New grower/should i harvest?

wow that’s amazing! This is only my first grow… so still really new at it

1 Like

High,
Yep it’s my second grow. Listen to these people in here they know what they’re talking about. I used some of their tips and suggestions and you see how my grow is going. Here’s an under the canopy look Ger

4 Likes

They are cool
Ger

what do you recommend for drying time and curing? I have no way to check temps inside jars when it comes to curing

Cool 60°F at 60% humidity if you can. Or as close
To that as possible.

how long to dry though? i’ve been told 2 weeks and someone else had told me a month to dry

High,
I would go at least 7 days. You want the stalks to bend more than break. I dried my first grow for about 7 days and one had to go closer to 10 days. Then I put is mason jars and “burped” them a couple times a day. By “burping” I took lid off and let old air out and took new air in. You have to watch for mold at this time too. I think others will chime in too. It takes some time. Don’t rush it. Patience.
Keep asking questions the people in here will certainly help you and me too.
Ger

1 Like

How long it takes to dry is dependent on the conditions. Like Ger mentioned, you want the stems to bend but not snap.

1 Like

High,
Hey looks like we might get a frost tomorrow. I certainly do not want to lose my girls to a frost. What would be the best way to go? Cover them with bed sheets, burlap, plastic?
Thanks
Ger

1 Like

@marandaleeanne26
@Kevfrmthestl
High,
Looks like we might get. A frost tomorrow. Cover your ladies up with something
Ger

2 Likes

i covered mine up with plastic! its all i had.

1 Like

I’m way south but thanks for the heads up. I’m in MO but it’s going to get a chill in here tomorrow. High of 71 :fearful: low of 46.

I would go with plastic to keep the moisture off. I’ve suggested to others if your able gas heater or a fire close by to keep those temps up.

High yep I planned on using my portable propane heater on low using plastic
Thanks
Ger

High,
Plastic is good​:v:t3::christmas_tree:
Ger

2 Likes

ill do a picture update sometime this week! hope everyone is having a fantastic day

How are they looking? It’s more leafy then it is bud form. is it suppose to be like that? my bud doesn’t look like anyone elses plants i’ve seen. getting close to harvest time to

High,
Looking pretty good and pretty close. Do you have a jewelers loop? If so, Check the trich’s if all cloudy it’s ready unless you want a more relaxed buzz. If you do you can let the trich’s get more amber. You can take a close up with your phone and enlarge too. I did that last year lmao. It worked but the loop is much better.
Ger

I’ll have to do it with my phone lol. Everywhere online said you’d be able to see the bud for underneath but i don’t on mine its all leafy and i don’t know if that’s normal or not

Well it looks like all bud to me! Did you trim the fan leaf’s