Not really a "topic" but more of a 1st time grow journal

You’ll stumble around your first grow but they’ll do fine and heres a tip if the pots don’t take effort to lift on your watering days you’re not watering enough

I do think i may be going a little light on watering but they look bright and healthy, the oldest 2 are maybe a 1.5 weeks since poking out of the dirt …but plan on watering again tomorrow. It is warm (70’s-80) and humid (55%-70%) in there though

1 Like

my camera on my phone really sucks but these are the oldest 2

1 Like

I stick my finger in up to the 2nd knuckle and its cool and damp feeling but certainly not wet or sticks to my finger or anything

1 Like

The cool part is why i have it warm in there…its set up in my basement…i do have it off the cold cement floor and on a pallet but that core soil temp is no where near 80…65 at best…looking at heating mats but im not trying to add too many more electricity drawing things…

Well they got a good drink tonight instead…5 liters of water between the three in big pots and a tad for the two youngsters in the solo cups

although i will say i dont have that ph/ec pen yet…going to order one…so never checked that aspect of it yet besides a pool test strip in the tap water which all look good …but not run off …actually only ever had run off from the small cups haven’t put enough water in the big ones to have runoff…i will though once i get my pen thing

1 Like

I might add that the last 2 are the only ones that i put in a solo cup…the other 3 went right in the big pots after germ

1 Like

So every time I water im supposed to water it enough to run out through the bottom of those grow bags to check it compared to what went in?

PPFD is the acronym i was thinking of for the light output …recommended 1040ppfd for a 4x4 tent and my current KingLED specs says its like 925ppfd…BUT email said my mh/hps outlet/shroud should be here tomorrow and i received my carbon filter also so will get that hung

Ugh lol…it was just a replacement bulb not the outlet and shroud and it was just delivered now not tomorrow :man_facepalming:

I’d like to tag along as I’m starting gg autos next grow. I am finishing up my 1st grow soon and plan on popping seeds in the next week or two. Your setup and plan looks solid to me!

1 Like

@Calizona absolutely the more the merrier! I sure hope my setup works out…still have a few adjustments to make but really hoping all 5 plants do well!!

1 Like

I have found the “adjustments” are never ending! Almost everyday I think of something new to add or adjust. And having all this amazing help on here just keeps it that much more interesting. Always something new to try!

1 Like

I always heard with autos, do not water until run off wait until the plants are at least 4 weeks old.

1 Like

This is my first auto grow if you would like to follow along.

2 Likes

Sweet maybe that’s why they look ok then…and hell yeah I’ll check it out, always trying to see and learn more

Hey guys it’s don’t water to runoff until you start feeding them nutes, the reason for watering to runoff is to wash away any unused nutes in the soil so they don’t start to buildup and cause a problem. The buildup of nutes will throw the ph in the soil way out of wack and cause a lockout in your plants they then get hungry and or sick

1 Like

So I made some stands for my plants in the tent so once I start feeding I can check runoff and whatnot …I currently have a scrog screen set up 9" above the top of the fabric grow bags and these stands will raise them about 4"…now I have heard scrog is pointless/not meant for autos but was gonna give it a shot anyway…will moving them 4" closer to the screen be a problem?

4 Likes

Nice stands they look like the steps on my ol perterbilt… your scrog net being 5" above is probably way to short 9 I think might even have been to close, but you might have been able to get away with 9 because they’re autos though

1 Like