OlyBoy grows autos Summer 2021

Spiral 1

Spiral 2

Spiral 3

Bonus ISKs: I think that we’re three for three when it comes to the ISKs being all female! Two out of three are showing girl parts. The third ISK (in the orange pot) isn’t showing any pistils, so the house is still taking bets.

07/05

11 Likes

So I took off 2 smaller branches to examine bud. Still not ready so I put into a mason jar and have been opening it everyday a few times a day, and I just noticed some mold forming. Can someone explain the steps before I go into full harvest and loose my crop. TIA. I’ve come this far, had them hermie on me, but can’t loose it now due to rot.

4 Likes

Gotta let them dry before putting in the jar

9 Likes

Spiral 1

Spiral 2

Spiral 3

And they are all showing their girl parts!

07/07

14 Likes

Shit plants lookin nice man, but straight up from the background in some of the pics looks like your sitting on a beautiful chunk of land am i right?

2 Likes

you are right. the PNW is absolutely beautiful this time of year.

Cascadia Flag 2

5 Likes

Agreed. Nice landscaping :+1:

The canna flowers add a nice touch.

2 Likes

From my vantage point in a highly populated overcrowded region, I see freedom in your vistas! You keep posting pics and I’ll keep liking them :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

The ISK is getting some fat buds on her. Those Zz buds are so freaking amber.

I probably mentioned this before, but the ISK is too tall for her shadow. I broke the main stem (accidental supercropping) twice in one day trying to bend her down. Her main cola is 57" off the deck and the other four topmost buds are 48-49" tall.

The tree (red) is supposed to protect the buds (blue) from the street light (yellow).

This gow spot has a 48" grow limit.

And the WC is getting some thicc colas!

I think the Zz is looking better after her heatburn/nuteburn whatever.

Meanwhile…Last night…

Transplant disaster.

So each time I tried fixing her, I could hear the roots just ripping. Bad.

She didn’t look too bad last night.
(@PurpNGold74 :joy: :rofl: :joy:)

The GroBucket gals are looking nice.

And here are the bonus ISKs. As it turns out all the ISK seeds that I dropped for Spiral 3 were female. Yay! I didn’t want to leave the ISK in that plastic planter, so I transplanted it (semi-successfully, i might add) into a fabric pot. So now they are called Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Thing 1 actually surprised me when I checked on them this morning. I think she looks really good after last night.
@Hellraiser @Zee @BigMommaC @Jake3 @Dman1969 @Bulldognuts @Dr.ofSmokology @Arrow @Breezy

07/08

14 Likes

She still alive today? Hen it was a success!

If this aint pothead ingenuity then i give up hahaha

14 Likes

Could fix that street light issue with a pellet gun, just sayin… it will be our little secret :shushing_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

10 Likes

It was out for about two months 2 years ago. In the winter of course.

@dbrn32 How long do street lights normally last before naturally burning out? You’ve always been the guy people ask when it comes to lights. :joy:

3 Likes

Depends on the street light. I have 175 watt mh streetlight next to my garage (funny story if you want to hear it?), has been on same bulb since I purchased, just over 2 years ago. But there was 2 spare bulbs on shelf in garage, so im expecting it to go soon.

Fluorescent streetlight +/- 20,000 run hours. Led streetlight +/- 50,000-100,000 run hours.

Seems like quick but short term solution.

4 Likes

Here is what we’ve got.

And if my pace count is kinda close to what it used to be, and if Mr Pythagorus is correct, the tops of that plant is 93 feet away from the light.

I guess my real question is if this type of light would have an effect in my photos planted in this spot. This plant is an autoflower and I’m not terribly concerned.

7 Likes

This conversation has turned hilarious!! Haha :rofl::rofl:
NEXT TIME ON STREET LIGHT SHENANIGANS… will Oly place a large plant to block said light or will he indeed use the pellet gun… tune in next week!! :rofl::rofl::thinking::thinking:

But dang that ones tall! But colas! I’m excited for yours!

Oh and it’s a legit question for sure. Growing outdoors I can’t even think of all the factors I’d have to consider… cool learning experience! Good info!

6 Likes

Looks identical to bulb i have, but they all look sort of similar in that size. Unfortunately any of typical bulbs found there have light spectrum that will get plant response.

3 Likes

OlyBoy98503-
I have not used the powder before, but I will definitely use it. Otherwise, you are paying for water with the spray. The powder would be good. I don’t like liquid nutes and sprays for that reason. But what do I know? That’s my 2 cents Oly. Keep up the good work, your girls look great!! I like the system you’ve come up with. I think you are on your way to another successful grow! I am going to be starting another grow soon. I have to figure out what my problem is. The last 2 grows I have grown healthy looking plants, with the exception that they were all midgets. I am starting to wonder if I am smart enough to grow my medicine. I just want to learn to grow a couple of plants at a time and have them come out more like they are supposed to. Not a 6" tall plant (that turned out to be one bud that ended up being a 1/2 ounce. I don’t care about numbers or big operations. A couple of plants at a time should keep me with the medicine I need. Pain is no fun at all. But after all the surgeries and money spent on pain surgeries, I still have pain. 12 hour brain surgeries with expensive hardware put in. Turns out all I needed was a few puffs on the vape and it all goes away! Priceless! Keep up the good work buddy! Peace…

4 Likes

OlyBoy98503-
Didn’t we talk about the streetlight problem last year? I has jokingly suggested a pellet gun, but I thought we came to some sort of plan. I think you ended up digging holes to put the pots in to lower them. I wasn’t sure the direction of your sunlight, but some small 3 ft shrubs planted on top of your wall and sinking the pots would help. That’s a lot of work though. Good luck man!! Peace…

4 Likes

Yeah man! Good memory! You drew me a little fence to line the rock wall.

4 Likes