New to growing, 1st timer

Sorry I remember, you only grow from clones.

You can just plant the seed in it’s forever home. Best way to do it is water in a small ring around the seedling once it pops, not directly on it. It’ll reach its roots out to find the water.

Sorry, had a busy weekend.

I would just try whatever you bought and see how it goes. You may find the light included in kit is good enough for now and other stuff is more pressing.

No problem. I actually have some high CBD feminized hemp and three seeds I found in buds this year. Come Spring I will be trying my hand at sprouting!

1 Like

@Graysin so plant the seed in the forever pot, make a ring around it in the medium and put the water onky in the ring correct?

1 Like

@dbrn32 (no problem) I already ordered the 320 HLG light before you commented to use in the tent because I can use the light that comes in the kit to expand my indoor vegetable garden.

2 Likes

I think that both your weed and your vegetables grows will thank you for it

So I been reading a ton off the site downloads I was reading the pruning techniques last night. Topping, fimming, lollipopping, HST & LST etc. Towards the end as I understand it tho you don’t prune auto flowering plants (except already dying leaves)? Or maybe it just meant not to ever prune auto flowering plants during the flowering stage at all …But instead I will do LST it looks like to for higher yield… Am I understand all that correctly?

I think most people still lollipop autos - it helps with airflow so the lower buds don’t suffocate or develop bud rot. I have fimmed an auto with great success (til it was a male). I have one auto right now that had no training at all and it’s a very classic single cola with not a lot to offer. I highly recommend a FIM or a top at the 4th node the moment you see one, but LST is always good by itself or combined with a fim or a top.

Pretty much yep. I flip a solo cup upside down over the top of my seeds and pour water onto the bottom of the cup. It runs off and waters in a perfect circle around the seedling.

Ps sorry I’m out of likes :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

@Graysin Thanks the solo cup makes perfect sense :ok_hand: yeah looking back at it, it said never prune auto flowering in the end of the article under don’t prune during flowering. So I was thinking about topping, and lollipopping at least one or two of my first plants. Think I’m going to seed 4 plants and see how well I can do. Now is there any reason to lollipop and LST?

Always lollipop, top, and LST. Only exception to that is topping autos- I recommend a FIM instead. Less stressful for the plant and faster recovery but similar if not better results.

@Graysin in the article it recommends not fimming indicas because they grow so slow… are you fimming auto indicas?

I fimmed a Super Skunk auto, seemed fine.

@Graysin ok…so if I understand this correctly. If you top you get 2 main colas but if you fim you get 4 main colas? And topping is actually harder on the plants…

Nevermind I rechecked it and topping give 4 main colas also its just harder on the plant👍

Topping will generally give 2 unless you top twice I think. Each time you top, it splits into two new offshoots. A fim is a random chance at 2-4 I believe.

Should have my kit Friday, can’t wait to get started and see how it goes!

1 Like

1st timer question: Ready to switch from veg stage to flowering stage (Indoor grow). Should timer be adjusted incrementally from 18-6 to 12-12, or abruptly? If incrementally is advised, over what period of time?

2 Likes

Hey @Jack861 - welcome aboard.

Need some info though. Are your plants autoflowers or are they photoperiod? If they’re autos, you don’t really get to decide when they flower, they’ll do it when they’re ready. You can leave them on 18/6 indefinitely. If photos and you’re ready, you can put your lights on the 12/12 abruptly - no incremental adjustment needed - and sit back and wait. It can take up to 2 weeks for your plant to adjust to the new light cycle and start flowering.

Photos would help.

@Graysin my kit will be here tomorrow, what light schedule should I run my light at. There gonna be auto flowering so I know it doesn’t make a hugh difference as long as they get to rest some so what you think?

1 Like