My very first Seedling

What are these spots these just came up today?!?!?!:tired_face:

Thanks my plants does about 5 now I got 34 also I change the soil from MG to FoxFarm no light also

Hey @Paranorman do you know what could be causing my leaves to turn up on the edges like this one? I also have another one doing this not quite as bad as this one.

I just transplanted these 2 days ago

Dear newbies,
Calm down! More plants and especially cannabis plants are killed by over attention and love than by diseases and bugs. Lol.
Monopodial plants (those growing vertically from a central stem) will naturally lose a few lower leaves as they grow. The stem increases in girth and the joint between the leaf calyx and stem loosens causing yellowing and finally dropping just like tree leaves do in the Fall.
My one thought (and there are conflicting opinions) is that you can’t germinate a seed and place it immediately into a large pot like three gallons. The roots will never reach the bottom of the pot for perhaps two months and that soil will become sodden mud. I have always gone from a 4" pot to a gallon liner to my final pot over a 75-90 day period. Careful transplanting doesn’t shock a plant and will reveal root problems to the grower along the way. It also gives you two opportunities to fully inspect your plants, trim and prune as necessary and treat any bugs thar may be trying to take hold. Others are successful putting a seed directly into a five gallon pot but they must be using a very open mix to promote drainage and are very careful when watering. So take your pick.

As a licensed nurseryman, I can tell you that the industry routinely follows the “pot up” plan I described. Cannabis in the end is just another nursery plant and responds well to the same techniques. I tell people that if something worked for their patio tomatoes, it will most likely work for their cannabis. It takes a lot of stress out of the situation.

If this helped, please like my post. Thanks.
I’m @otkkane on MassRoots.com

4 Likes

Hey guys can you all help me settle a debate between me and my wife please???

She says that in the middle of the picture above is this plants male reproductive parts or beginning of.
Either way I disagree. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

Keep in mind these seeds are regular o bag seeds NOT Feminized

Lol. No those are just the next set of leaves starting to sprout. If you know the flowering schedule for your strain, expect males to rear their heads about 10 days to two weeks before flowering.
A male grow bean shaped buds where flowers usually appear. Female buds have white pistils growing from them like tiny eye lashes. Harvest or destroy the males when they are first truly recognized because those beans burst upon with a large puff of pollen which the wind can carry quite a way to pollinate any receptive females around.
I think the ILGM free download ebook has photos of these variables for you to compare things to. That’s how I started bit with a paper back book forty years ago.

So here’s the new progress they seem to be doing pretty good but should I be trimming them some at this point?

I have topped the ones that were big enough last week.

Strain; Type, Bag seed

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Soil in pots
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?7.0

What is strength of nutrient mix? Ive only give ff grow big once didn’t have Tds meter then.

Indoor

Light system, size? 4lamp 4’ t5 fluorescent and 2 CFL 1600 lumens each

Temps; Day77, Night 70

Humidity; Day45%, Night 55%

Ventilation system; Yes, 4in in ceiling I plan on a carbon filter soon

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no

Co2; No

Feeling dumb for just finding the support ticket :dizzy_face:

What ever happened to green thumbs? Now everything sounds like a laboratory experiment…
Anyway, IMHO I wouldn’t pinch the tops out until you can spot axillary buds forming in the leaf axils. Topping at that point will encourage immediate branching. If done earlier, you may shock and stunt thr plant.
:alien:

1 Like

I would like to thank everyone on this site that I’ve talked to and the ones i haven’t talked to but whose opinion I listened to that led me to use this site as the place to purchase my seeds with confidence🙂.

I’m glad to say again I just received my second order the sour diesel this time only 7 days to get to here wow thanks to the entire team at ILGM

You are very welcome from all of us. That’s why it’s called the Cannabis Community. I’ve met very few people who wouldn’t go out of their way to help another grower.

Now about that run on sentence in paragraph one…LOL. :sunglasses:

Bahahaha the punctuation must’ve mysteriously disappeared.:dizzy_face::laughing:

I have just recently started using four gallon cat litter buckets. So much better than gallon jugs.

1 Like

You know that’s the greatest idea that I’ve heard in awhile ( I don’t get out much LOL :slight_smile: )

I have them everywhere and I think they’d make great bubble buckets too, but for now I’m going to start using one of them to fill my 7 gal. bucket rather than schlepping a couple of gallons back and forth, that way I can get down to two maybe three gallon jugs in the growroom! :slight_smile: -thanks!

2 Likes

Bubble buckets! Good idea. I’ve seriously been considering one dwc bucket in the room and never thought of using one of those .

1 Like

I have a quick question. Do you guys wait the entire 24 hrs. When you soak your seeds? Or go ahead and plant them as soon as they pop???

I like to wait until the have a little tail, like a quarter to half inch. I like to use a ziplock with paper towels and poor off extra water after first day. Allowing seeds to germ. In the folded paper towel. Be gentle when unfolding.

I don’t soak at all, some soak till they sink some soak for an hour but some until they see a taproot …myself I put right in the paper towel
-good luck

I used the paper towel method on my first 10. All of them survived that germinated. But when I got the seeds from ILGM I wanted to try it the exact way they describe( soaking in cup of water for 24 hrs.and I now have 2 W.W. 1 P.H. 1 S.D.
I decided to plant them as soon as they popped. I was just wondering what other methods y’all used?
And how long you let the taproot develop before planting?