Ok going try one more time get answers that aren't so conflicting. About to just give up!

Just google HLG,you can also find them on Amazon.

I am not spending anymore money. I have already spent way too much already. Will just wait see what happens.

If I can get at least 5oz from each plant that is plenty for me.

You won’t have room for 5 oz from each plant. That 5oz plant used the entire space.

1 Like

Well ain’t that just great. Ugh! :confounded: :cry: :tired_face: :weary: :poop:

Still if you could get 2-3 per plant you’re looking at 6-9oz which is excellent for 4sqft of space.

3 Likes

Yeah that should be plenty for me. Missouri only allows you to buy up to 4oz per month from dispensaries unless you have 2 doctors sign off for you to have more. Mine signed off for me to have up to 8oz if I need it and I have yet to use that much in a month.

I just skimed a little here. Was gone for the weekend. I didn’t see which vipar you have. The 300 is super weak. But can grow. I used mine for veg only after buying 2. The 450s are probably their best lite I think. The 600 was ok, covered a little more area. But my 450s were my favorites. I saw above you have a 2x2 tent. Is that the only one you have? If so, I doubt I can help. Just being honest. That is a veg tent. Only saying that because of the height. You take a 12" tall pot, add the 18" space you need to keep the light above the plant and that only leaves you room to grow a 18" tall plant. Just my 02 and being honest of what I see.
I am not trying to bring you down. So lets see if we can help to get this grow to harvest :grin: Here is what I would be trying if this was my grow.
They definitely have to be topped. No way around that. Topping will level your canopy. Not topping will give you a tall main cola that your tent will not be able to handle.
You have some nice girls started. :+1: So, I would start doing some lst now. I will grab a picture of how another member in the lab does his. It helps to bend hard with out up rooting the plant.
Another way I would help contain these is to stress these some down the line. Since my main objective would be to grow nice plants as to giant ones. I think you may still be able to swing about 2 oz for each plant. It might take a little work. But it wouldn’t cost you any thing since you said you don’t want to spend any more right now. Your light is what will limit you.

The up side here is you are going to learn a lot from this grow. So well worth the time in my book :grin:
I am now following. I am not an expert. But am familiar with your light and autos. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Marie73
Dont give up on the light or the advice from others. Good advice is our best friend. What worked well for one might not work so well for another.
Was it the high temps that caused the soil to dry out overnight, causing the plants to wilt?
Was it the stress from changing to a brighter light?
Whats the airflow like in the area?
Can you take a photo with the new set up. Hownit was lastnight when you noticed the wilting plants.
I would stay with the new light myself. Adjust the conditions of the area and examine the plants water intake.

1 Like

I set the new light up around 10am yesterday right before they went into their dark cycle until 6pm. Within an hour the temps soared to 89 F and the humidity drop to 40%. Thye have been used to temps between 68-73F (75F the highest ever on a really warm day) and humidity between 50-60%. I did give them some water last night because soil was getting dry and the humidity came up a little 42-45% and I got the temps down to 75-80F. I was up until 3am this morning babying them. I had to finally get some sleep because I have cancer and I was getting sick. Within the 5hrs sleep I got I woke to find them drooping like this. (Above there is a picture with the new light and set up where I asked why didn’t look as blurple.)

This is how they look this morning.

1 Like

Marie I wish you the best of luck I’ve only been growing about 3 years now my second grow was with a 460 vitaspectra light in a 24”x24” coat closet with the exact strains you are growing they hit the light by the end of the grow and I had 6’ of height you have to give the pot a foot for medium you can’t mount the light directly to roof so your plants can’t be more than 18” in total height ? Autos do what they do the stronger the light the less stretch with 4’ of grow space I would use photo seeds and top also a net or use sea of green method best of luck

2 Likes

You will still be fine if you want to use the light. My room always is at an 84 degree average with the lights on. My day temps have been averaging 95 lately. I am running close to 1200w in my room right now. If you would like to drop the heat level. You can always run your lights on at night and off during the day.
Your plants look good. If the picture is right after or shortly after the lights came on. Droopy leaves are normal. Try not to get frustrated. You have a lot of good people that will help with any issues you may come up against. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

At 3AM this morning they were fine! By 8AM this morning they were drooping and still drooping. I do have them set to go dark during the day. I said that at very beginning the feed here. They don’t look good. They all droopy. The only problem I had before chaing light (which is 300W) was stretching. Now they look horrible.

