Not2sureyet and 4 more Durban thai, 2 more TXL 🤫

@Loudman, Here are 4 Durban Thai I have going right now. It is the best strain I have grown yet. :grin:
@TLC, If you want to short cut that :laughing: I can always give a good rough idea since I have the same light. :grin: I like simple. That is why I keep @Myfriendis410 @Nicky around. They remember the complicated stuff :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks set to watching!

You’re in trouble if you are relying on a bunch of stoners haha.

8 Likes

Lol but we are thinkers maaaaan!

4 Likes

Well, I woke up to another flooded room. This time there was maybe 4 gallons left in the rez. With out the liner. It made clean up easier. But this time it went under a wall and into another room. All is cleaned up with fans running. It was the same gogrow pot. I think I know the fix. I just need to get some glue. And will do a fast video of what I think keeps going wrong. And how I plan to fix it. Till then. The valves are off on those to pots. I will remove the aqua valves. And get the clean and ready for glue. Till then. I will just add feed to the tray each morning. Both are in the front where it will be easy to do. So, Looks like I have a little extra work to do today :roll_eyes: @Myfriendis410

6 Likes

@Not2SureYet Unreal I turned on the TW yesterday everything was fine at bed time. Woke up to a wet tent nothing major like yours but never the less.

1 Like

@TLC, are you using autopots or the gogrow. I haven’t had any issues with the autopot brand yet. Sounds like a friend in the lab may have with out sharing that info.

2 Likes

I’m using the auto pot xl. There’s a tab in the front tray where the float mechinism sits. I was on that just a little bit and the the float wouldnt wouldnt fully seat in the seal so water trickled didnt flow over but put water on the floor. Growing Pains :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Good to know. Thanks

1 Like

Please tag me in it so I can learn.

I’m sorry to hear it happened again

2 Likes

I will know in a couple days if my fix worked. At the very least. If it does want to leak. It will be a drop here and there. Not an open valve. I glued both covers on last night. So now, there is no way to sink the floats.

4 Likes

Yes I am interested in what you find as well @Not2SureYet. I have gotten comfortable with my autopots not malfunctioning, but from reading the post about your unfortunate event have gained back some panic about flooding. Sorry that happened boss, but do you think it was from buildup on the silicone plugs making them not seal properly or some other reason?

4 Likes

@Not2SureYet @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @Shaggy @pptrsha1. Orderis in and final. Now the wait til they get here. Got the 260 xls. Excited and they r not even here yet

8 Likes

@Not2SureYet I just noticed this comment.
To be honest I have soaked my pots before but now that I learned my coco is buffered already I figured eh why go through the hassle.
I should soak half and not soak half in the future to see what works better for getting that first growth a little bit out ahead.

@TLC sounds like you didn’t fully set your valve in the tray, is that correct?

1 Like

What does that mean, buffered coco or any other medium? I’m sorry if I asked this before

1 Like

If the coco comes prebuffered, it’s been ph’ed and often has calcium added to it as well.

4 Likes

@Covertgrower so when a medium is pH’ed does that mean you dont have to worry about your water’s pH? Can you please explain to me the concept of pH’ed medium and what to do if it is vs if its not and what does that mean for the grower.

Thanks

Still have to ph going in, but it just means that the manufacturer adjusted the soil/medium to the proper ph. So starting out, you’re good.

1 Like

Can you explain to me the relation between the pH of water going in and pH of medium. For example if a medium is pH’ed to 6.5 what should the pH go in as if its coco and what should the run off be. Im still not clear on the relation of the medium’s pH and water’s pH. I want to be able to know what to do based on the pH of the medium and pH of water going in. Sorry to bother you

@Covertgrower

1 Like

So let’s use your example.
6.5 ph is the medium. Your dumping in 5.8, you trap the run off and you wouldHypothetically get run off say around 6.0-6.2. Approximately. The medium will buffer the nutrients/water going in, the more water you run through it, the more you can change it.

Coco doesn’t have as much buffering qualities as soil does. So it’s a little easier medium to grow in, as it’s easier to change the PH, when you run into an issue. You do have to check ph every time.

Soil you can be pretty lazy and not ph a few times, and it’ll still be okay.

Does this help?

3 Likes