Organics with the Hippie

Wildseed farms Fredericksburg tx is one of the best seed shops, usa except canna seeds.

2014, indian paint brush seeds 400.00. Lb, now 77.00 oz

Watched them tag monarchs with transmitter to track migration, too cool.

2 Likes

Good morning all you wonderful farmers. I hope you are having the best weekend you can.

This morning I was able to top dress the seedlings with some fresh soil. Helping them position to the light and take alittle length off. They should re-position within a few days.
The little soil I added is the same soil that is in the 1 gallon grow bags. Their next resting place. This will allow them to slowly adjust. The seedling will hang out in the little 4inch pots for about 1 month.

I was also about to plant some the cover crop in all the 1 gallons. I sure do love the loom of a fresh cover crop. Just a waiting game for now.

I will be spraying with PureCrop1 probably in about two/three weeks.

Happy farming everyone…

9 Likes

Good morning all you crazy farmers. I hope you are having an amazing day. Keep fighting that good fight.

The garden is making good forward progress. The little had made their way to under the 400. Direct light! Rather than off to the side. Some are stronger than others.

The cover crop in the grow bags have sprouted. Another week or so and I should be able to see a huge difference.

Overall everything is going good. I will be moving the light about 10 inches in hopes of alittle better tray coverage.

Happy farming everyone…

11 Likes

so many plants…what a guy to do?

4 Likes

I hope you don’t mind Hippie! There is a grower looking for some large scale advice, and I’m tagging him here in your grow. @Boone this is a great thread to get some of the answers you need!

3 Likes

Thanks man.

3 Likes

Hi All,

I have just started the construction of a 4-story indoor growing facility building (in Thailand) and am expected to seed (Blue Dream) around early June 23’. I plan to plant around 2,000 plants per batch using 2 floors specifically for growing. I have sourced the LED lights. Just want to be sure the methods utilized are correct to grow them and use your advice to make sure the grower’s team is doing the right thing. Hence, my following list of questions is below.
I would appreciate it if someone could fill in the Light and Watering settings needed for me to use as a guide and countermeasure.
Light Specs : 800-Watt LED Full Spectrum
Seeds : feminized “Blue Dream” seeds

Germination
Days to Days : Example 1 to 7 days
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Spectra / Spectrum Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

Seedling
Days to Days :
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

Vegetative
Days to Days :
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

Flowering
Days to Days :
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

Harvest & Drying
Days to Days :
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

Curing Storage after trimming
Days to Days :
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

5 Likes

You’re welcome, growmie. I’d love to be of some help, but I’m just a personal grower. I hope you find everything you’re looking for!

2 Likes

Hi @HippieRunner1 ,

I have just started the construction of a 4-story indoor growing facility building (in Thailand) and am expected to seed (Blue Dream) around early June 23’. I plan to plant around 2,000 plants per batch using 2 floors specifically for growing. I have sourced the LED lights. Just want to be sure the methods utilized are correct to grow them and use your advice to make sure the grower’s team is doing the right thing. Hence, my following list of questions is below.
I would appreciate it if someone could fill in the Light and Watering settings needed for me to use as a guide and countermeasure.
Light Specs : 800-Watt LED Full Spectrum
Seeds : feminized “Blue Dream” seeds

Germination
Days to Days : Example 1 to 7 days
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

Seedling
Days to Days :
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

Vegetative
Days to Days :
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

Flowering
Days to Days :
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

Harvest & Drying
Days to Days :
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

Curing Storage after trimming
Days to Days :
Light Height (mm) :
Dimming Level :
Time to Time (am/pm) :
Watering Requirements :
Other bits of Advice :

1 Like

I will get back to you after work today. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers!

1 Like

I had some volunteer red clover from last year sprout in between the fava beans, cover crops help maintain and improve rhizosphere health :dash::rainbow::four_leaf_clover::peace_symbol::partying_face::fire::sunny:

6 Likes

Hi,
I am starting a high production (2,000+ plants per batch) facility growing cannabis business with only feminized seeds. I need a recommendation of what seed strains to grow for the following categories,

1. Fast or Fast Flowering Strains
  2. High CBD
  3. High THC
  4. High Yield

By the way, can someone help me on my earlier questions regarding light and watering SOP?

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

@HippieRunner1 Hey man. I was wondering if the 1 gal bags you are using will be where your plants grow for their lifetime, or if you intend on repotting(?) them again.
Trying to get some supplies in order. We just got 3 feet of snow last week here, so not a huge hurry. Appreciate you <3

2 Likes

They will rock the 1 gallons tell the first part of June. At that point they will be transitioned to the outside garden and transplanted into 100gallon grow bags.

6 Likes

Sorry for such a late reply. Life has been super duper busy. Here are a few answers to your questions. I will get back to you on the watering SOP.
What type of nutrients will you be using? This is important in thoughts of watering.
Are you going to go organic or common grow salts?
—>Organic organic organic <—lol

*Fast flowering you will want to lean towards more Indica. These will flower a lot faster than an Indica strain.

*High CBD look into AC/DC. It has the potential to be a 20:1 or something crazy like that.

*As for the high THC. Really any strain you get can achieve a 20+ in the THC %. I like GG#4 crosses. Kinda lean more towards the one strain genetics or close to. Rather then the common hybrids.
If someone tells you they have a strain that is over 34 or 35 I would call them out. A cannabis plant cant physically sustain 35+% THC.
I would look more into was is currently popular on the market in your area. People seems to be gearing more towards the ‘names’ of strains rather then thc%.

*One of the highest yielding plants I have grown was a tester strain. A Zkittles X Stardawg. It was a full sun outdoor but the amount of chunky flowers it produced was amazing.
But you will be needing a heaving Indica producer. Maybe a Cheese, Sweet Skunk or Speedy Chili.
One of my all time fast plants is the classic Early Girl. Some super smooth smoke.

8 Likes

It’s good to hear from you @Big123. I new it was only a matter of time tell you entered the grow this year. I sure do enjoy all your points of view and overall knowledge.
I’m really looking forward to following along this year.

Happy farming buddy…

5 Likes

What do you want the overall goal of this new facility to be?
Number of harvest per year? Are you wanting to have a harvest every other month or just a few per year?

Can you send me some photos of your growing areas? Size and set up.

3 Likes

100 gal bags o.O

2 Likes

@junkie Ya, his plants become beautiful beasts. If you follow, you will see. :v:

2 Likes