Naturalmedmans 2022 outdoor grow

Id be going by the rot. The trichs look good for my tastes, but if you are contending with bud rot, the sooner the better for harvesting in my opinion. Especially if you will be gone for an extended period of time.

Id hate to see you come back to a brown plant…:cry:

3 Likes

^^^this.

Hey that’s exactly the reason why I would cut this. And I even if it’s slightly early, a little early is better than nothing at all

2 Likes

I see plenty amber its safe to harvest

3 Likes

Found some more rot. It’s getting chopped in a few minutes. Thanks for the advice! @Dforce @Cantgetnosatisfaction @Deez @SilvaBack203 @thedeernad @krismwright

3 Likes

Alright!! Harvest time :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s not just budworms? Usually you can cut that part off and treat the plant with BT if you wanted to go longer but it’s up to you I’m not sure what’s going on🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

Here’s the end result. As I was harvesting I found more rot and cut a bunch out. In total I probably lost half the plant between today and previous cuts. I’m guessing this will be about a half ounce when dry.

Buds I cut due to rot (I probably cut more than needed, but I don’t like to mess with mold).

I’m not sold on autos for outdoors. This was supposed to be a rot resistant strain. I really thought I’d avoid the rot issues I had at the end of last season by starting early and finishing early, but instead I just got a small plant that rotted. I also feel like the bud structure isn’t as good as photos. On the bright side, I did get some buds early in the season and they smell great.

@krismwright didn’t find any worms. Just the typical gnat here and there, and a small spider. It has to be the humidity where I live. I’m going to try agrowlyte on the Durban when it’s we’ll into flowering as @SilvaBack203 and @Dforce.

Thanks to everyone for your support on this! It’s always a learning experience and was fun. You all are awesome! Looking forward to trying out these buds once cured. :crazy_face:

Looking forward to finishing the season with the Durban photo and watching everyone else’s grows!

4 Likes

Do you have a dehumidifier for your tent? Also what were your humidity levels in flower

1 Like

Well some is better than none. We have a problem like that down here . Every time it’s a worm. They live in the flower poop and when the flower dies they crawl out and go to another place to eat . I don’t know what kind of moths those are that lay the eggs. If you ever seen a moth at early flower they lay eggs. It’s just like a worm in an apple the holes come from it eating it’s way out .
I’ve read you state no worms though. I guess humidity is a killer on herb .
I treat the early flowers with bacillus thuringiensis. Sometimes at morning water run moth fly out of the plants so I know it’s time to put that stuff on them . I cover the plant entirely

3 Likes

Damn man cant like that. At least u still got to save some bud

2 Likes

Wow that sucks man! Not doubting your assessment about “no worm’s” but that looks exactly like my buds that were decimated by the dreaded caterpillar… It doesn’t really look like rot…to me anyway. As far as Autos outdoors the only negative thing Ive experienced was not with any growth problems but only the Caterpillar prob. Hang in there! you’ve got a great garden with all the vegetables & Herbs etc. I used to grow all kinds of fruits and vegetables…Now all I have left is the One fruit tree and three citrus…Im focusing my attention on the “Budz” for now :stuck_out_tongue:
After going back to the top of your post and seeing this pic that you posted To me it definitely the catters!! Thats what they do they attack the stem and leave those marks…Then the buds wilt away…!! see how its all chewed up on the stem above your thumb.Thats 100% Catters bro! I hate them SOOOOOOOO much! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: and yes I grew all kinds of plants/ non-buds (like you) and with my green thumb after some trial and error my transition to budz is seamless…but I’m nowhere near what I want yet from my budz… every year I get better tho! Good Luck!!

2 Likes

No tent. Just grown outdoors on my patio. It was 80-90% for a few days and routinely gets to 80+ at night.

@Cantgetnosatisfaction yeah I’m not seeing any moths or anything like that. It did look like something was munching on a few leaves, but no signs of poop, larva or anything. Last season I had a few inch worm looking things and it was obvious from all the poop they left behind. Maybe I’ll spray with BT as a preventative on my Durban just in case.

No worries. I’m not really disappointed or anything. I just love growing stuff and the challenge of it. For me, half an ounce is like 2 months supply :rofl: Cannabis makes everything else I grown in my garden feel like amateur hour.

3 Likes

Haha lets c how my tomatoes come out this year

2 Likes

I see the the stems eaten some and maybe a turd

1 Like

Are you just starting out with the cannabis?

@Cantgetnosatisfaction second season outdoors and I grew a small plant once indoors but i wasn’t really taking it serious. So yeah still a beginner at cannabis. Been keeping a veggie garden for years.

@AL_GREEN @Cantgetnosatisfaction that pic might have been after I cut out rot, but the stems were rotted looking. Wouldn’t I see caterpillars when I harvested and manicured the buds? I was digging around pretty good. If not, then maybe you’re right and I need to treat with BT.

1 Like

Just looked further back in my journal and saw that I wrote “it’s been pretty dry but I pulled some sugar leaves as they looked like they were rotting.” This was right before I started seeing bud rot. You guys might be right about those little buggers!

Sometimes if the worms get ahead of me I will open/peel back flowers that look good and they are there a loupe or mag glass is in my pocket always at flower time . I bet them moth are in my garden right now forn catin and soiling my early flowers this very moment .

I have a bottle of captain jacks waiting for those bastards. They’re going down if they mess with my Durban!

1 Like