Neofirebird's What's Growing On? An ongoing journal

I’m using GH trio switched back to this feed chart. I’m also running Cal mag 2ml/gallon all the way through tapering in last two weeks, silica, hydroguard and great white. Just got some dry koolbloom for the final couple weeks on this grow. I’m feeding at the medium rate although I was using aggressive feeding that burned these light feeders.

2 Likes

Forgot to add silica is 2.5 ml/gallon I did cut back the Cal mag to 2ml/gallon I add hydroguard 2ml/gallon almost a scoop of the great white for three gallons of solution. Just started adding the powered koolbloom on all three plants at 1/4 tsp/gallon. Just re did all buckets with the koolbloom as I understand it finishes the plant and to add at end of cycle. @peachfuzz

2 Likes

I saved that chart. I am going to have to print it out so I can really look at things. My brain is fuzzy now. But it is completely different than the bottles. I know they are just a basic starter and don’t break it down as far. Ok, putting these side by side. I see where I am looking wrong. I was looking at these as tsp since it what I go by :roll_eyes:

1 Like

In vegg I use as follows , number of mills to a gallon of water…
1 mill silica
3 mill cal-mag
4 mill micro
2 mill bloom
6 mill grow
2 mill diamond nectar
1 mill orca
2 mill hydrogard

Transition is as follows …
1 mill silica
3 mill cal-mag
4 mill micro
4 mill bloom
4 mill grow
2 mill diamond nectar
1 mill orca
2 mill hydrogard

Bloom as follows…
1 mill silica
3 mill cal-mag
2 mill magnum
4 mill micro
6 mill bloom
2 mill grow
2 mill diamond nectar
1 mill orca
2 mill hydrogard
2 mill crystal burst
2 mill snow storm ultra
2 mill turpinator
2 mill g-13 gravity

That’s it in a nut shell and I never change this recipe…
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I use these to measure - much more accurate and easy to use. @Not2SureYet Amazon.com

1 Like

Okay well five days later… Lemon skunk almost done

Critical Purple Kush fattening up
Finally Northern Lights couple weeks out
Hope my growmies are doing well :grin::v:

7 Likes

Looking great!

3 Likes

@peachfuzz I looked at your bloom part of your chart Some of your additives I don’t use. But - for three gallons I would’ve been low IMHO on silica so I am continuing the 2.5ml/gallon I’ve been feeding I cut back the Cal mag to your suggestion. I was using more hydroguard and lots of great white. I cut that down to the amounts you recommended and switched up to just orca. This is the second week of issuing dry koolbloom. I can see it’s making the pistils darken and it seems to be finishing them compared to what they looked like. I also used floralious first time in this grow - I stopped that too. I read somewhere else you said shit in hydro :roll_eyes::person_shrugging:. I’m cutting down and simplifying it now. I fed 1/4tsp/gallon except for northern lights she is a light feeder or just this pheno type - so only 1/2tsp for all three gallons so as not too hot her too hard with high P&K. To finish I used less m,g and bloom (GH) like half your rate (on the oldest - Lemon Skunk and Critical Purple Kush) combined with the dry koolbloom we’ll see how they like it. And the pics first Lemon Skunk

Critical Purple Kush (only photo)
Lastly, Northern Lights

4 Likes

Wow the ladies are looking amazing Neo! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Well let’s have a look see - Critical Purple Kush

Lemon Skunk starting to show a bit of amber, so I cut a couple branches and left the rest to finish.

Northern Lights doing her thing

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

4 Likes

Night before last in my determination to get ahead of myself and back on point :point_right: today I present an ILGM White Widow auto

5 Likes

Almost above ground already - a day later

And I dropped another purple power flower not pictured yet - a Purple Punch auto from Barney’s. They actually claim this can do seed to harvest in sixty days :joy::joy::person_shrugging::grin::v: well I expect to spend three months or twelve weeks but I’m game for a quick one. :smirk::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::roll_eyes::v:

4 Likes

ILGM White Widow bucketed. I saw her tap root came through the plug a couple inches… Back light pulled up high and dimmed and I set the rooter plug onto of a couple inches of hydroton and covered up past side holes finally pH’d the water Boom!

4 Likes

@peachfuzz I’m gonna sit nute free and mix them in after she’s had time to drop some roots until showing through the hydroton past the net. Out would you mix it in sooner? I’ve done it like that in the past but it blurs the line in when she should be feeding week two as there is just starting to show roots… Thoughts

2 Likes

I would wait till the little round leafs turn yellow and start to die …
Then I would start to add nutrients…
So I use a 3 gallon bucket dwc for young plant’s and I add 1 gallon of nutrients at what I have shared before to 2 gallons of good water with a ph of 5.5 and no more than 15 ppm to start new plant’s…
2 weeks later I add 2 gallons of nutrient to 1 gallon of the same water…
2 weeks later they get 3 gallons of nutrient water

2 Likes

Okay, but I am gonna put great white in the water when I see roots. I thought your chart was per gallon amounts. But you delude it by a third, then taper that - I will go by the week one rate of 2.5/gallon of all three parts GH. I also add 1.5 ml silica, 2.5 Cal mag and hydroguard 2ml/gallon. :grin::v:

1 Like

My goal this time @peachfuzz is to not burn them - like every time that’s the goal but I’ve worked on following them ppm wise closer :face_with_monocle::person_shrugging: I’ll see how close I can go with your suggested feed rate - crossed with what I don’t use on it. All the while watching ppms I’m going for a fun full grow with those red LST clips and new matched lights running back on 18/6 autos only - a giant pair of gals. :grin::v:

2 Likes

That’s how I do it when starting from scratch with seeds…
Once they start to get going , than they get the full nutrient recipe…

2 Likes

Critical Purple Kush looking :fire: really dense buds. I’m looking at trichomes and thinking she can show some more amber before chop - but I’m really at the mercy of my Purple Punch auto she may pop later but won’t hit a rooter and need a bucket until this weekend.

ILGM White Widow doing her thing.

5 Likes

ILGM White Widow

popped a week ago still holding off on nutes until I see roots. This time I put a good couple inches of hydroton balls under the rooter. And have lights up high dimmed getting the veg stretch I blew last time with 100% lights and up close. Live and learn. Speaking of which the Barney’s purple punch still hasn’t cracked! So while I wait before tossing it - I’ve added another tasty sounding strain (different vendor) blueberry glue waiting to pop.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! :grin::v:

5 Likes