New grower looking for wisdom

Said a mouthful there. Likewise on outdoor growing and whoooo wheeee what a learning experience indoor growing was :love_you_gesture:.

Also important to note that when following the FF Trio feed schedule there are flushes in the schedule that should not be ignored.

1 Like

Do you have to use that sledgehammer or can you just flush with tap water after you let it sit out for 24 hours.

1 Like

Thursday makes for weeks for my plants so if i start feeding them following the fox farm schedule i would start week 1 in the black area.

Only using a 1/4 of all 3 plus Cal mag

1 Like

@Borderryan22 would have better advice on that, I haven’t used it myself.

1 Like

You dont have to use the Sledgehammer but follow the flushing with a beneficial microbes dose and nutrients around 1000 PPMs :love_you_gesture:

What is your nutrient mix PPMS? In veg shoot for 900, flower 1000-1100. Soil PH 6.5-6.8 coco 5.6-6.0 :love_you_gesture:

My meter want be here until Thursday so when i get it i am going ti feed plants with distilled water measure runoff PPM and if below 1000 feed. I am in soil

1 Like

Thanks for any knowledge shared i am learning so much.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @Underthestairs. What are we asking? Sorry been installing home surveillance all day. The FF feed schedule? You can start at week 1, and if you need to do a week twice here and there for extended veg, I don’t think it would hurt. Since the schedule only covers 5 weeks of veg. Just be sure to check runoff when you feed. FF is notorious for buildup at the root zone.

1 Like

Ok will do it says flush every 3 weeks is that also your recommendation.

I do suggest it, because they do. To me, if a company says to flush because their nutrients can buildup at the roots, it reads as a caution.

1 Like

Do you use the sledgehammer flush?

Yep. Mind you I’m not using their nutrients ATM, just their soil. But I flush one gallon through 5 gallon bags. Followed with a gallon or two of tap water pH’ed to 6.4 or so, then when it stopped draining, followed with a full strength feed. When you flush you are loosening and rinsing all the buildup. The plain water follow up rinses away loosened up excess. Just check the runoff ppm, and make sure it is under 1,000 before feeding.

1 Like

So after a flush you give it a full dose of nutrients do you let it dry out before you feed it. Also thanks for sharing your knowledge

1 Like

No thanks needed man, that’s what this place is for! To your question, yes, pretty much. After flush, immediately do a rinse of plain pH’ed water, to rinse away excess Sledgehammer and broken up nutes. Don’t wait for it to dry. After the rinse, don’t let it dry, go ahead and feed. So it’ll be like this…

1. Flush
  2. Rinse
  3. CHECK PPM’S. If they are still over 1,000, do step 2 again. If they are reeeeeally high, may need to go back 1. Under 1,000ppm proceed to…
  4. Full strength feed. Do this within a few minutes of the rinse.

Remember, when mixing nutes, always make sure you pH the solution between 6.2-6.8, after mixing.

Ok thanks man i got some ph up/ dwn coming friday along with cal mag and PH meter and TDS pen coming Thursday didn’t relazie all this science in growing indoor Marijuana

2 Likes

Anytime Grow Bro, this community is full of great cultivators and want everyone to succeed. You mentioned distilled water, is your tap water bad? I would test my tap when the meter comes in, distilled water will be missing necessary minerals like calcium and magnesium so a calmag supplement will be needed when feeding :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yes, like @OGIncognito said. Distilled and RO water don’t really have a pH since they’re neutral, and their PPM’s are so low readings aren’t accurate.

Adding CalMag will give the water a pH. If you’re using tap water, it usually has enough minerals and other stuff in it that you don’t have to supplement with calmag. It still doesn’t hurt to add calmag between feedings, but always make sure, whether feeding or watering, your pH is in range.

Also, very important if you’re using tap, let it sit for at least 24 hours with a loose lid of some type, so that the water can dechlorinate. I’m not sure if that’s been covered, but tap water has chlorine and plants no likey. Leaving it out before using it gets rid of the chlorine.

1 Like