New grower looking for wisdom

Yeah i plan on PH tap water Thursday when meter comes in. Should let tap water sit 24 hours uncapped then PH it? Don’t know if chlorine cause any funny PH reading

I just filled a 5 gallon bucket and let it sit for a day with a lid not snapped on, but just setting on top. It’s better to pH the water when you will use it. Just scoop a gallon, add your nutrients, then pH.

A lot of growers get away with mixing a large batch of nutes, pH’ing it, and using what they need over a few days. Only issue there, is that the pH drifts and has to be adjusted if it gets out of range.

Thanks man learning alot

1 Like

I’m relatively new myself. Only been growing less than a year. But 99% of what I’ve learned came from all the awesome and helpful growers from this forum.

1 Like

Yeah all i been doing is reading even bought a book from Amazon but until you are actually in the moment you just don’t know that you have to fight humidity, temperature, PH,PPM, and all other nutrients can’t forget about getting the right lighting

1 Like

Don’t leave air flow off the list either :rofl: but ya, the hundred something I spent on beans quickly turned into a couple grand of equipment and various nutrients and all that jazz. Haven’t bought any bud in months, though. My last harvest put me at like a zero point so now even growing is minimal spending. I don’t sell it, I was spending 5 grand a year tho :grimacing: .

I haven’t smoked it snice 99 my wife smokes it but it is 100 legal now but not sure what workman compensation would say if you got hurt on job and failed hearing they going to amend Marijuana from drug test. After i seen the price now days for weed I new it was time to start growing.

1 Like

I’m in a no-no state, but that is one of my concerns should we decide to get our heads in the game. But should it be legal here, my wife is a highly trained/skilled professional nurse who has been dabbling in cannabis nursing literature.

1 Like

My wife is a nurse to and i am an electrician neither one of us can afford to loose our jobs but after her 12 hour shifts it helps her back and feet and beats pain meds.

1 Like

Don’t think anybody can right now. Hope the gray areas get sorted out for you. We’re still in infancy of medical legalization strictly limited to severe/terminal patients.

Got my meter and checked the runoff on all three plants 1690,1730, and 1770 also PH out was around 6.9 for all 3 plants used distilled water for test. I have 5 gallon bucket of tap water setting out but checked PH of it and it was 7.3 so will that go down after sitting for 24 hours.

1 Like

The PH 7.3 for tap isn’t bad. Those run off PPMs are high for me personally. I would water feed and flush at the same time with a PH of 6.2 to get that in range of 6.5 and PPMS around 1000 :love_you_gesture:

I got some PH up/ down coming friday and got some sledgehammer flush coming too also some cal mag but i see where you said it is already in tap water.

1 Like

What can you flush with until i get the sledgehammer in. I knew you rinse with plain water PH 6.2 to 6.9 after you flush.

Have you tested your tap TDS? I use tap and it’s 7.1 and 60 PPMS. I use jacks 321 so I don’t start adding calmag until flowering. You don’t need the sledgehammer. I used FF trio on my 1st grow and flushed without it, just follow up with nutrients and some beneficial microbes. Recharge is great for these bacteria and fungi that store nutrients to feed the root system :love_you_gesture:

Yeah my tap water is 7.3 PH and 45 PPM so keep flushing until under 1000 then give full dose of nutrients. Would that be your approach or should i wait for the PH up/ down to come in so i can adjust water after adding nutrients

2 Likes

I would wait until you could PH your tap water for flushing and mixing nutrients.

1 Like

Ok thanks

Ya Sledgehammer isn’t necessarily required, just recommended. It’s part of the schedule that’s the only reason I suggest it. Having said that, I only used it a total of I only mixed 2 gallons of it between 3 plants so by no means did I follow the schedule lol. Your PPM’s aren’t major high so pH’ed tap water should be fine.

1 Like

Thanks for helping me get a game plan down I will post pics in a few days after i flush and feed.

1 Like