them, woke wife up throwing shit around in frustration.
:dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Sorry, I needed some seeds…

Bummer, good luck finding them.

1 Like

Another one said it was time for a haircut, a little off the top. First of the 3/22 girls to get FIMed.

I think LSD FEM and other two WWA have until this weekend before they are ready for a little off the top action.

4 Likes

Nice, is that soil caked on the main stalk?

1 Like

@AAA Yes, been flooding here. Really heavy downpours.

Crazy…

1 Like

2 days late but who’s counting :joy::joy::joy:

Ladies are doing fantabulous!!! They got haircuts and are enrolled training. Haven’t watered, fed or protected in any way. Not sure if I want to LST the LSD Fem, did it anyway. Let’s see where it leads.

LDS Fem 3/11

WWA 3/11

WWA 3/11

WWA 3/22

WWA 3/22

5 Likes

Lug nuts working like a charm again this season I see. Your ladies are looking happy.

1 Like

What a close call!!! :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

3 Likes

OMG :open_mouth::hushed::open_mouth::hushed: that was a close call!

1 Like

Sunday update on Saturday night-

Plants are looking happy and healthy…except for the fact they are smaller still at this point in grow compaired to last year. I really think the extra week in the cups really upset them, all except LSD Fem and WWA 3/11 #2. Nutes and water don’t seem to be an issue, checked my ground moisture level and it is a steady 22%.

LSD Fem

WWA 3/11 #1

WWA 3/11 #2 This one is LSTing nicely, spreading her open as the week progresses

WWA 3/22 #1

WWA 3/22 #2

I recieved my GSCEAF seeds today, waiting to recieve the Blueberry Auto I ordered to arrive before startimg any more seeds. This grow round, I am going to start them like I always, in solo cups but will transplant them 7 days after sprout and transplanting into 7 gal fabric pots to see of there is a difference between my 2 methods of growing.

3 Likes

Oh, forgot to mention that LSD is no longer in training. I am going to let her go primitive, let her do her thing til about July when I start spreading her out and doing some trimming. Never grew a Photo plant before so let’s hope for the best :trophy:.

1 Like

Most people make that statement but substitute Auto for Photo! You’ll do great I’m sure.

1 Like