Not really a "topic" but more of a 1st time grow journal

Ha well I have made some steps for some garbage trucks with them…yeah I kinda figured…well guess I’ll raise the screen…always appreciate the input!

I set it at 9" because the explanation I read stated “10-20cm” so went for 9"

And the top of the pot is and inch or two above the actual dirt level…

I actually thought for a minute that being a lil closer would be better with the shorter growing period…but I have no knowledge there lol

1 Like

It might do it I’ve never measured the nets and have only seen my brother do a scrog I haven’t done one myself. His just seemed to be like 16-18" above. I’m sure it’s not the same every time it’s the growers choice where the tops are. I was just looking at another guy’s a little while ago here’s a pic from his or her post

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I said with the autos you could prolly get away with 9"

Wow those look super close… like right on top…idk…EVERYTHING’S a variable to me beings my first actual attempt at this

Give a few things a shot and see what happens…just try not to do anything detrimental to em

1 Like

Looks like he puts something under each plant to make the plant fit the nets

One thing is I won’t be doing autos next …if ever again

1 Like

I’m growing my first autos to, I remember tagging you over

1 Like

I bought like 35 auto seeds figured that’s giving them a fair shot to see if I like em or not

1 Like

I just got 10…and hoping to order a couple mix packs of fems…do 1 of each for a regular grow period and love the harvest…dont get me wrong I’ll love every bit of what hopefully goes right this first grow…but the yield on reg fems vs multiple grows/harvests on autos ABSOLUTELY ain’t worth it to me

5 going now (lost one) and 4 left worst case scenario I’ll do those next and finish em then get new ones

So when ilgm says harvest in 10 weeks for autos…are they counting the seedling/veg part or just talkin bout the flower stage? Same with the fems…says 15-20 weeks…same thing?

1 Like

I watched axman do 8 autos in his 2x4 and pulled out well over a pound which is what gave me the itch to try em out. I’d never really paid much attention to an auto grow i just wasn’t interested. I thought autos were grown by kids with no patience they couldn’t wait the extra 4-6 weeks for real plant to grow lol I was wrong since then I’ve been paying some attention and have seen some nice auto grows. Hell we didn’t have all this fancy shit fem seeds or autos when I started out they didn’t come out until the 90s I believe and I probably didn’t even hear about them until early 2000s

1 Like

I’ve been reading 10-12 weeks for most autos

1 Like

Sorry hit send to quick lol that’s from seed to harvest

Wow I totally misunderstood that description lol…I was going the “impatient” route lol but definitely dont see the benefit and wish I woulda gotten fems

Oh…lol…well my original interpretation of it fell in line with quite a few explanations on here…some saying autos took more than regs(15 weeks) and some saying JUST flower will be 10 weeks