Never too late grow journal …

I think I finished pouring around 11pm so like 17 hrs. I gave it a wobble at about the 14 hour mark.

Also you know I’m out of likes
:heart:

2 Likes

Wow you must have had much more than I !!

1 Like

Dude I have no idea I thought it was a meager amount but once it was in the mason jar I was shook. I gave it a 10 sec swirl, poured out the EC, refilled with fresh EC and gave the next round a proper shake and poured that out too. It’s bright green and shows no signs of evaporating any time soon.

It may actually smell like weed instead of EC now, not sure. Not actually tall enough to smell it from on top of the fridge.

1 Like

Lolol …shut up you aren’t tall enough silly ass

And wait why are we exchanging ever clear ?

I only poured everclear into the jar one time just enough to cover the material …shook the F out of that for like 5 minutes tops
Then for an hour back in the freezer shaking for a minute or two every 15 …
Then strain it …once through a cheesecloth
And then immediately after through 2 coffe filters …that’s what I evaped

Sounds like your trying to evap everclear left over form the saint paddy’s day bar crawl

Because you sent me a guide that said to :rofl:

But in all fairness the half bottle didn’t cover my trim, so it would have taken the whole bottle whether I did one long vigorous shake or the two rounds of meek swishing. :laughing:

1 Like

Yes. It smelled like it last night.

1 Like

Lol …
So I followed @Caligurl Qwet post on her concentrates blog …so I hope that’s the guide I sent you …
And it never says to dump out the everclear and replace it with fresh everclear so that’s why I asked …

Sounds like also when you poured out the first time it had stripped off trichs in it too ?

Ohhh wait I’m a dummy

You were making vape stuff so I did send you that other one

Yep. It was probably the most “pure” trics I was gonna get - nice and almost clear. Second pour was real neon green. It’s all in the same pan (so like why did I bother doing it twice? Jury is still out on that one) evaporating.

1 Like

Your good then it may just take longer and my bad I forgot you wanted to make vape out of it so ypu followed the right thing

Lol yes. Although based on @Caligurl ’s method and the one I followed, I’d be surprised if I can’t use mine for both vape and edibles. It looks like the end result is the same. Just slightly different technique

was gonna tell lacewing I’ve made chocolate “from scratch” and had to temper it. It’s NOT hard to do. I’m interested in your methods Caligurl as i DID learn from various online sources and i’m certain you have a better way :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was very interested in this too …
On her blog it said to just leave a few pieces out and add when adding the concentrate

1 Like

yeah you set some to the side. i had a mounds/almond joy recipe is where i learned how to do it and i dabbled once in TRYING to make a “payday” type (disastrous, was more like payday CLUMPS, lol, still AWESOMESAUCE good though!!!). Came out like “turtles” in the gourmet bins of chocolates, haha. No one knew the difference they WEREN’T supposed to be like that either. Y’ALL are the first ones i’ve admitted it was supposed to be payday candybar type but once it overpowered the butter on my hands and was sticking i had to just fling clumps onto the pan :smiley: :smiley: :D. Then you drizzle the tempered chocolate on them and let it cool/harden :slight_smile:

Here’s the report, Boss.

It looks like about 1/3rd has evaporated. You can see the line where it used to be if you stare real hard.

Holy Carp man, thats a lot of everclear, did you add a full handle? and why so damn green, you have a boatload of chlorophyll. I’d re-run that with another 1/4 lb.

A veritable sh!tload. And honestly I have no idea why - compared to the strategy of shaking it to texas and back I’d expect it was less not more.

I’m strongly considering using a water soak next time I try this to get some of the plant matter TF out before passing through the EC.

1 Like

No no no…no water, that’ll drag more chlorophyll. It’s still gonna work for you, just gonna carry that flavor, and evaporating $40 in EC gonna catch the wallet quick.

1 Like

Good god where are you that 750ml of EC costs that much? $9.99 from my friendly neighborhood booze emporium.

That was my thought - soak in water, dump the chlorophyll-saturated water out, dry out the trim, then do the wash. Since the terps aren’t water soluable I shouldn’t lose any potency that way, yeah?

Yeah, I figure it’ll taste like sh!t but hopefully since it’s going into vape juice the factory formulated Zkittlez terps will mask the green ick a little bit.

PS I am living for the information, don’t think I have a friggin clue what I’m doing. If there’s a better approach I’m absolutely here for it.