Ok going try one more time get answers that aren't so conflicting. About to just give up!

3 ladies…1 Blueberry Auto, 1 Northern Lights Auto and 1 Amnesia Haze Auto…29 days along.
2x2x4 Grow Tent
Chicken Manure Compost, Coco Coir, Perilite and Organic soil mix.
Use bottle drinking water (we live on a county well and we won’t even drink the water, so definitely not giving to my ladies), water and nutrients are on a schedule per FoxFarm recommendations.
Dark cycle 8hrs daily
Temp stays between 68-73 F, Humidity bounces between 50-60%
PH has been normal no issues there.
No signs of yellowing, mold, bugs, etc…Ladies are a nice vibrant green healthy color.

PROBLEMS…STRETCHING and just started praying to the lights occassionally.

My LIGHT choices are…these lights (see link for info) that I bought off amazon and started out with…

https://www.amazon.com/Indoor-Spectrum-Seedling-Blooming-Succulents/dp/B082S7VSX6/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_2/146-0501928-6929210?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B082S7VSX6&pd_rd_r=dd806464-ec55-4089-af5a-3e63a583350b&pd_rd_w=dDwsN&pd_rd_wg=fyZbK&pf_rd_p=b90f7456-95ee-4d98-80f8-00c4e91c331c&pf_rd_r=1J5K33S9YZ36D2BMEVKK&psc=1&refRID=1J5K33S9YZ36D2BMEVKK

or using 2 BR30 Fullspectrum LED 65Watt bulbs (so 130 Watts total) in reflector lamps I switched to. This switch seemed to help some they aren’t ‘praying’ as much. Yesterday before I switched the lights the one in the front was point straight up almost.

Lights are about 17-18in above the tops my ladies.

Are my ladies doing okay? Am I just over stressing myself and worrying to much or is there something I am missing or doing wrong?

1 Like

Might need stronger light, HLG makes a light that will fit your tent perfectly, I also use the light in the same size tent.
HLG 135w Rspec.
Girls look good, but not 29 days good.
They really seem to not be lacking nutes, just seems like alot of stretch, more of the same bulbs would help, but for the long run you should try to invest in more or a higher quality LED, not trying to down you or shun your choice i also wasted about 120$ US before i broke away and bought the HLG its been amazing, feel.free to look at my journal, could help with a few questions you have.

5 Likes

What is HLG? Do you have a link to share on this HLG light?

1 Like

1 Like

I use two 315 watt CMH in a 4x4 tent for veg. I only use one to start my plants, then about a week or two before they are ready to go into the flower room, I’ll turn the second one on. Usually it’s after I transplant them into their final fabric pot, then I’ll switch the second light on.

1 Like

I do have a tight budget. So any recommendations on lighting that will work in my tent please send link, I shop Amazon quiet a bit. I keep looking and there are so many I am just getting overwhelmed. I have no idea what I am lookign at, what the numbers etc mean, what to get. I have Stage 2 Multiple Myeloma Cancer.

My flower room is 10’x 11’. I use 6-315w CMH and two led’s for side lighting.

4 Likes

WOW! Pretty Ladies! I just have my three ladies, don’t plan ever grow more than 3 at a time. Don’t have the space. Although I am thinking I am going have to take them out the tent if the keep stretching, it’s only 4ft tall.

There is a HLG 100w 3000k light on Amazon, could be a great addition,

Also sorry to not explain better, If you Google Horticulture Lighting Group you will find their site, they have many great LED lights, the best fit for your tent would be the 135w rspec kit, but you could also get by with the 100w 3000k pre assembled light.

2 Likes

Well that is a little cheaper than some I’ve found online. But out of my budget. I may just have pray and hope they do okay until I can get one. (Cancer treatments are cheap, so I don’t have a lot to spare…one reason growing my own, can’t afford the dispenseries.)

4 Likes

I’m fairly new to growing. I use Amazon for almost all my growing needs. I live far from big cities and grow shops.
I use Vivosun 315w CMH. There are many companies that sell these lights. I’ve been using Vivosun lights for almost two years. I haven’t had a single issue with these lights or Vivosun bulbs. I have 8 of them total. 2 in veg tent and 6 in flower room. I also use my two led’s for additional side lighting, if needed.
You can get the whole setup with bulb and everything for under $200. Ready to go. Plug and play. I would rather buy local, but I would rather pay about half on Amazon. Compared to buying out of the grow shops, that are 50 miles away. Lol

Them 315w CMH I use actual pull 350watts from the wall.

Once you get going and get some return on your labor, you’ll be very happy you started growing. December will be two years for me and I don’t go to dispensaries anymore and I have a drawer full of cash and all the weed I can smoke and plus some, to put it lightly. Starting to grow was the best decision I think I have ever made. Now that I’m growing ILGM genetics, I know it is.

2 Likes

I used this light in that same size tent on my first grow (I still use it for veg) and it will grow decent plants and hopefully within your budget. Continuing with your current lights will cause them to continue to stretch and may not be enough produce much for bud.

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Certified-Reflector-V300-Spectrum/dp/B01B4GQ6MO

1 Like

Okay I bit the bullet and order the VIPARSPECTRA. Will be here Tuesday. How I should I place above top my ladies to hopefully stop the stretching and start growing outwards? I assuming one will be enough for my grow tent size.

Question what is the paper plate for lol!

I just keep it as high up as it can go. And yes, only one will be needed. It’s got much more blue spectrum in it than red so it helps keep the plants squatty and bushy.

1 Like

Once they get the classified section of the forum going, it will really those with budget issues. I got a 600 watt hid in a box in my closet would have worked well in that space.

5 Likes

Thank you :blush:

@SKORPION. I have a few blurples i can donate to someone in need for sure. They are nit selling so why not help someone out get on their feet to get a better setup for them selves

7 Likes