Hi @Marie73, I can see you are worried and I just wanted to help reassure you. I am brand new to all this too but this site has helped massively with suggestions.

My plant started off horribly! It was verging on death, it looked WAY worse than yours at that age and I was ready to give up. BUT it pulled through.
These little things are so resilient I have no doubt yours will pull through too.

My light broke just as it was entering flowering and I panicked like crazy! Turned out that the plant was just fine (autos are a bit more forgiving), it just took them a few days to adjust to the new light I ordered.

If you haven’t already, get an internal fan in there (just a clip on desk fan type thing) to try and keep it cooler in there and make sure you have good ventilation for new, fresh air.

Also had this great video posted to me about low stress training I found really helpful.

Good luck. You’ll be fine.

CJ. xx

2 Likes

Oh I see you have an internal fan from previous pics. Honestly, just give them a few days to adjust and watch the ph - that was my biggest downfall. xx

1 Like

That new light is 132 true watts. Your previous lights totaled about 30 watts. So your wattage and light output has increased a lot. The plants are likely hitting their DLI (daily light integral) and going to sleep with the lights on where they weren’t before because of low light intensity. They’ll get used to the light and harden off. I run my seedlings under that light as soon as they break soil.

2 Likes

I started off with LED. Then I tried a 315w CMH. It was one off the best things I did. I ended up buying 7 more. Sometimes I have to tie branches up because they’re bending from the weight of the bud.
This is just my opinion. But as a new grower (2 years), I can concentrate on everything else more now.
I have a short ceiling in my flower room. I use fabric pots in a soil mix with perlite and all the fixings. My record is 9 oz. off one plant. I haven’t harvested anything from ILGM yet, but I will be harvesting Bergman’s Gold Leaf this week. I might beat that record. I’ll report somewhere on here after harvest and drying. I’m very new to this forum and I love all the professionalism compared to most blogs and forums. I just need to learn how to properly navigate through here. But I will report my weight from my first grow with ILGM. I have 4 plants to harvest. By looking and estimating, I’m hoping for 2 lbs. That means I would have to average 8 oz off each plant. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

I didn’t think my three vispar looked Blurple either until I bought a spider farmer 2000. Totally different looking light.

I now use the V’s for veg and the spider for bloom.

Sorry I didn’t get through all the posts. Marie. I agree go ask your brother with all the experience. Me I’ll keep having these nice folks help me altruistically on my first ever plant and not blame them for me not controlling my temperature/moisture.

4 Likes

Well I yesterday I decided to pitch the grow tent figuratively speaking. I got to thinking the room I had them in is what I basically call my clean room. It has a air purifier, humidifier, dehumidifier, fan and space heater in it already. I spend most my time in it when I am going through my cancer treatments. So yesterday I decided let them get some natural sun and set them by the window and set up the 2 - 65w and the 1 - 50w bulbs I was using over them. I sat here and watched them perk back up throughout the day and they were loving that sun shining in. By nightfall they had already made huge improvement and I turned all the lights off before I went to bed…figured they will sleep when everyone else sleeps at night. This morning they were perky and have new growth (leaves) sprouting. They seem very content.

Yeah I know there will be some say oh no don’t do that they need be in a tent. But I have never been one to do what everyone else does lol. I am gonna go with my gut and what they tell me they need and want. They seem happy. I guess we will just have wait see what happens.

(no that front one is not yellowing…that from the flash on my camera.)

2 Likes