Organic soil grows with shindig153

As far as I know it’s from Barney’s Farm. It was a gift from a friend. I really like what I’m seeing with the 20 gallon pot. It’s such a big plant that I could only fit three of them comfortably in the 4x8. I’m probably heading in that direct. My other plants are all in 10 gallon pots. I do like the large variety the 10 gallons pots can deliver in the same space.

I’m impressed with how northern lights is growing. It’s going to be a nice haul if all continues to go well. I had to do a clean up of her undercarriage to thin her out a bit.

2 Likes

Almost finished processing turkey. Just have bones to stew. I ground 37 pounds of turkey with 15% pork belly to make sweet Italian, hot Italian and breakfast sausge. We did a test kitchen to make sure the sausage tasted good before proceeding. All three are delicious.

I figure I have close to 200 lbs of turkey meat in the freezer. Now I have to figure out how to fit the 1/2 a cow in the freezer as well. Needless to say by October the freezer will be very full.

1 Like

What an amazing feeling to be free of buying store bought meat.

1 Like

They can become beasts. I absolutely love the strain.

4 Likes

Yes it is. It’s taken a few years and planning ahead to get there. My folks have a friend who raises pigs. By next fall we will be adding a pig to the freezer as well.

A plus to raising turkeys is the manure and feathers I’ll be adding to my compost pile.

1 Like

I’m outta likes Brother but I don’t like it I love it!!! Keep on keeping on! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks for the love @Dman1969. Much appreciated.

The did a heavy handed trimming of Sour d.

I did some lst on purple punch and accidentally broke the top off. Oh well. The plant will put it’s energy elsewhere. She’s big enough that I’m not worried about the mistake. I also trimmed some fan leaves as well.

Miley’s first day back to school was yesterday. It was nice to be able to dig into the tent and spend some quality time with the ladies.

7 Likes

I’m outta likes but you know I like it! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

They look great! I just got all mine transplanted today. They were pretty root bound in the small pots. Hopefully they will take off now

1 Like

I’m sure the plants will be happy. I believe the plant being root bound has a lot to do with my problems in the past.

1 Like

Hopefully this helps. I only went with 3 gallon pots. Still trying to find the keepers and see their sex. I know next time I’ll do this pheno hunt differently.

1 Like

Weekly update.

All are doing well and starting to flower.

First up is Purple Punch

Next is Sour d

Next is Gelato

Gorilla Glue

LSD

And last us Northern Light auto

12 Likes

Update on the sour d clone. Checked on her this morning and we have spider mites. I’ll figure out how to get them under control. I believe the environment inside the tent is the cause. I never hooked up an exhaust fan so lack of air flow and inconsistant humidity is my problem. I’ll address both in the morning and do a thorough clean up of the plant. I’ll make sure to take pictures.

1 Like

Forgot the full tent picture.

7 Likes

ugh sorry about the spider mites. you may not be soliciting advice but as i spent the last year battling mites of various types… dr. zymes or plant therapy several times a week and then consider some predators for the long haul once you have them under control.

can’t wait to see that purple :facepunch: do it’s thing. gablam! and the gelato is funny… mine kinda grew similar, sending up like two gangly branches with buds spaced 6" apart (though at second look your structure looks way better than mine). quality is bar none though. just chopped my second one today.

3 Likes

Ever time I read this word I cringe in fear :scream:
Good luck with the battle :v:

3 Likes

Looks like sour d is hungry for some PotAsh-ium unless the look was corrected before the flip? The rest of the line up looks pretty darn good.

Are you using worm poo from your own worm farm? Reason I ask is I thought I had the bad spider mites while back but upon reflection I realized they were mites from the worm bin and I’m happy they are in the soil mix along with springtails and worms etc.
The mites I have are visible with the naked eye whereas the dreaded spider mites you need a magnifying device to see them is my understanding. Mine are in the soil only and don’t venture up on the plants. They are fast moving. They eat stuff on and in the soil.
Hopefully this is what you have and not the plant eaters.

3 Likes

I really hope you get those spider mites sorted shindig.
Without harming there plants. Look great

1 Like

My mites on the plants just started to show up. I saw signs in the cover crop first but didn’t realize it. I’m hoping I can get them under control pretty quick. If not I’ll abandon ship and move on to the next plant. I’ll definately get my environment in the tent under control and hook up my exhaust fan.

1 Like

Yeah they’re spider mites. I’ve had them before caused by really low humidity. In the high 20’s. I believe too much humidity or to little humidity is likely the cause. In this case I excessive humidity I believe is the problem.

The leaves will start to look like this

Before too long you’ll start to see webs on you plants. They are tiny but able to be seen easily. Well once I take my glasses off to be able to focus on them. With age new struggles arise.

This is the best I could do trying to get a good shot of them

1 Like