Not2sureyet and 4 more Durban thai, 2 more TXL 🤫

Glad you figured it out! Hopefully it doesnt happen again

Later when I am doing nothing. I will sit and try and figure out why the plunged hole would do that. So far. All is good though. I will figure it out so it can be prevented. @Myfriendis410 See post 284 since I know you have been busy there. :grin:

3 Likes

Roughly how long do you top feed before turning on the AP’S
5gal pots

1 Like

I put this one in at week 3. I basically go when I think the roots may be close to the bottom. Or basically the air done it sits over. Better waiting a little longer than to early I think. I believe @Nicky does his sooner. He has more grows with these than I do. I figure if the roots are not down there. You have a plant sitting there and not getting fed till they get all the way down. Just my O2 though. I am still feeling these out. Once you get them down. I think they will do well. This grow should let me know how they stack up to top feeding. I know my plants have always like the 3rd day when they just got water.

5 Likes

1 Like

I wait until leafs hit the edge of the pot, then that means to me it’s filled the bottom of the pot with a tap root.
I figure the faster you can turn on the system the better but if you do it to soon thats not good.
Looking at @Not2SureYet I also wouldn’t turn the system on yet for his plant so I think we are on the same page.

Best way to test when the plant does have leaf tips hitting the edge of the pot is to turn the system on for an hour, turn it off and wait. If the water goes away after half a day it’s ready. If the water pools… It’s not

3 Likes

@Nicky, Are you top watering in your autopots? When they are young? Just wondering how you would do your run off like that. I put mine in the autopots when they are ready to be used

1 Like

As soon as my plants come out of the rapid rooter/jiffy pucks they normally go into the 5 gallon fabric pots sitting inside the autopot trays.
I then top water but don’t water to run off or if I do it pools in the bottom of the tray but I try to avoid that.

With my autopotw I don’t water in a circle like before I water straight in the center by the stem and make it go down deep. Intrested in getting that tap root down deep asap.

Making a cloner in the future would be ideal so I could get a nice long root to place in my pot, I think…

2 Likes

Got it. So you don’t soak every thing before you turn these on then. I makes sure to dump at least a half gallon of water to wet all the coco before I put mine in the pots. That would explain why yours show more growth on top early on then. They are Chasing the water down as to the sides too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well, things are still chugging a long here. Little by little these are starting to show I may be getting quiet a few long colas. The little ones in the front are the TXL autos. They are not liking some thing in this grow. They should be bigger than the DT by now.

The front left here is the promix girl

Getting bushy in here

The manatuska shows she was in the one gallon pot to long

8 Likes

Looking good.

1 Like

@Not2SureYet Nice plants

@Nicky In early veg how many watts at what height are you running with the HLG 320

3 Likes

Here is a picture in the dark to show the bud sites a little better. @TLC Till @Nicky finds his way here. I run my 320 at 19" and 140w for veg. Covering 2 plants. If you mean for seedling size. I would turn it all the way down and start at about 24" - 30" Start high and move down every couple days.

8 Likes

I forgot to add the Bubblegum auto in here

12 Likes

@Not2SureYet Thanks I believe I’m on the rite track . Doing 160w @ 24" covering 3 plants.

@Nicky is correct about testing to see if the plants are ready for the AP’S bye filling the tray and shutting it off works like a dream got the DP going testing the GC. Thanks Nicky

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet. Here my bubblegum since cleaning it up per @Nicky and ur request. Doing well buds are fattening good now.

7 Likes

Wow, that is over double what my first was. Sweet :+1: Looks more like my TXL

3 Likes

What did u pull off of ur first one.

@Mark0427 she was only 3 oz. But a pretty plant

6 Likes

@Not2SureYet looking like a forest to me, any idea why the TXL is not going as well as it should be?
Is this your second grow in a row with it right? I’m supprized you grew it again back to back…

So @Not2SureYet gave you a rough estimate but if you really want to figure out what you should be sitting at then you need to learn about DLI

Basically you first need to know your light scedule as per how many on hours you have your lights.
Then find a LUX to PPFD converter, hlg has their own and there are some others online with a drop down menu of your light, make sure you select the right type of light.
Then you input your lux until you find the correct PPFD you want for your set amount of hours. Keeping in mind cannabis likes alot of light and 40-62 DLI is where you want to be.
Use a LUX app on your phone to read what your canopy is getting and then input thst to see where your sitting.

Once you know what your light on your scedule is ideal for veg and for bloom, write those down and then always go back to dailing in your light with a LUX meter rather then your eyes/height because the latter is not reliable.

Of course the whole time you should keep an eye on your node spacing, giving 1inch to an inch and a half node spacing. If it’s to tight you’ll make your plant such a little bush but if it’s to lankey then we know that’s not healthy either.

Ps @TLC time to do a bit more thinning

2 Likes