Organic soil grows with shindig153

Yes potassium deficiency early on due to a ph issue that was my own fault. Corrected the problem and top dress seems to have her back on track. All the new growth seems to be doing much better.

1 Like

So to treat the spider mite problem I trimmed my plant to the bare minimum and removed cut all other vegetation. That took care of a lot of them. I took a rag with dawn and water and washed all remaining leaves tops and bottoms. Also all stems. I then sprayed it with a dawn and water solution also tops and bottoms of leaves, stems and ground. I read years ago that can prevent bugs because of the taste. Not sure how true that is but I’m testing it out. Then I went through by hand looking for eggs/larvae and squished them all. Kind of reminds me of picking potato bugs, larvae and eggs on a tiny scale. After that was done I sprayed it one more time with dawn and water. I see no bug activity.

Here’s the final look of the plant. I forgot to take a before photo.

If this and correcting the humidity doesn’t do the trick I’ll move on to the next project. I have seeds coming I really want to start. Sugar Black Rose and Russian Skittles.

4 Likes

Congrats on the harvest.

I’m excited to see how the pp shapes up as well. Looking promising so far.

Thanks for the suggestion to help with mites. I’m not going fight them too hard. If they live then they and the plant will be out side in the cold weather. First frost last night here. They won’t live long.

1 Like

Did a trim job to all plants this morning. Hopefully I won’t have to do much more.

Purple Punch

Gelato

Sour d is looking pretty good now.

Gorilla Glue

LsD

NL

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about the mites :man_facepalming: Hopefully the cleanup will take care of it. Purple Punch is one of my fav strains. It’s definitely on my list to grow and yours looks like she’s gonna be a girthy one :wink: Hope all is well in your neck of the woods :sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Dawn has some bad ingredients in it. I looked it up and after researching tossed my dawn out. Using Dr. Bronners soaps exclusively for me, dishes, laundry, cleaning etc.
Those chemicals in dawn will get into soil etc and probably negatively effect the soil critters.
Good luck with the mite battle

3 Likes

I’d also have to use a lot which isn’t happening. I try to use what I have on hand. It would be different if I planned on using it all the time. If the mites come back they will freeze outside with the plant and then get tossed into the compost pile. I’m not willing to do battle when all I have to do is start a new plant and pot.

I think she’ll bounce back pretty quick and I’ll continue to add the good criters with root magic rhizo mix.

4 Likes

Yes all is well in my neck of the woods.

Looks like you’re already exploring your property and settling in. It’s a lot of fun when it’s new. Enjoy. I’m sure there’ll be a lot of fun times to come.

3 Likes

There looking very good!! :heart_eyes::+1::+1: I’ve never had the mite problem! But have had gnats but that’s another story! Sounds like you ain’t gonna miss a beat either way!! :sunglasses: Keep on keeping on Brother! :v::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Yes sir we’ve been loving it!

2 Likes

Here’s my journal @BrokenHippy.

2 Likes

Looking great!!

1 Like

We use Dr Bronner’s as well and have been for yeeeeaaaars. Just an FYI: long term use of organic soaps will clog the f$&k out of your drain pipes. I’ve seen it multiple times during remodels and have experienced it at our old house. It’s a build up of dark brown/black junk that I’m guessing is fat. I won’t go back to Tide and Dawn, but there is a price for that decision.

Be well bud!

3 Likes

Looking good as always.

2 Likes

those are some spiffy hair do’s. looking nice and ventilated.

1 Like

Update on the grow.

All plants are budding up pretty well and are happy and starting to frost up.
We’ve had temps in the low 30’s over the last week and last night at 28. Right around zero Celsius. I wasn’t quite prepared for that yet so the house got down to the mid 50’s. Great sleeping weather. Due to the cooler temps in the tent the purple punch has started to turn purple. A little on the Northern lights as well.
I’ll be firing up the wood stove tonight for the first time this season.

Here’s a look at the ladies.

Purple punch

Gelato

Sour d

Gorilla glue

LSD

Northern lights

13 Likes

Looking fantastic Brother!! :+1::+1::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

loving the early purple! norther lights looking good too. heck all looking good.

1 Like

Looks amazing. I sure love that purple.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @shindig153.
28deg zero celcius thats early to be getting those temperatures hay beautiful photos of some beautiful plants

1 Like