New grower/should i harvest?

When should i harvest? i’m a first time grower! don’t have any tools needs to look at the trichomes. any and all advice and help is welcomed!

1 Like

All pistils should be brown.
Looks like you may also have thrips or spider mites.

Based off of the way she looks, 2-3 more weeks possibly. They’ll bulk up quite a bit during this time. Hope this helps!

4 Likes

will that effect the bud at all on my plant?

1 Like

It can, I recommend picking up some captain jacks deadbug for at least the next grow cycle.

Also would do a peroxide bath after chopping.

1 Like

You will want to do a bud wash after harvest look on YouTube for Jorge Cervantes he does a good informative video

1 Like

is there any kind of homemade spray solutions i can make that is safe to spray on the plant?

You can use garlic as a base and even use some soap but that’s only really during veg do a google search on organic bug spray . Capt jacks can be used during flower but you’re so far along in flower. You really want to start preventive in veg so this doesnt happens when it really counts. I’d say go without till you finish but that’s your call. I see a bug I’m like kill em all. If you do get jacks and spray definitely do a bud wash once you harvest. You got 3-4 weeks till harvest. Keep us posted on how it goes. It doesn’t look bad. Are you using nutrients?

1 Like

i only got a few weeks left until harvest so I’m probably gonna go without until i finish. And no nutrients just planted the seeds and let them grow. Didn’t have the money to spend on nutrients and what not. And i’ll keep you all updated as the weeks go on! Do you cure you’re weed after it dies also? i keep getting mixed comments when it comes to that

1 Like

The best way to cure your harvest, is 50% RH at 60°F. As close to that as possible.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help! just trying to do the best i can with my plants with what i got. hoping in the end they turn out good.

3 Likes

Exactly! I already know. They are our babies and the things we do. Curing is a whole other monster. Cut them and hang in the Dark, low humidity 70 degrees and air movement not on the plants. Lots of info out there but that’s the basics. You do that and you’ll be good. Read as much as you can on here and ask people by adding tag @marandaleeanne26

1 Like

Thank you for your help! it’s greatly appreciated! Now i play the waiting game and see how it will all turn out. I can’t wait to harvest starting to feel impatient lol.

2 Likes

Just count the weeks it’s easier that way. This hobby is the ultimate test in patience. If you don’t have it now you soon will. :crazy_face: I will say this if you can for next run or even the end of this one I recommend bulidabloom for flower. This will fatten them up. It’s 25 bucks you add to the water. What soil are you using? Curious.

i will have to do that! if i can remember :rofl: and i’m just using soil from my own back yard. I’ve used no nutrients or anything on my plants.

1 Like

It’s good soil if you’ve gotten this far without nutrients.

@marandaleeanne26 start researching the dry and cure process. This will be an important step to having good buds. There’s tons of different methods just see what would work best for you in your situation

I’ve been doing a lot of research. still not sure how i wanna do it because i want them to turn out good. I don’t have any of the necessary things needed for the right drying process, or when it comes to curing as well. So i’m just gonna do the best i can and hope it turns out good!

1 Like

Sounds like you have a good plan then. That’s what I’ve done also. I live in a hot climate so its hard to get my temps down. I’ve found the cardboard box near an ac vent works best for me.

Most of the white hairs have darkened on some of the bud

1 Like

You need a jeweler’s loupe or a microscope to check trichomes but generally when all the pistils turn brown its time