Naturalmedmans 2022 outdoor grow

Yup that’s how it starts the Caters start by munching on the stems ( the plants natural defense system keeps them from eating the buds themselves) They attack the stem and their saliva starts breaking down the stem and then the bud. As you stated the sugar leaves turn brown/wilt and are crispy to the touch…then the budz. Ive seen big ones but Ive barely seen the real tiny suckers until its too late…not sure why you’re not seeing them or any poo Its usually there? And yes the BT and BL is what Ive been told works pretty good!

1 Like

You have a natural talent for for growing things. I bet those tomatoes will be county fair prize winners!

2 Likes

Neem mostly will stop the development of eggs I guess the term is growth inhibitor Neem is in my tool belt I build up a mix stronger than the "Garden safe " bottle directions.
Neem has many benefits. I use it for leaf eaters. And everything else it give me is a bonus

1 Like

@Cantgetnosatisfaction Agree I use neem too…Except when in flower…But on the subject of pests talking Caterpillars Ive tried a little research and I haven’t seen anything (I’m sure its there or someone actually knows not assumes) on exactly how the Caters are getting there? In the soil? A moth laying its eggs? or the Catters waltzing over from one plant to another? I know a Entomologist would know (I don’t know any lol) I have read a few things but never delved deeper into the U.C. extensions info on this. Hmmm

2 Likes

I am located in Zone 9 and there is lots of moth and they are the cause here . When the larvae have grown some they become mobile . Not sure where y’all are at they probably have the same sneaky methods in your garden area .

1 Like

@Cantgetnosatisfaction @AL_GREEN @Naturalmedsman I’ve been growing outdoors for years, and were I’m at, if I don’t grow in a greenhouse with dehumidifiers during flower I loose half a plant to rot. Last year I had 4 autos outside,
what a mess that was,3 were in greenhouse, no rot. The humidity goes from 20to30% during the day to 90 to 100% every night. The plants will be soaked every night from that. I will be using agrowlyte on a couple that I have outside the greenhouse this year. So we will see how that go’s. Not saying you didn’t have caterpillars be humidity is brutal here. WPM can ruin a crop here as well if your not paying attention.

2 Likes

I’m done 4 and our main cause of rot is cool humid weather.

I do agree with @Naturalmedsman that autos aren’t necessarily the greatest thing ever. I’ve
Lost plenty of floweR to mold and rot when I thought I was being clever and growin autos in early summer to catch an early harvest before the photos are done.

2 Likes

Yep. I’m in 7b, but I live in a microclimate that is subtropical and it gets pretty humid at night. Still going to watch for critters just in case and use the agrowlyte.

The drama never ends. I woke up to whiteflies on my Durban this morning. Sprayed with captain jacks spinosad. Otherwise it’s looking good.

3 Likes

Out of likes, :heart:

1 Like

It never ends Army worms in the spring along with Mealy bugs.whiteflies,stinkbugs,leaf miners ,leaf rollers, nymph grasshoppers which grow up to eat more, ants couple kinds,moths laying eggs, birds building nest! I got some captain jacks dead bug powder . It gets mixed in with DE applied with an old school garden duster. It really slows down when the girls start growing trichomes. But them egg bombs are there waiting to send them worms out . All that goes on above ground. There is a whole bunch more lurking in the soil.

2 Likes

Bird nests! :scream_cat: #weedtreeproblems

Had some fungus gnats but BTi took care of those. Going to give one more dose just in case there are some stray larva lurking.

1 Like

The left plant had a little bird making a nest being assembled. I kept pulling a nest beginnings for a week before they gave up .

1 Like

Damn, that was my plan for next year… :confused:

1 Like

Beneficial nematodes I just ordered. Hopefully it helps for the below ground creeps

1 Like

Actually the birds might eat the bugs!

2 Likes

I’d rather not be with bird poop baby birds hang close to the nest and poop everywhere

2 Likes

Gotta wash your buds grown outdoors any way
Sorry, I’m a TreeHugger :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
“Save the shrimp” and all that :rofl:

2 Likes

Gave the Durban some pest repelling friends.

Had to dry the SLH quickly due to travel schedule. 24g (a little less without stems). Smells fantastic. I tried the sample I took 10 days ago and even though it isn’t fully cured it tasted great and had a nice cerebral effect, but mellow and not too anxious. The buds aren’t as dense as the Northern lights photo I grew last season. Not sure if that’s because it’s a sativa, autoflower or both.

s

3 Likes

Those are beauties! If I was a bird I’d want to live in them too :bird:

2 Likes

Looks we’re starting the pre flower stretch. Added some stakes and tried to even out the canopy a little. Lots of tops.

Red hot chilis are doing really well this year. Starting to grow higher then the tomato cage.

3 Likes