OlyBoy grows autos Summer 2021

Yea we haven’t even hit the peak of heat yet… 110 Tuesday here… can’t remember the last time it rained… whenever you sent that big storm over to my side :smiling_face::rofl:

I can’t keep the tent cooler than the house and we’re at about 83 in here with a buncha fans and a tiny ac (yup I’m that parent)
Got my evaporative cooler coming this week tho: it’s so dry it’ll probably feel great in here with a touch of moisture lol

Girls are looking amazing! :v::v:

1 Like

You and me both! Ha haha!

Thank you. It can be such a rewarding hobby. And frustrating, and confusing, and interesting. I’ve been on a few wrong paths before. But this time, I think I might be doing something right.

3 Likes

Damn man everything looks systematic i like it looking good and i read somewhere that its actually beneficial not to water during a heat wave unless you have to the wet soil and hot twmps create the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and diseases ill see if i can find it again

2 Likes

Spiral 1

Spiral 2

Spiral 3

I brought one of my photos to hang out with Spiral 3.

06/29

13 Likes

Spiral 1

Spiral 2

The big ISK got broken twice earlier this week. You can see the splints on her main stem.

Spiral 3

The ISK in the orange pot is the last ISK to show sex. Bonus Black Pot and GroBucket ISKs both show girl parts!

07/02

12 Likes

You’re doing great with the autos oly

2 Likes

Looking good.

2 Likes

and it’s been fun. and more different than I thought it’d be.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Looking good man im getting a couple auto freebies with my next bean order will be my first go with autos

1 Like

Would you have a pic of the trichs when they are about the right amount of amber to harvest?

1 Like

To be honest, I’m not a XX% of amber triches to harvest kind of a guy. I go by the overall grow of the plant, how the fan leaves look/fall off towards the end of bloom, how developed are the trichome heads on lower and middle buds, and if the flower is still throwing out new pistils.

I know what I like to smoke.

If the fan leaves are consumed from the bottom to the top the way I expect them to, if the plant has stopped (or slowed way down) producing new pistils, and if I see well developed triches on top buds and semi-well developed triches on lower buds, I will harvest as soon as I see none (or close to none) clear triches on the bottom balanced with the minimum amount of amber triches on top.

Of course there are other factors that I consider. But I don’t consider harvesting based upon any certain percentage.

I hope that makes sense.

4 Likes

I’m not really sure on what to go by, I’ve invested in a few different magnifying lenses, so I’m trying to use them as much as possible. I’ve definitely been noticing amber but it seems like there should be more and there are even clear trichs as well. I’m days away from my first harvest and i am getting anxious.

3 Likes

@Getfocsd the key to trichomes is to make sure you are looking at bud and not the leaves, when looking through my microscope I follow the hairs/pistils to bud, leaves don’t have hairs lol. Now ripeness is a preference and everyone harvests at a different point. Here’s a pic to use as a reference/tool

5 Likes

Honestly I feel like I’m at the mixed stage. Should I put i to darkness for 48hrs, or wait a few days?

1 Like

Rage me in your grow! Let me take a look!

1 Like

stupid autocorrect. ‘tag me’.

1 Like

Spiral 1

Spiral 2

Spiral 3

Spirals 2 & 3, down in the bakery.

Happy 4th, everybody!

07/04

13 Likes

Everything looks great.

Oops. The spiral 1 pics didn’t stick.

6 Likes

I’m not so great at taking pics magnified but tomorrow I’ll give it a try. I took a sample and I’m not convinced its ready.

1 Like