Organics with the Hippie

There has been many rinses floating around the growing would for years. Thoughts and ideas about how you cannot achieve true organics indoors. Well I beg to differ….

We will be taking alittle different rout over the next few months as we prep for outdoors. Going to bring that 100% organic lasagna grow style in doors.

The cover crop has came in real nice on all grow bags. Within 1 week it was over 1ft tall. I have cut the cover crop down to about 1inch above the soil.

Next I put a good amount of organic straw on top of each pot. This will help choke out the cover crop and start creating a fresh green mulch layer. This will be the food source for the worms.
This also helps in water evaporation and retention.

The little laddies are all doing great. They will get a dose of European kelp over the next few days to help build that root system. Bigger roots bigger fruits :slight_smile:
In about two weeks I will transplant them all to the 1 gallons. Let them take off like little rockets tell June.

9 Likes

The Old School Glue had a super bad germination rate. 40% compared to the average 90%. Hope the two littles turns in to some solid redwoods :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you :blush: @HippieRunner1 much appreciated :slot_machine::heart::partying_face:

You garden is :eyes: looking great!

I hope to get started in about 2 weeks :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Like i said, i am constructing the building now. I haven’t started germinating. I am gathering the best SOP to grow from Seeds to sale to make sure my growers are doing the right thing later.

Attached is my ongoing construction.

4 Likes

All the little seedlings will be transplanted this afternoon into the 1gallon fabric pots. All seem to be doing very well. Enjoying the European kelp and the warm temps of the trailer.

The only strain that has been alittle rough with a low germination rate has been the Old School Glue. Not much is known about this cross as it’s still currently in testing. It’s looking like I will be the first to grow it full sun 100% organic.

Now that I think about it all of our strains this year are testers. (Beside the Fritter Dawg if we toss it in) This should lead to some funky smelling new bugs. Super excited.

Old School Glue
Ponderosa Cookies
Purple Bubba Kush
Greezy.
(Fritter Dawgs are being sexes. Might use them idk)

8 Likes

Solid work man. That looks amazing! @Boone im super excited to see what everything looks like in a year.

I have the SOPs ready that you mentioned. They are somewhat generic but will give you a good guideline to follow at the beginning. Only time with the plant will give you the true knowledge you are looking for :slight_smile:

Dose your crew/farm have a name? I can personalize them for you if you would like.

1. Would you like me to post photos of them for you on here?
  2. Or would you like me to send you hard copies in the mail? You would be able to photo copy them for your crew.
5 Likes

Appreciate if you could email me at booneleong@gmail.com

Yes, will update you all here once there are growing progress.

Many thanks.

2 Likes

Transplant, complete! Time to sit back for the next two month and bush these babies out. Get them ready for the outdoor season.
Once tall enough I will start some minor LSTing. Feeling so very blessed to be able to have a garden this year. Thank you world :slight_smile:

Happy farming everyone…

11 Likes

Hi Hippie,
Need some advice.

With my setup, should I be choosing blue dream feminized or auto flower seeds?

1. Which seed is cheaper ?
  2. Having feminized seeds with higher yields but slower growth, which is more efficient yearly in terms output of buds?
  3. Which will cost more or feasible yearly taking total output into considerations?
  4. Lastly which will you choose if you are in my shoes and why?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Are you wanting to grow seeds or flowers? I thought I remember you mentioning seeds one time.

1 Like

oh man newbies will love these SOP’s…nice post HR :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Not really to in depth but will give a good outline.

3 Likes

Thanks hippie.

1 Like

Or any strains for that matter. Would just want to do a profitable comparison of feminized vs auto flower seeds taking into all considerations of fertiliser, seeds , electricity, watering and manpower cost in a year’s output.

1 Like

Man power and electricity will be the same regardless if it’s photo or auto. The lights in the facility will basically be running the same amount of time. (As much as possible)

I would go with photos if it were me. I would also look into creating a ‘mother’ room. This would be designed only to keep a few vegging mothers in it. After your first round from sees you would have one full harvest and also a room with a few large mothers.

You would be able to harvest your first round of flower but would also be able to clone off the mother plant. This would save on seed purchasing and allow you to do everything in house.

6 Likes

Love yalls dialog. Hippie, i believe in carma, and you certainly bring out the better in us with yours.

Have a great day.

5 Likes

@Boone Also once you find some strains that do really well for you, with the mother plants, the clones take off a bit faster than seeds, which will also save in the long run.

1 Like

Cheers all.

Unfortunately, I haven’t gone to the part to learn making mother plants and clones yet. I don’t even though the purpose too. :joy:

I am all ears if someone would further explain the benefits and whys.

Cheers again.

1 Like

I have a thread documenting my pursuit of my PHD
Or just plain good growing, all aspects.
https://ilgmforum.com/t/re-veging-a-continous-grow-garden
Todays Mining activity.

He got chopped She got dirt

Prefer clone growing, but needed seeds, not $10.00 each, for learning.
Got seeds to share. Family and friends, plan.

3 Likes

The price on a grow from seed will be about the same cost regardless of what strain you grow.

*Fast flowering strains would require less man power. If you have a crew that knows what to do it would require less people.

*High yielding plants will be more of a money maker due to the larger amount of product at the end of harvest. And the quicker grow cycle.

*The lights will be ran year round for about the same time frame. Ending with the same electricity usage. Idk what that will be with your set up.

*Watering all depends on the size of pots you use, the consistency of soil, RH in the growing space ect. This will very between each growing facility. This will also change with the size of plants. Due to the large amounts of roots.

So let’s think. You buy 2,000 seeds at $1000 the first grow cycle. Run everything from seed.

(One room now is designed for a few mother plants)
You keep the mothers in there own room under 18hrs on and 6hrs off light cycle.

While the mothers are growing in veg you are doing a full cycle in every other room in the facility. (From seed this first round) Every room besides the mothers room will reap flower the first year grow season. (About 4 months start to finish)

Second grow cycle you learn how to clone. You will use your mother plants to take cuttings off to fill the entire facility again. This saving you that $1000 on seeds.
You now take your clones and wait for them to root.
(Facility has three rooms. 1= mother 2=veg 3=flower)

You take those rooted clones and set them in the veg room for two months. Let them veg and bush out. After two months you put them into the flower room to start bidding. At the same time you put new clones in the veg room again.
Now you have a mother plant in room 1. Vegging plants in room 2. And flowering plants in room 3. You have now created a continuous in house growing cycle. Harvesting fresh buds every 2+ months.

7 Likes