Ok going try one more time get answers that aren't so conflicting. About to just give up!

Exactly @Mark0427

3 Likes

I spread Tanglefoot on the paper plate to catch fungus gnats. Tanglefoot is sticky stuff for putting around a base of a tree as a barrier to keep harmful insects from crawling up the tree. I’m going to keep doing that way. It’s cheap and you can basically make a new plate with Tanglefoot for pennies. I’ve even bought sticky traps and my method works better. I even spread Tanglefoot on square plant markers and stick them into the soil. I think it’s organic. No pesticides.

3 Likes

Blurples?

Okay did a little rearranging. Repostioned the 2 - 65Watt LED’s and I had a 50Watt LED I use for when I do my vegatable sprouts not in use right now, so I positioned it to shine at them from the side. Hopefully this will keep them happy until new light arrives Tuesday.

1 Like

Blurples are like viparspectras. Tgey have a blue pink purple look when lit. Blurple

1 Like

I have 3 vips someone cam have or buy cheap. A 600w 2 300 w. Have a china made 2000w and a 3000 w. A 45 w panel and a 60 w 4 foot 2 bulb led full spec light. Lol

2 Likes

How much? Is there a way message privately?

1 Like

I have no idea about messaging. Lol. Im newer to this too. Where do u love at

:laughing: I am in Missouri

1 Like

Oh wow my neighbors have a house in missouri all their kids live there lol.

1 Like

My new viparspectra arrived this morning. Got it set up. we’ll se how my ladies do now. They are still growing upwards but not so much outwards. I can see new little leaves trying to sprout where the few branches they got trying to sprout. I have more seeds but waiting to see how these three do.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem as deep Blurple as everyone else’s I’ve seen?

1 Like

Different cameras play different lighting tricks. Difference between iPhone 10 and iPhone 8. Same light.

1 Like

Okay. Yeah that makes sense lol. I think I’m just stressing to much that I’m messing up and they aren’t going to grow right. It’s day 32 since I planted them after they germinated and they look like scrawny twigs with hardly any leaves.

Never happen.

@Marie73 stretching is caused by inadequate light. Remember that every biological process in the plant starts with light. It’s the one area you simply can’t cheap out on. That Viparspectra will grow some weed but will not be anywhere near close enough light to handle all of the plants you currently have.

The concern folks have is, having gone down this road themselves (like me), they are trying to help you avoid spending money twice. If you stick with this you will almost certainly be replacing all of those lights with something much better.

@Not2SureYet loves to grow autos. He also has experience growing with Viparspectras and HLG’s. He also regularly harvests 12 to 14 oz from a single autoflower.

3 Likes

I give up!

Don’t give up. You’ll do fine with that light. Are there better lights? Absolutely. Are those lights in your budget? No. Down the road, when you’re ready to upgrade, a HLG 135w kit will be all you need in that size tent.

3 Likes

I don’t plan to grow a lot at one time. I don’t use a lot. Mostly just to help with nausea and pain when going through radiation and chemo treatments. I just need a enough to last me from harvest of one batch to harvest of the next. 2-3 months. I don’t use it every day either. But I would like to hav sufficient amount and decent quality.

1 Like

Wait…like a classifieds “for sale”? I’ve been looking for places with good used equipment that is a great idea

Lighting goes by space, not how many plants. That light will flower your 2x2 just fine. I pulled 5oz from 1 plant in a 2x2 using that exact light for 3/4 of the grow.

1 Like