NJ Outdoor Year 1

All is going well since moving the plants out of deer range. Those bastards eat everything, and let themselves right in to my pool yard. I have been watering 1-2 gallons in the morning depending on how much rain we have been getting, and some mist on hot afternoons when I get home. They get direct sun from 9:30am to about 4 pm, and seem to be taking advantage of it!

When I re-potted everything in the begining of june I used FFOF and couldn’t have been happier with the results so far. Just started with some light feedings when I started to ramp up the trimming, topping, and training at the begining of July.

So far so good!

1 Like

Nice looking plants!

1 Like

Thanks @AAA ! I’m super excited with how well it’s coming along :grin:

Looks like I have some pests…

This is one of the lowest fan leaves on one of the larger plants…suggestions on pest control? I’ve read neem oil, or food grade DE on the soil…also just read a recipe for garlic/hot pepper spray

leaf miners

This looks promising!

This plant is a month younger than the one in the previous picture, is it just me or does that look like a ball…

First pic I see a hair. Second pic I don’t see a ball.

I’m hoping it just needs more time to grow into a female part, it is a month younger than the one that is showing the hair

Looks female to me it is teardrop shaped

1 Like

@dbld55 :+1:

Made a fish emulsion spray today, inspired by @Growyourown

They seem to like it, very little insect damage, only one the one leaf that was removed, I spent some time after work today aerating the soil in my pots, following up with a light watering and some diluted fish emulsion spray. We are just getting into 90s and full on humidity for a week or so…bring on the sun!

1 Like

Wow! Those plants are beautiful!

Thank you! Bagseed! 4/5 are throwing hairs so far, finger crossed for 5/5!

1 Like

Even if you got 4/5 females from bagseed, you got extremely lucky.
I’ve had to cull many males this year. Next year I’ll be ordering genetics.

I had this discussion recently with the guy that the seeds came from, as well as earlier in this thread…they were the result of a plant going hermaphrodite due to light exposure fluctuations and it pollinated his whole crop, and I got a large portion of said crop, and that is how you get feminized seeds I thought?

1 Like

Either way I’m extremely pleased with how they are coming along as this is my first year, I must say it seems going to airpots and good potting soil made the world of difference!

Also 2 of em got cleaned off completely in the end of may by deer

Oh yeah I believe I remember reading that part of this post a while back. And I think that is right. I read they force their females to produce pollen and pollinate other female flowers, removing the male chromosome.

I was just thinking they were regular bagseed lol I had to cut down way too many this year.

Well I guess technically they were bagseed cause he threw that whole crop together when it got compromised, multiple strains, and I got a very large bag of that, and picked out all the seeds…