Outdoor grow/miracle grow dirt?help plz

@Blackmoon heres a cola of the plant put off 3 and 10 ounce I think…ide have go back a check…I’ve grown outside 35 years I guess…most sun is key.

@Blackmoon the top plant was the 1 golden leaf,bottom patch,was bigbud purple.7 plant in that patch.im standing in it if you look .lol

Hey Ray-
I would think that would be some great soil to grow in. Especially if the soil is full of worm castings. You out to pick up some of them nightcrawlers and put them in your pots. They are great for the soil. If you can get any red wigglers they are good too. The wigglers hang out in the middle layer of the pot, while the night crawlers hang out at the bottom. They are fine together and both regulate their populations. I read where the number of worms to put in is about a dozen for every square foot of soil. Mine did great last grow. I missed the balance on my soil, so the plant was very small compared to the sister I grew before it (all blueberry auto from ILGM), but that lil’ plant’s buds were significantly more potent than the 1st go around. Hope that answers your question. Good luck man! Peace…

Thanks @patchman appreciate your kind words
Cheers.
Yep is a bummer about ilgm not delivering to nz.
I had a stack of points building up too to ho towards some more yummy seeds.
Oh well.

I’ve got all them except super skunk @Raysvols69
Nice collection.

1 Like

I use something similar, that I mix in my soil, never tried to grow straight in it :v:t4:

1 Like

Thank brother man…I’m thinking of adding ocean forest,half. Half…maybe grow a couple inches just straight, maybe add some bone mill and calcium. Hope you and your ladies are fine…ty

@Nicky going to pick stuff up anything special for the ladiesautos?
Thank you in advance

Sorry what’s the question?

Sry driven.get back to you…best soil for the autos

Amazing shots and plants nice spot in the bush by the looks.
And there Bergman gold leaf plants wow.
@Raysvols69

Do you grow out doors blackmoon?

1 Like

Blackmon yes these are last years from ilgm…I h as d goldenleaf which out performed everything.
But I bend him, pull them plum over to the ground every limb becomes a plant its self.
Plus theres few othervtricks.ide put half of the hottest soil on the bottom,medium next,then least hot on top,once they take off the roots get to the hottest part,get you some flat rocks lay all around covering your soil.for 7 days,then get you a bag of ocean forest,when you go back to water raise your rocks,you will have new growth in roots on top,put 2 gallon of ocean forest covering the new growth,water before and after no nutrients just plain water ph 5 t0 6…put your flat rocks back covering your dirt again,repeat again in 7 days,you will no when you want vfc to stop,by M the size of your plants.
Try it if you can ,and let me know what youv think ,share the knowledge, if I can help you in anyway ide be glad…each plant gave me no less the a pound.

1 Like

35 years growing outside you learn these things by mistake I should say.lol

:+1::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yep I’m an outside grower for sure @Raysvols69

1 Like

Blood ee amazing.
I make my own compost here in nz we can’t get ocean Forrest and happy frog.
Not sure I’m following with the rocks idea.
You saying put the rocks on the top of the soil and then in a weeks time remove the rocks roots will have established add more compost then replace the rocks.
Cheers

1 Like

Yes sir…I ran up on this by accident, I put blood meal around my plants,so when I came back 6 days later something dug all around my plants,so I went bought a bag of ocean forest,filled up the holes that had been dug up.so I said I’ll fix your little ass,little chip monks,was the little suspect.
So slate rock is plentiful where I grow.
So I covered the whole top the hole,
7 days later or on sunday is my day to go back and check everything do my watering…so I raised the rocks up and it looked like the roots had just eat all my dirt up,I said dam it man…but those plants growed every bit of a foot and bushier…so I said I may be on to something, so 2 more bags I added ,watered put my rocks or blue slate.back.
Came back dam same thing another foot and they just went crazy, like a second growth,I did this until they started budding,hell ide say I got 11 pounds or more off 7 plants ,I had more then that,but bud rot or something killed 5 big nice plants,last year,you can see it in my journal above…so heres my thought by using these rocks keeps the sun just drying it out so quick,it keeps the roots cooler,and makes it very happy.
I’ll repeat it again this year and I’ll get the same results…it works,heres the thing pot roots dont grow deep,just the tap root,I’ve always dug rounder then digging my holes 3 ft deep.
When add new dirt every 7 days your keeping everything fresh,just use plain water,and some times I’ll mix me tea up atleast once a month…give it try with 1 plant if you can ,and you will see what I’m talking about…cheers my brother

1 Like

Ray it depends on the scale of things. If your growing 4 plants heck just buy some fox farms ocean forest, or any other rich soil out there that has what fox farms ocean forest has in it. Lots of quality soils out there but they are mixed in with tons of average potting soils.

You can make your own and if doing any decent size grow or containers or even amending the ground you plan to plant them in then this would be a better option.

Regardless every soil should be minium 30% perlite /vermiculite (Remeber vermiculite holds water perlite does not so consider your environment).

This image shows peat but you cna also use coco, coco is more environmentally friendly.

But unless growing outside in the ground I always recommend growing cannabis with nutrients in coco/perlite

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me on that sounds amazing great explanation and experience
I’ll have a go next grow.
@Raysvols69

1 Like

I’ve got 40 auto’s lol…10 goldenleaf regular, 20 trainwreck,20 grand daddy purple…and 30 seed which came out different strains,alaska thunder,gorilla glue.ocean forest happyfrog,endless worm casting dirt.ill test it when I mix and see what I need to use.
I go big ,get caught 5 is no different then 40 lol.ill keep a journal on all of ,on this thread I used last year…heres few I’ve got started…

1 Like